Which bit is the bud and which the leaf?

Powernoob

Hi all,

I'm at harvest time now (amber trichs around), but I'm having trouble identifying the buds from the small leaves just around them. It seems like it's just small leaves and then smaller leaves and that's about it. Should I be trying to remove anything that looks like a leaf? I'm concerned about removing something that I should be keeping.

Thanks

Might want to upload a picture, Nearly impossible for us to tell you without one.

XSBaP.jpg

qHW7C.jpg

I took a couple of pictures - high res originals so hopefully they enlarge. Please note as this is my first grow the development of the plants/yield is not likely to look like you pro growers. I've learned a lot this time round and should be much better next.

Anyways, the first is the type I was asking about.

I noticed today that one of the plants is doing something a bit different - it seems to have gone into some second stage of those white feathery bits, which are coming out of the ends of the buds. The first type hasn't done that. However they are both showing signs of amber trichs. Should I be harvesting them both?

Thanks

Look at my current grow journal, I show some untrimmed and trimmed buds and it will give you an idea of what to take off. Usually for me it depends on the bud, some buds, that are coated with trichomes (like the one in my journal) I leave a little more leaf on and some other types, like OG's, I will close trim to the calyx's.

Look at my current grow journal, I show some untrimmed and trimmed buds and it will give you an idea of what to take off. Usually for me it depends on the bud, some buds, that are coated with trichomes (like the one in my journal) I leave a little more leaf on and some other types, like OG's, I will close trim to the calyx's.

Wao dude - I read that grow you did a while back - you used like 20 different types of nutes! I don't even pay myself that much attention! (not even nearly)

Just wondering - how did you get your plants to separate into several different shoots so close to the ground?

I think your yields are putting mine to considerable shame.

I used a training technique called LST or Low Stress Training and then when the ladies were big enough I added in a wire mesh screen and used a training technique called Scrog or Screen of Green.

Hey mate,
It seems like you have shorter compact buds, and there is a bit of leaf material around them. Usually you keep the ones covered with trichs, and remove at the stem fan leaves without any.. Its up to you how much you keep on them, you can trim the leaves shorter to make them more appealing, and also avoid having too much leaf material.
Nice job tho anyway mate! Look tasty:)
Smokemup

Back
Top Bottom