White Widow Auto leaf issue: Need some help

persitidc

420 Member
Hi There,
first grow, from seed. I noticed some discoloration/burning on the plant leaves and after a lot of reading, I'm still not sure what could be the problem and wanted to get some help before trying to fix it by myself.

• White Widow auto-flowering seed from 420
  • MARS Hydro Led Grow Light 300W
  • 16"x16"x48" indoor tent
  • 5gal bucket with 4" airstone
  • FoxFarm at less than half dosage (3tsp of GrowBig and 3tsp Bloom)
  • RO Water + Cal-mag + hydroguard
  • PH typically between 5.7 and 6.5 - PPM at ~416
  • Light distance is now 16" but initially was 6"....
  • Temp in grow room is around 21C to 25 C (~70F to 77F)
  • Temp of water in bucket ~18C-20C (64F-68F)
  • Humidity in tent around 25-30%
  • Two 120mm fans as intake and one 120mm as exhaust

I Believe that I had the light too close, so I raised the light to 16" which is the maximum height I can set it due to the big & tall 5gal bucket I'm using.
Initially I used around 3/4 of the full nutrients, as per fox farm scheduling, but then replaced half of the bucket with plain RO water. Changes were done 3 days ago.

Any comment/help will be GREATY appreciated! Thanks in advance.

//Persiti

Attachments

• IMG_1189.jpeg
    IMG_1189.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1190.jpeg
    IMG_1190.jpeg
    378.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1191.jpeg
    IMG_1191.jpeg
    386.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1192.jpeg
    IMG_1192.jpeg
    601.5 KB · Views: 136
Even for your fairly low temperature in your room your humidity is still on the low side. That can slow the plants metabolism some. Try to get that up at least 5% more if you can. Also it looks to be slightly overfed but not bad. I would cut your new Strength by about 1/4. Also I would not pH to 6.5 at all. 6.5 is a soil pH. Stick around 5.5 to 5.8.

LED light at 6" will do it, plus it pancaked the plant, see thick short stems. If 16" is all you can go with light you going to have a difficult time later on. I would also cut those nute levels in half until you get a plant up past a foot. LED lights are intense and burn easily and remember less is better in hydro. Many new growers have growth problems created by LED lights being too close and nutes too high.

Ya....pH , as mentioned, way too high

Light will be a challenge in a 4' tall area, and an led at 16" at this young age is a bit close

I'd probably be closer to 1/4 strength nutes, max at 1/2 strength, but full strength on calmag and hydroguard

How far below the net pot is yer water at?

Good luck

Hi There,
first grow, from seed. I noticed some discoloration/burning on the plant leaves and after a lot of reading, I'm still not sure what could be the problem and wanted to get some help before trying to fix it by myself.

• White Widow auto-flowering seed from 420
  • MARS Hydro Led Grow Light 300W
  • 16"x16"x48" indoor tent
  • 5gal bucket with 4" airstone

• FoxFarm at less than half dosage (3tsp of GrowBig and 3tsp Bloom)

3:3 tsp in 1 gallon is full strength ....

Just an update: after raising the light , adding a small humidifier , plant seems to be going quite well.
Thanks for all the help and comments!

Attachments

• 25EAF365-0D10-4365-8396-F0AD38AEE56C.jpeg
    25EAF365-0D10-4365-8396-F0AD38AEE56C.jpeg
    588.2 KB · Views: 150
3:3 tsp in 1 gallon is full strength ....

How do nute companies get away with such grossly inaccurate feeding schedules? It genuinely upsets me when I see these things. In what world is it a good idea to give a seedling 600ppm and full strength at week 2?
I've had monsters that never went as high as that week 2 dose.

How do nute companies get away with such grossly inaccurate feeding schedules? It genuinely upsets me when I see these things. In what world is it a good idea to give a seedling 600ppm and full strength at week 2?
I've had monsters that never went as high as that week 2 dose.

Their business isn't growing plants, it's to get you to buy more of their product. They all do it hoping you'll waste and buy, waste and buy.

Their business isn't growing plants, it's to get you to buy more of their product. They all do it hoping you'll waste and buy, waste and buy.
Yeah mate. Money money money, that s all they care about. You'd think they'd want to provide you with the best possible schedule though so that you do as best you can and tell all your mates about their wonderful products. What do we know about marketing tho lol

Back
Top Bottom