White Widow Feminized Indoor Grow 400W LED Grow Light 75% Soil 25% Cow Manure 1G Pot

Re: White Widow Feminized Indoor Grow 400W LED Grow Light 75% Soil 25% Cow Manure 1G

how tall should i wait my plant until i can start to flower and can i start flowering earlier so the plant does not get to tall ?

Re: White Widow Feminized Indoor Grow 400W LED Grow Light 75% Soil 25% Cow Manure 1G

can i do LST with this plant ?
20170626_223300.jpg
20170626_223430.jpg
20170626_223255.jpg
20170626_223305.jpg

Hey buddy. I'll try to answer your questions best I can here.

1) there is no certain height. But keep this general rule in mind... most indica or indica dominant strains will basically double in height during flowering, and some sativas will triple. You can use LST to control height some, for sure. You can flip to flower anytime you feel like it, but, if I were you and I wanted to flower ASAP, I'd do some lst and let your plant fill back out, which should make no more than a day or three, then, I'd flip to flower after you get her a little wider.

2) You can lst this plant, for sure. A really simple way to do so would be pulling your main stem down and over, tying it down so that the plant looks horizontal instead of vertical. You could do this and not much else and it would likely increase the amount you get at harvest vs. not doing any training at all.

Good luck man!

Hey buddy. I'll try to answer your questions best I can here.

1) there is no certain height. But keep this general rule in mind... most indica or indica dominant strains will basically double in height during flowering, and some sativas will triple. You can use LST to control height some, for sure. You can flip to flower anytime you feel like it, but, if I were you and I wanted to flower ASAP, I'd do some lst and let your plant fill back out, which should make no more than a day or three, then, I'd flip to flower after you get her a little wider.

2) You can lst this plant, for sure. A really simple way to do so would be pulling your main stem down and over, tying it down so that the plant looks horizontal instead of vertical. You could do this and not much else and it would likely increase the amount you get at harvest vs. not doing any training at all.

Good luck man!

Its much clearer now thanks a lot man so i went with topping the top hope i did it the right way though lol i will wait for it to recover but after this it means i could basically put it to flower ? i will send you pics of what i did hehe

Its much clearer now thanks a lot man so i went with topping the top hope i did it the right way though lol i will wait for it to recover but after this it means i could basically put it to flower ? i will send you pics of what i did hehe

20170627_012721.jpg
20170627_012744.jpg
20170627_012739.jpg

as i said before i know nothing about growing Cannabis i probably did this the wrong way but hey its all about learning

Yep, just let her recover. You still might bend her with lst some a few days after the topping.

Alright thanks man good thing you on here or i would pretty much be on my own lol i am giving her two weeks and then i set her up to go into flower :p

Just keep in mind, generally the longer you can let her veg, the more productive she'll be in flowering. Up to a certain point anyway. But people run 12/12 light from seed...especially if they're doing a sea of green setup with lots of smaller plants taking up their grow space, so, getting your plants to flower early isn't a problem, just depends on what your goal for the individual plant or group of plants is.

Just keep in mind, generally the longer you can let her veg, the more productive she'll be in flowering. Up to a certain point anyway. But people run 12/12 light from seed...especially if they're doing a sea of green setup with lots of smaller plants taking up their grow space, so, getting your plants to flower early isn't a problem, just depends on what your goal for the individual plant or group of plants is.

Alright sounds good to be honest i am not looking for something big i want to keep it small and flower it try some stuff like the topping i did experience i am not looking to have the biggest yield possible i just enjoy the plant itself and to see it grow :p

You see how your upper big leaves are blocking those newer growths lower and inside your plant? I would tuck those big top leaves away. You see the new growth on your topped part, looks light greenish and new? All the places on your plant that look that way, you should work on getting light to those spots. Based on your plan for the plant, do that and flip to flower in about 2 days. What you want is as many of those growth sites-- little new bushy areas coming out from the middle--as you can exposed to light. You want a canopy with several star shaped growth sites which will end up being your flower sites.

Go look at the very first pages of my journal. When I started the journal, these plants were a lite younger than yours but roughly the same age. Same ways along.

And seriously if you have any soft twine or rubbed insulated wire, if you bend your main stem over to one side and just tie it there, give it a few days and your bottom growth will start to catch up to the top.

All that said, you can flip to flower right now. I would at least tuck in those big upper fan leaves though, make sure you have a handful of good growth sites getting light and not just your main middle one.

You want these lower areas I've circled to come up, and fairly even with your main stem. Topping like you did encourages your plant to bush out from underneath (or, helps to break apical dominance--where your main center stem becomes the focus of your plant's efforts). If you're growing in a large or unconfined space, topping and training and all that isn't as important, though it can still be useful. Anyway, hopefully this crappy picture helps. lol. Keep it up man. I have a feeling you'll get some decent bud off of her.

heinzredcirc.jpg

So i trimmed all the fan leaves that were taking all the light away from the bud sites do you think ?? i will send you some pics maybe this way i could lst better as well since its less bushy you can see some of them and bended down this was because some fan leafs were really big leafs look dark green as well on some pics but its my camera :p at this point i just cant wait to just start flowering them

20170629_034309.jpg
20170629_034250.jpg

So is that second pic the one your friend took?

And not bad on exposing more sites there. The defoliation shouldn't stress them too much, doesn't look like you took too many. Just give her a day or so to kind of recuperate, and if she's looking good do your flip.

So is that second pic the one your friend took?

And not bad on exposing more sites there. The defoliation shouldn't stress them too much, doesn't look like you took too many. Just give her a day or so to kind of recuperate, and if she's looking good do your flip.

Oh no we just took a couple like you said for better airflow and let the smaller section get more light those are the ones at my friends place the one with the hairs going bought a timer 2 days ago and the one i have home is now on 12/12

Back
Top Bottom