CBD White Widow AF Grow

End of week 8 (56 days): CBD WHITE WIDOW AUTO – 2 plants - Bill was right, way too much water..

Environment:
  • LEDS: 18 / 6, ~12-18” above plants – intensity at 75% due to some light burn
  • RH: 42-46%, humidistat set at 45% which was reduced from 50% from last week
  • Temp: average 77F (about 2 degrees above room temp) with new fans (see below)
Plants:
  • Height:
    • WW#1 – 12” (same as previous week)
    • WW#2 – 19” (+1” from last week)
  • Health:
    • WW#1 – moderate-severe yellowing of leaves which may be due to approaching harvest. Bud on main cola is ~6-1/4” long, 1-1/4” diameter. ~ ¼’ of the pistols turning reddish brown.
    • WW#2 – Did more LST. Internodes are 2-3x longer than WW#1.
Nutes:
  • Big Grow, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, ~4 -5 days between watering / nutes.
  • Switching WW#1 to clear water flush next watering
Learnings:
  • Tracking measured soil moisture versus weight and wilt. Wilt corresponds to a much lighter than thought container weight and flat line moisture readings. Finally getting a grasp on the difference between still wet and dried out. Rookie mistake…overwatering (thank you Bill!).
  • High humidity was also contributor to the poor nutrient update. Aside from daily refilling of the 1 gal humidifier, the presence of fungus gnats should have been a 2x4 across the back of the head. The humidifier now uses < ½ gal every 5-6 days…gnats are history.
  • Patting myself on the back for purchasing adjustable LEDs. Modification of the closet to accommodate taller plants will require removing a nailed in shelf which will need to wait until this grow is complete. Kicking myself for not allowing for light to plant distance during the design of space.
  • Beginning to understand how diverse genetics can be even within a given seed line. WW#1 is short, bushy and well advanced at 56 days and may be ready for harvest towards the shorter end of the seed to harvest 70-98 day estimate for the strain. WW#2, internodes are 2-3X longer than those of WW#1 with small, just developing buds & will probably go the distance time wise.
Improvements:
  • Replaced the table top fan that took up ~20% of the floor space with a pair of 29 CFM, ultra quiet muffin fans built into the intake vent. Reduced the speed of the exhaust fan to complement the intake unit. Win-Win:
    • The table unit was basically a noisy, inefficient, recirculation fan. The vent units are intake fans which increase the house air & perhaps CO2.
    • The muffin fans are much quieter and energy friendly..2.4W versus 72W
    • The exhaust fan speed was decrease as the unit no longer needs to generate negative pressure in the closet to pull fresh air in through leaks (like breathing through a straw). Result: less noise & electricity plus better air exchange
    • Closet temp dropped by an average of 3 degrees which is a good indicator that the fans are pulling in cooler room air rather than re-circulated closet air warmed by the lights.
Future Improvements:
  • An additional light will be added as bushy plants with LST make for tight quarters with 3 plants under only two lights. Reclaimed floor space will allow the plants to be spread out.

Learning as I grow…thank you all for the advice and help along the way. May you find peace in each day…
ww1_56days.jpg

Brother T

Day 67: CBD WHITE WIDOW AUTO – 1 plant harvested, 1 still growing – getting there Bill!

Environment:
  • LEDS: 18 / 6, ~12-18” above plants – intensity up to 100% on WW#2 as at harvest…so what if some light burn. WW#1 up to 90% as we’re getting there.
  • RH: 50+% even with humidistat set at 42% due to 85+% outdoor humidity
  • Temp: average 82F due to almost triple digit outside temps & wall to wall sun!
Plants:
  • Height:
    • WW#1 – 12” (last height measurement - no growth)
  • Health:
    • WW#1 – Harvested & drying as trichomes >75% cloudy, sugar leaves rapidly yellowing. Sigh, forgot how much I like the smell of weed. Wore gloves, drug test tomorrow for new job so hoping for a negative as I haven’t partaken.
    • WW#2 – buds elongating
Nutes:
  • WW#2 - Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, ~4 days between watering / nutes.
  • WW#1 - clear water only
Learning:
  • Nutrients – some days I’m surprised that I can tie my shoes:
    • Nutrients should be stored in the dark as sunlight (or artificial light) degrades the contents. I was storing the unused portion on the floor of the grow room which is not the best idea due to the intense lights. The nutrients will now get mixed as needed with any residual stored in a dark, cool cabinet.
    • Under feeding – depending if using 2 or 3 of the FF trio, mixing in separate containers provides only 1/2 to 1/3 the amount of nutrients compared to if all combined in a single gallon – all in one will be more nutes for same amount of water. Perhaps this explains why there have been significant nutrient deficiencies despite following the feeding schedule especially with previous issues of the excessive humidity and over watering.
    • Note to self: less than a year off the farm and I ignored the idea of foliar feedings which are helpful in the rapid correction of nutrient deficiencies. Next time I’ll be proactive…hopefully there isn’t a next time.

Lost 3 friends in as many weeks: one to a chronic illness, two from ‘old age’ which they really weren’t. Another on the bubble…Prayers up for each & their ‘families’...family, aka those whether by blood or by bond. As always, thank you all for the advice and help along the way. May you find peace, blessings, and happiness in each day. Life is short…enjoy the moment… and treasure those who make those moments memorable…

Brother T

Day 67: CBD WHITE WIDOW AUTO – 1 plant harvested, 1 still growing – getting there Bill!

Environment:
  • LEDS: 18 / 6, ~12-18” above plants – intensity up to 100% on WW#2 as at harvest…so what if some light burn. WW#1 up to 90% as we’re getting there.
  • RH: 50+% even with humidistat set at 42% due to 85+% outdoor humidity
  • Temp: average 82F due to almost triple digit outside temps & wall to wall sun!
Plants:
  • Height:
    • WW#1 – 12” (last height measurement - no growth)
  • Health:
    • WW#1 – Harvested & drying as trichomes >75% cloudy, sugar leaves rapidly yellowing. Sigh, forgot how much I like the smell of weed. Wore gloves, drug test tomorrow for new job so hoping for a negative as I haven’t partaken.
    • WW#2 – buds elongating
Nutes:
  • WW#2 - Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, ~4 days between watering / nutes.
  • WW#1 - clear water only
Learning:
  • Nutrients – some days I’m surprised that I can tie my shoes:
    • Nutrients should be stored in the dark as sunlight (or artificial light) degrades the contents. I was storing the unused portion on the floor of the grow room which is not the best idea due to the intense lights. The nutrients will now get mixed as needed with any residual stored in a dark, cool cabinet.
    • Under feeding – depending if using 2 or 3 of the FF trio, mixing in separate containers provides only 1/2 to 1/3 the amount of nutrients compared to if all combined in a single gallon – all in one will be more nutes for same amount of water. Perhaps this explains why there have been significant nutrient deficiencies despite following the feeding schedule especially with previous issues of the excessive humidity and over watering.
    • Note to self: less than a year off the farm and I ignored the idea of foliar feedings which are helpful in the rapid correction of nutrient deficiencies. Next time I’ll be proactive…hopefully there isn’t a next time.

Lost 3 friends in as many weeks: one to a chronic illness, two from ‘old age’ which they really weren’t. Another on the bubble…Prayers up for each & their ‘families’...family, aka those whether by blood or by bond. As always, thank you all for the advice and help along the way. May you find peace, blessings, and happiness in each day. Life is short…enjoy the moment… and treasure those who make those moments memorable…

Brother T
I'm so sorry to hear that my friend.
So true about life goes quick.
I hope you enjoyed them and remember them with a smile. :green_heart:
Hope you have a lovely.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

White widow 2....harvest dry weight 12.4g...low end but between estimated 12-14g for sq ft. Well, all gud despite mistakes...next time better..

Peace, happiness... All each day holds to all...thank you for walking with and guiding me...

Tally 1st plant...12.8g dry weight . Estimate based on 8" diameter for strain, 3gal pot...12-14 g so almost in the middle. 2nd White Widow & unknown harvested yesterday. She who cannot be named starting to die off so maybe tomorrow....

House smells like Snoop Dog lives here. All gud... burning incense. Getting ready to clean gro room, take a break before next gro.

Bought sum purple auto but understanding do best in cooler weather so maybe another cdb white widow auto, this time only 2 in 5 gal fabric. They should finish by Thanksgiving which should be cool enough for Gorilla & Grandad Purples to start & have great color...former gf loves purples so hope to do sum for her..

Thank you for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom