CBD White Widow AF Grow

Brother T

Read the rules of the forum and will try my best to adhere...please feel free to let me know if I color outside the lines...

First grow of photos was 'a learning experience'... aka, despite decades of successful farming, I let the internet get the best of me...crap LED lights...might as well have illuminated with a match... their max output is barely equal to min of new, high quality adjustable lights with same rating. Add in peeps giving opinions based upon??? Shame on me for not adhering to "in God we trust", all others bring data!

But I digress. ..yes, legal grow where I am. Lessons learned so restarting slow w/2 CBD White Widow AF seeds soaking overnight...

And so the story begins...

Read the rules of the forum and will try my best to adhere...please feel free to let me know if I color outside the lines...

First grow of photos was 'a learning experience'... aka, despite decades of successful farming, I let the internet get the best of me...crap LED lights...might as well have illuminated with a match... their max output is barely equal to min of new, high quality adjustable lights with same rating. Add in peeps giving opinions based upon??? Shame on me for not adhering to "in God we trust", all others bring data!

But I digress. ..yes, legal grow where I am. Lessons learned so restarting slow w/2 CBD White Widow AF seeds soaking overnight...

And so the story begins...
Hey Brother T , glad things are legal for you.
Good luck on your grow my friend. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Good day gro wise as both seeds were napping on the bottom of the water glass this morning after a 12 hr bath. Good indicator of viability when they sink. Transferred them to some moist toweling paper then placed that inside of opaque old margarine container, lid cracked a bit for air...now up on semi dark shelf in gro rm at ~80F...warm & really humid out... tornado watch posted...all gud...

Time will tell...filled fabric pots with gro mix...3 parts peat,3 compost (news says cow crap in short supply... seriously?)...no vermiculite to be found local...2.5 parts perlite to make up for no vermiculite. Mix has been sauteing for a few days. Amazing how much moisture it pulled from the air. Put the filled fabric pots in gro rm to equilibrate...

Fingers crossed that seeds will germinate & be ready for transplant in a few days...

Hope ur grows...ur lives...all that u hold in ur heart is well...Wishing Peace, Blessings & all that life holds to u & urs...

Brother T

Day 7...the 2nd seed finally split & extending nice root. 2 of 2 now germinated. Haven't decided if they're going into peat pellets or direct to soil...just happy they germinated!

Day 7...the 2nd seed finally split & extending nice root. 2 of 2 now germinated. Haven't decided if they're going into peat pellets or direct to soil...just happy they germinated!
I've heard good things about those peat pellets.
I run coco usually but this summer will be a soil run.
I'm going to use peat pellets for a few seeds.
Hope it goes well my friend @Brother T

Stay safe
Bill

Seeds germinated nicely. Decided to go with transplant to peat pots in mini humidity dome. Roughly 80 days to harvest if all goes well...
IMG_20220414_074342633.jpg

Seeds germinated nicely. Decided to go with transplant to peat pots in mini humidity dome. Roughly 80 days to harvest if all goes well...
IMG_20220414_074342633.jpg
Unless your place is bone dry seeds usually don't need a dome.
If you do use one let air in a few times a day.
Or they get soft.
Solo cup in a window works well.

Stay safe
Bill

Thanks Bill... northerner who's used to a desert dry house in the winter from the heat / woodstove running. 70% humidity today down here in the south...thank you! Those roots would have damped off in no time.

Lol, amazing that I've grown fruit trees, brambles & grapes like you wouldn't believe... Grew finicky, look at me wrong & I'll wilt & die veggies for decades with considerable success... but I'm having a time of it growing a weed.... truly appreciate the advice...stay well...

Thanks Bill... northerner who's used to a desert dry house in the winter from the heat / woodstove running. 70% humidity today down here in the south...thank you! Those roots would have damped off in no time.

Lol, amazing that I've grown fruit trees, brambles & grapes like you wouldn't believe... Grew finicky, look at me wrong & I'll wilt & die veggies for decades with considerable success... but I'm having a time of it growing a weed.... truly appreciate the advice...stay well...
Hopefully everything is smooth sailing from here on.
But don't worry we are a friendly bunch and available always .
Talk soon my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

We have lift off!!! whats the THC to CBD ratio on this strain?

Watching over like she's my baby girl...hopefully a she as the seeds are not feminized. Small, yep, but info from seed distributor says 50% ruderalis, 24-30" at harvest. Perfect size for closet gro...
IMG_20220429_174716934.jpg

Week 4 already. Amazed by the growth in just a week.

The 2nd plant is beginning to show yellow margins on a few leaves...thinking potassium deficiency as my grape vines would sometimes get like this. I gave that one a small drink of 6-4-4 to see if that helps. The 1st one is doing fine so I resisted the urge to 'fix' what ain't broke.

The strain info said compact...they weren't kidding...

Hope all are well...Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there..

IMG_20220508_061551437.jpg

Ok, let's get the nonsense out of the way...if you're watching vids on YouTube and they never show you their plants...well, I say their info is suspect...Now that's done... here's a traditional grow diary...

Week 5: good growth week over week after starting back to amendments on week 4. I'm using Fox Farm Grow Big & Big Bloom at half recommended strength, every watering as I'm playing catch up... you're milage may vary

Soil ...1 part peat, 1 part composted manure (black cow... cheap but I've always had consistent results), 1 part perilite...super soil 'formula' calls for vermiculite... But I'm using fabric pots to promote soil dry out.. so why would i want vermiculite which is intended to hold more moisture? No vermiculite..

Setup: 3gal fabric pots, 2x5 closet space, reflective walls, temp 75-80F, RH 45-60%, leds ~45k lux at top of plant

Bam!!!...#2 in preflower...and I swear the plants grow by the hour! Started LST on #2...#1 real bushy so not sure if LST will be an option.

Note to self...#1 germinated fast. Both germinated seeds were put into peat pellets...peat, nothing else. #1 was transplanted in the peat pellet w/the outer fabric sliced to help the roots find the soil. #2 was planted bare root as the peat pellet crumbled in my hand. But #2 is almost 2x the size of #1 so wondering if no nutes in the peat pellet impeded the growth of #1 whereas #2 was in soil w/compost...next time, direct to soil in solo cup.

Temp...75-78 F, RH 45-60... struggling to maintain RH manually as its 86% Rh outside..in the South, no basement. Humidifier now on timer...60 mins on, 30 mins off as even the lowest setting was producing water dripping down the wall.

Growings...you were right. My fat fingers hit the hold button so my humidity looked ok but it was way off. Thank you!

Seeing pistols on #2 and unfortunately noticing slight yellowing on the margins. Starting Tiger Bloom next watering which may help with the yellowing margins.

They're still alive so i I'm doing something right..thank you to everyone that has walked with & offered both support & advice...you folks rock! I couldn't have gotten this far without you!

IMG_20220515_161844722.jpg

IMG_20220513_083147894.jpg

Ok, let's get the nonsense out of the way...if you're watching vids on YouTube and they never show you their plants...well, I say their info is suspect...Now that's done... here's a traditional grow diary...

Week 5: good growth week over week after starting back to amendments on week 4. I'm using Fox Farm Grow Big & Big Bloom at half recommended strength, every watering as I'm playing catch up... you're milage may vary

Soil ...1 part peat, 1 part composted manure (black cow... cheap but I've always had consistent results), 1 part perilite...super soil 'formula' calls for vermiculite... But I'm using fabric pots to promote soil dry out.. so why would i want vermiculite which is intended to hold more moisture? No vermiculite..

Setup: 3gal fabric pots, 2x5 closet space, reflective walls, temp 75-80F, RH 45-60%, leds ~45k lux at top of plant

Bam!!!...#2 in preflower...and I swear the plants grow by the hour! Started LST on #2...#1 real bushy so not sure if LST will be an option.

Note to self...#1 germinated fast. Both germinated seeds were put into peat pellets...peat, nothing else. #1 was transplanted in the peat pellet w/the outer fabric sliced to help the roots find the soil. #2 was planted bare root as the peat pellet crumbled in my hand. But #2 is almost 2x the size of #1 so wondering if no nutes in the peat pellet impeded the growth of #1 whereas #2 was in soil w/compost...next time, direct to soil in solo cup.

Temp...75-78 F, RH 45-60... struggling to maintain RH manually as its 86% Rh outside..in the South, no basement. Humidifier now on timer...60 mins on, 30 mins off as even the lowest setting was producing water dripping down the wall.

Growings...you were right. My fat fingers hit the hold button so my humidity looked ok but it was way off. Thank you!

Seeing pistols on #2 and unfortunately noticing slight yellowing on the margins. Starting Tiger Bloom next watering which may help with the yellowing margins.

They're still alive so i I'm doing something right..thank you to everyone that has walked with & offered both support & advice...you folks rock! I couldn't have gotten this far without you!

IMG_20220515_161844722.jpg

IMG_20220513_083147894.jpg
Good morning Brother T. Hope you had a great weekend.
Just looking at the girls and noticed the colors slightly lighter than I'd like. :Namaste:
How is their nutritional uptake?
Or is the color off because of the light?

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Bill, spot on again...please bear with my long post...

End of week 7: CBD WHITE WIDOW AUTO – 2 plants

Basics:
  • 3 gal fiber pots
  • Soil: 3 parts peat, 3 parts composted manure, 2 parts perlite
  • (2) 1000W adjustable intensity LEDS
  • Closet grow (5’ long, 2’ wide, 8’ high), lined with reflective material
  • 3 speed adjustable intake fan
  • Variable speed exhaust fan with carbon filter
  • Variable speed, 1 gallon humidifier – runs via controller
  • Heater – runs off controller, not needed at this time

Environment:
  • LEDS: on 18 hrs, off 6 hrs, ~12-18” above plants (at max height-modification in progress) – intensity at 75% due to some light burn
  • RH: ~50%
  • Temp: 78-80F

Plants:
  • Height:
  • WW#1 – 12” (LST)
  • WW#2 – 18” (LST
  • Health:
    • WW#1 – moderate yellowing of the margins on the lower leaves, upper 25% green
    • WW#2 – minor yellowing of the margins on the lower leaves, upper 33% green
Stage: both plants forming buds

Nutes:

Week 7: Big Grow (1 tsp/gal), Big Bloom (1.5 tsp/gal), Tiger Bloom (1 tsp/gal), 2X/week

Learnings:

• The new automation controller is in place which has minimized both the %RH variation and water consumption. The humidifier was originally on a timer and was using 1 gal/day. With the automatic control, the humidifier now uses ~1 pint/day. It is very possible that the excess humidity was inhibiting water and nutrient uptake from the soil
    WW1Auto6-1.jpg
    control box.jpg
    pc bluetooth.jpg
    cell bluetooth.png
    which may explain the yellow leaf margins. New growth has increased and is maintaining a nice green color since the installation of the controller. Perhaps I’ve finally uncovered the actual ‘root cause’ for what I thought was weak or insufficient nutrients.
  • Watering schedule went from every other day with the knuckle test to ~3 days in between based upon actual soil moisture measurements coupled with observation of the onset of leaf wilt. So far, it appears my plants should be watered at a ~45-50% moisture level…please note, those are relative numbers from my system and may not translate to someone else’s setup.
  • I can monitor & change time / levels in the grow room from my phone or PC via Bluetooth minimizes opening the door & disrupting the environment.
May each find peace in each day…

Brother T

Basics:
  • 3 gal fiber pots

Environment:
  • LEDS: on 18 hrs, off 6 hrs, ~12-18” above plants (at max height-modification in progress) – intensity at 75% due to some light burn

Plants:
  • Height:
  • WW#1 – 12” (LST)
  • WW#2 – 18” (LST
  • Health:

Nutes:

Week 7: Big Grow (1 tsp/gal), Big Bloom (1.5 tsp/gal), Tiger Bloom (1 tsp/gal), 2X/week

Learnings:

• The new automation controller is in place which has minimized both the %RH variation and water consumption. The humidifier was originally on a timer and was using 1 gal/day. With the automatic control, the humidifier now uses ~1 pint/day. It is very possible that the excess humidity was inhibiting water and nutrient uptake from the soil
    WW1Auto6-1.jpg
    control box.jpg
    pc bluetooth.jpg
    cell bluetooth.png
    which may explain the yellow leaf margins. New growth has increased and is maintaining a nice green color since the installation of the controller. Perhaps I’ve finally uncovered the actual ‘root cause’ for what I thought was weak or insufficient nutrients.
  • Watering schedule went from every other day with the knuckle test to ~3 days in between based upon actual soil moisture measurements coupled with observation of the onset of leaf wilt. So far, it appears my plants should be watered at a ~45-50% moisture level…please note, those are relative numbers from my system and may not translate to someone else’s setup.
  • I can monitor & change time / levels in the grow room from my phone or PC via Bluetooth minimizes opening the door & disrupting the environment.

Brother T
Your running autos?
Change your timer to 20/4.
Better growth that way.
Excess humidity can cause issues.
But a day or two won't cause the problems your dealing with.
I still think your overwatering.
Are you following the instructions in the above post?

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Basics:
  • 3 gal fiber pots

Environment:

Plants:
  • Height:
  • WW#1 – 12” (LST)
  • WW#2 – 18” (LST
  • Health:

Nutes:

Learnings:

WW1Auto6-1.jpg
    control box.jpg
    pc bluetooth.jpg
    cell bluetooth.png

Brother T
I meant to say this is an excellent post.
Informative and well put together. :welldone:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Back
Top Bottom