White Shiny Tips, Help?

Teo B

420 Member
Hi all I'm new here but got a slight problem I know there's a lot of expertise here:

12/12 start of flowering stage. White patches begin on tips and slowly moved to other large leaves. Not terribly spread...mainly tips. Nitrogen toxicity? Heck idk, but need help. Otherwise she stinks healthy and looks good.

Attachments

• IMG_20191121_134956368.jpg
    IMG_20191121_134956368.jpg
    975.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20191121_134936578.jpg
    IMG_20191121_134936578.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20191121_134923893.jpg
    IMG_20191121_134923893.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 71
Thank you , I do live in a high humidity area, should I use Neem Oil? And is Powdery Mildew considerable?? Thanks

I would get my humidity under control first. Fans will help during veg but not so much in flower. You will loose all the buds. Environment is #1 on being successful. Read journals here. It will all make sense. It’s easy to get discouraged. Keep it simple.

1-gallon of water.
1tbsp-baking soda
1tbsp liquid soap
2tbsp of vegetable oil

This will treat the mold.

Awesome thanks a bunch. I did in fact read that article and wanted to confirm my suspicions. I will get on the mix immediately and spray with bottle if that's appropriate. Thanks!

Hi! So I have followed the directions regarding mix of baking, veg oil, liquid soap, 1 gal H2o. Over coarse of 2 days it looked nice, cleaned up. But last 2 days seems like she took a turn for the worst.

Her buds however are exploding over night. Is this now a nitrogen deficiency due to accelerated bud growth? A side effect of the anti mold mix. It happened over the course of 3 days

I'm worried but hopefully cause of the buds. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20191124_111620750.jpg
    IMG_20191124_111620750.jpg
    637.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20191124_111611289.jpg
    IMG_20191124_111611289.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20191124_111557116.jpg
    IMG_20191124_111557116.jpg
    892.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20191124_111526899.jpg
    IMG_20191124_111526899.jpg
    755 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20191124_111522493.jpg
    IMG_20191124_111522493.jpg
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20191124_100619819.jpg
    IMG_20191124_100619819.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 73
I was not planning on re-transplanting, as far as nutrients it's what's in the soil. I did not consider that I ABSOLUTELY needed nutrients. But I've added bloom here and there, should I do more? She's just looking worse by the minute and wondering if she's too far gone. The buds though! They keep coming. They're growing

I'm definitely a newbie here but I'm trying and appreciate any advice.

BTW, frequency of watering has been when my meter drops to mid moist. But lately I've been adding more water cause I figured it needs more as she Flowers.

BTW, frequency of watering has been when my meter drops to mid moist. But lately I've been adding more water cause I figured it needs more as she Flowers.

Water when the container is light. I'm guessing some of these issues are caused by adding too much water. Check out the watering guide in my signature, it contains useful information, and includes a section on moisture meters.

The burned tips at the top is consistent with where the mold was, so the plant is just healing there - there are some other symptoms I don't see as effects of the mold, though.

The plant looks deficient overall. I'd say it needs P and Ca especially. But don't pour anything in there until your soil has dried out.

Were those bloom nutes organic or salts?

This is a tough one, calling on @Emilya for an assist.

Welcome. I use neem to control PM. BTW, those sure look like balls. Lose the meter and water by weight. Get a same container, fill it with the same media and put it in a plastic bag to compare. Medias are usually shipped with a minimum of moisture, and you want to approach that between waterings.
Cannabis-Male-Female-Hermaphrodite.png

Okey dokey I'll take the recommendation and let dry out then find an organic nute that has phospherous and calcium. The bloom I used was organic.

@Bush Doctor 77 I totally agree and that too made me wonder about gender, but there are pistols everywhere. Type is Strawberry Sequoia and the seed came from a 17g batch of 28% thc flower. I wondered if it was hermaphrodite...

Okey dokey I'll take the recommendation and let dry out then find an organic nute that has phospherous and calcium. The bloom I used was organic.

@Bush Doctor 77 I totally agree and that too made me wonder about gender, but there are pistols everywhere. Type is Strawberry Sequoia and the seed came from a 17g batch of 28% thc flower. I wondered if it was hermaphrodite...
Take a look at Megacrop. There is a thread here. Very easy to use.

Yeah my plant has died altogether. So no sense in any advice now... Starting over brand new. Thought I had something going until I sprayed baking soda, vegetable oil, 1 gal water, and dish soap mix. After that it shocked it, stunted it, and killed it with toxic poisoning cause soap clogs plant pores!

I simply had a little mold developing, asked for advice.. I even asked should I use Neem Oil? Instead i tried to "keep it simple" by using this radical mix I was advised of. DON'T!!! DO NOT KILL YOUR THRIVING PLANT. My plant got toxic shock from the mix and never recovered. And I mean there are no other "reasons" my plant died. BAKING SODA, DISH SOAP, GALLON OF WATER, AND VEGTABLE OIL = Instant Death. Use organic Neem Oil instead to steer clear of developing mold. And dont listen to advice like "keep it simple". Simple? Naw that's not simple. Follow your gut and heed any advice given with a discernment...because it doesn't mean it's right.

Thanks!

Yeah my plant has died altogether. So no sense in any advice now... Starting over brand new. Thought I had something going until I sprayed baking soda, vegetable oil, 1 gal water, and dish soap mix. After that it shocked it, stunted it, and killed it with toxic poisoning cause soap clogs plant pores!

I simply had a little mold developing, asked for advice.. I even asked should I use Neem Oil? Instead i tried to "keep it simple" by using this radical mix I was advised of. DON'T!!! DO NOT KILL YOUR THRIVING PLANT. My plant got toxic shock from the mix and never recovered. And I mean there are no other "reasons" my plant died. BAKING SODA, DISH SOAP, GALLON OF WATER, AND VEGTABLE OIL = Instant Death. Use organic Neem Oil instead to steer clear of developing mold. And dont listen to advice like "keep it simple". Simple? Naw that's not simple. Follow your gut and heed any advice given with a discernment...because it doesn't mean it's right.

Thanks!
The care it got previous, probably sealed it's doom! I use soap on my plants on a regular basis, mixed with neem. Soap does not clog the pores.

The practice you were recommended is quite common.
It looks like you had a number of issues playing against you at the same time. Don't call it a failure. An unsuccessful grow is still worth it's weight in knowledge and experience.
I don't know what light you have but I can tell it's a Blurple LED and it's either quite underpowered, or way too high above the plant from the look of the stretch you had on your plant. That didn't help...
Also the watering practice looked to be a big issue along with the lack of understanding nutrients and how they react to our plants. Also one thing I found somewhat surprising was that you had powdery mildew in a nice open space like that and very little foliage... You must have very little to no air movement? My rule of thumb is "if you can light a match and have it not blow out in your grow room you don't have enough air movement. (that's just my rule). You will learn as you go and your next grow will be better, and the one after that will be even better...
Nobody starts out professional that's for sure.
Keep on Keepin' on! :ganjamon:

Another way of looking at it, you basically killed a plant that was a male anyway.....

Back
Top Bottom