White Widow Max HomeBox Grow 2009!

Very nice WRX. They are looking very healthy. I'm probably putting mine into flower next weekend. I just transplanted into 5 gal pots and put them under a 400w MH. I figured I'd give them a week to get used to their new home and would switch to the 400w HPS and 12/12. Keep up the great work.

-Sol

Weed Ryder! Hey thanks bud! I am so happy my love is showing! I just want to look at them all the time and sing and talk and dance with them, but they seem to all have 2 left feet, so i have to make up for it with my own jigs of greatness!!!

Soltan Thanks for stopping by! I looked at your grow! nice dude! I am so anxious to start getting buds on my babies! I want so find the males ASAP and kill theM!

But all good things come with time! so I must be patient!

Plants will stretch when they enter the flowering period. Some double in height some triple.

Plan ahead for this where possible.

Alternatively read up on LST, you may need to practice some bondage on them to keep them from burning up in the lights.

Hey Soniq420, and Kannabiskid! thanks for stopping by!

I'm loving the sound of bondage! Although im new to the subject, do you have any suggestions. I have read up on it, but i am still unsure of where to begin with my plants.
Since they entered the flowering stage they have grown a ton, over the posts now. I am hoping to find out the sexes ASAP, and then hopefully i can get rid of just ONE of the plants to give some more room to the others. Do you think i should top the plants and then start the LST? Also what is better, a net or just some hemp string? I have seen people using rubber coated wire....but im all ears!

I am a ball of nerves and excitement. I am so proud of myself! and yes Kid you said it right I'm preparing for "The Rise of the Weeds!" I cant wait!

Do you think i should top the plants and then start the LST? Also what is better, a net or just some hemp string? I have seen people using rubber coated wire....but im all ears!

I am a ball of nerves and excitement. I am so proud of myself! and yes Kid you said it right I'm preparing for "The Rise of the Weeds!" I cant wait!

Honestly, I'm sure you will get varied responses on this one. Gonna have to be a judgement call on your part. I started to LST but didn't finish it so I can't say whether or not it made a huge difference. I have seen benefits both ways, but I'm gonna stick with LST. As far as what to use, use whatever is handy that won't damage the plant. String, wire, twist ties or shoelaces. As long as they hold her into position without damage, you'll be good. I bought some twine recently so that's what I am gonna use. I originally used a small nylon rope on my current girl.

I know the feeling. My "Experiment" has turned into a hobby lol. Gonna harvest soon and have a WWM sprouting so she'll go in the farm soon. A few years ago I never would have thought about cultivating, but that changed lol.

SO i have a ton of pictures, I am overwhelmed and am not really sure where to begin...

So I had mentioned the clone box I was making here it is!

I duct taped the edges of an old book shelf. It is just a 20 dollar book shelf from Target. The duct tape is to seal the cracks from any light escaping on the case.
rsz_duct_tape_edges.jpg

I bought 2x24 inch 75 watt florescent fixtures with bulbs, they were 9.79 each from WalMart. Sadly once I got got them both set up one of them blew, I am not sure if it is the bulb or fixture, so I am just going to replace the fixture....I mean 10 bucks....can't really beat that. And I believe that 150 watts total light for 24 hrs a day is more than enough for cuttings to grow....;)

broken fixture...
rsz_busted_light.jpg

shelf next to the the homebox!
rsz_box_and_clone_box.jpg

its set up for 2 lights...
rsz_set_up_for_two_lights.jpg

funky picture...
rsz_set_up_for_two_lights.jpg

light on at night...cover up...
rsz_clonebox_at_night_cover_off.jpg

cover down, lights off, but my computer screen is on...thing is so bright, i could prob grow just from the monitor! ;p
rsz_clone_box_with_light_form_comp.jpg

all lights off! I am going to get a hook to attach the bottom of the towel and remove the rest of the light from escaping...
rsz_all_lights_off_clone_box.jpg

ok i need to take a break, ill be back in 5 min to finish posting, im lost in my pictures!!!

ok back.....

K here is the new bulb...

rsz_new_hps_bulb.jpg

On the last post i messed up.....this is the funky picture i was talking about......its the dome kinda kool i thought....

rsz_funky.jpg

A tiger chilling in the jungle!!!
rsz_1a_tiger_stakling_its_prey.jpg

here is the Neem Oil i am using! It works SOOOO WELL to get rid of all my pests! it was only 10.50 and 1 or 2 sprays is all the plants needed for a few weeks. Just remember to spray the new growth! I forgot once and had a mite eat a few holes, needless to say I killed it, very slow painful death between my fingertips....(sry that was a little morbid!)
rsz_kneem_oil_for_pests_and_fungus.jpg

Here is a picture of STINKY!! I'm so in love with her! I spoil her as often as possible!
rsz_stinky.jpg

and a close up! I am 99% sure she is a female! I would REALLY like some more opinions on this picture!

rsz_female-stinky.jpg

Tonight I separated the 3 plants. I left stinky in the grow chamber and put the other 2 in a different room in opposite corners. I did this because I thought I saw little balls forming on the UK strain and the Deformed WWM. Here are some pics of the 2 plants, they are not the best, but maybe someone with a better eye can help me out!

Here is the UK strain
rsz_uk_male_or_female_2.jpg

rsz_uk_male_or_female.jpg

Here is the Deformed WWM
rsz_deformed_wwm_male_or_female.jpg

rsz_deforemd_wwm_2.jpg

Alright....I think that covers everything for now...As usual I feel like I am forgetting something...but I am sure I will remember at some random point tomorrow!

Well looking back at those 2 posts I see I messed up 2 times. One picture didn't post, its the one of the broken fixture, so you guys are not missing anything...

also i posted the same picture 2 times, but i posted the one I called funky on my second batch of pictures...

Here are some pics of the 3 plants together in the chamber before I split them up! I wish I had bought Feminized seeds! These plants are so nice, so bushy, and the SMELLS OMG THE SMELLS! I have my fingers crossed that the UK strain will not be a male because it has a very fruity spicy smell. The WWM plants smell like yummy skunky goodness! Anyway, that is why I wish i had the feminized seeds because these plants are so pretty even if they are male!

Still fingers crossed for 1 female!

ahh pics! almost forgot cuz i rolled a doobie....

rsz_all_3.jpg

rsz_all_3_again.jpg

rsz_closer_all_3.jpg

Plants will stretch when they enter the flowering period. Some double in height some triple.

Plan ahead for this where possible.

Alternatively read up on LST, you may need to practice some bondage on them to keep them from burning up in the lights.

yes it looks like you need to put them in 12/12 asap and switch to HPS for flowering.

Ah sweet!
I have been under 12/12 for 4 days now!

As far as the pots go, I am not sure I can replant them. Right now I am having problems with over crowding and I cant let the plants get much bigger or they will be way over crowded.
I am so conflicted... If i had my druthers I would like to have all 3 be females...but i dont have the space....

ok ok anyway, I was reading about LST and sexing and what not....so i put all 3 back in the chamber and tied some string up...ill post some pics asap

i just need to resize them

Hey thanks for stopping by Mtnbiker2288! Love the profile pic! I had to get all 4 seasons, sadly i don't own a tv so ill have to wait for a while to see the next season ;p

Alright, so here are some more pics.

Started training the plants today, as I said I put all 3 back in the chamber.

Here are some pics!
rsz_lst1.jpg

I am using twist ties to train the plants to the guide lines. It is working so well, i can see the plant changing growth patterns already!
rsz_lst2.jpg

here is stinky! god im in lovers with her, i dont think its natural....o wait.....mmmmm
rsz_lst3.jpg

here is a pic of the bend in stinky! she is very limber, i must say i find that attractive for some reason.... ;p
rsz_1lst5.jpg

here is the UK strain, I just looked at it again, I need to post an other picture, the change in an hour is unreal!
rsz_1lst4.jpg

here is the deformed one i think this is a male...the leaves are so broad and the stalk is so thick....hmm ill know soon enough, and hopefully not to late!
rsz_lst6.jpg

and an other one
rsz_lst8.jpg

ok here are a few close ups.....

is this a male?
rsz_male.jpg

trying to get good close ups but it is so hard. my camera is only 5 mega pixels, I'm amazed at how good some of these pictures turn out!

rsz_male2.jpg

rsz_male3.jpg

and here are some fun pics!

rsz_fun.jpg

rsz_fun2.jpg

hehe....couldnt help it..
rsz_grrrowl.jpg

chiller for life is the caption
rsz_pimpin.jpg

as always i feel im forgetting something....ill post those new pics of the change in an hour of the growth training...need to resize them...

You should give serious thoughts to the larger pots that McBudz suggests.

What's above ground and growing is supported by what's below ground and rooting.

If you choke the roots and they become bound or have no where to continue to expand into; your above ground work will suffer.

If you don't have the space you should think about moveing a plant to a different location. Better to have most grow right to the endpoint that have more not grow to their potential.

Your stings are fine for support, but you need to get a noose around the stem to pull those babies over.

yea i have the twist ties pulling them over, it is slow work though the main stalk is super sturdy, they are black so they are hard to see in those pictures, today they are bent a lot further and the growth patterns have changed again.

i think the deformed plant is a male, as well as the UK strain, I pulled the Deformed WWm and put in an other room to watch, i will take pictures of the possible ball sacks asap. I have my fingers crossed that the UK strain is a Female, although i think i saw balls growing on that plant as well.

if botth of those go male ill deffinatly get a bigger pot, but if not i really need to stay the size i am at rightnow. As i said from the get go, my goal here is to get at least one female to start cloning. Once I have that I am golden! Not to worried about the first harvest! i just want to make sure i can keep my supply going! I would really enjoy it if the UK strain was a female! 2 girls would be the tits! i love verity!

Back
Top Bottom