Wild1 Soil - Power Plant - NL Auto - Ak47 Auto - White Dwarf Auto - Critical Auto

wild1

Hi :Namaste:

So, this is my 1st grow indoors, have some little experience with one outdoor grow before. Power Plant is Sativa dominant, NL is Indica dominant, as are the rest of the auto's i have.

This were the only seeds i could get this time, next time i'm hoping for some other normal strains besides PP.

Im using soil as a medium. Will know more about it later on when i start. Nutrients im planning to use are Sensi Bloom A+B.
Im using (1) 250 HPS, its air cooled by DIY reflector, made by ideas i've seen here and on other sites, internet is a bless.
Temperatures unknown to me yet, still waiting on thermometer -__-
Pots will be 2gal for autos, and 4gal for PP. They have holes for drainage.
Cabinet is 5.7' 2.7' 2.7', i have one 110 CFM exhaust fan, and a passive hole with 5.9" diameter, and one(for now) 4.7" PC fan blowing inside the box, its blowing low, but its making some kind of "light wind" :D
I'll add carbon filter later on when i'm going to need to doit, its also going to be DIY by the bless of inet :)

Sorry, no pics yet, im going to have them once i germinate the little babies and put them up then.
I do have one, two or maybe three questions to ask.. later probably even more :ganjamon:

I've read that these auto babies should be put in soil, let them grow, and dont transplate them. Basicly, using same soil for her 2months or so period. My question is can i do it like that or?
I'm aware that for PP i will have to transplate her after she has grown 3-4 set of leaves?

See ya in a week or so :ciao:

Re: wild1 Soil/Power Plant/NL auto/Ak47 auto/White Dwarf auto/Critical auto

So, was i dumb or what thinking that within a week ill start :bravo:
But i'm a happy person at the moment :partyboy:

Temps in my cabinet are 67-84F, my rH is kinda low, moves around 25-30-35%, i tryed wet towel to add humidity, it helped a bit moving it up to 40-45% mark.

soil ph is 6.5, i forgot to check values, will have them later on..

they germinated in wet towel for almost 4 days, i transplanted them to the pots, and after a litlle less than 3 days, 1st one popped out, and the day after all of them popped up so here's the pics of practicaly day and 1/2 old seedlings.

Here is Auto Northern Lights.
auto2_northern_lights_day1.jpg

This is Auto AK47
auto_ak47_day1.jpg

Here's another Auto NL
auto_northern_lights_day1.jpg

White Dwarf
auto_wd_day1.jpg

AutoCritical. She's the 1st to popp out and i fell in love instantly :circle-of-love:
autocritic_day1.jpg

Power Plant
power_plant_day1.jpg

And here's another White Dwarf, but something aint right? Im missing a leaf here right?
whitedwarf_woot.jpg

oh and here's how the setup looks
setup51.jpg

Thats it for now, ill have to give one away because i wont have room in my cabinet once i transplate Power Plant to bigger pot.

Back with an update.

So, they are growing 1 week now under HPS, and they will be doing so till the end.
After 3 days, i noticed my night temperature can drop down to 55F. That is now fixed and i have them controled at 62F. My day temp is max 85F, and that temp is only present straight under HPS, around temps are 75-80F. I'm happy with humidity, its always around 40% mark, barerly it drops to 30%, and it goes more often to 50%, during night.

They are 10" from the light. It kinda feels i can lift the pots even more up when i hold my hand under hps and feel no discomfort.I did that, just to be frightened 20min later when i went to check temp and it showed almost 90F, yet when i put my hand at around 6-7" from the light i feel no discomfort, just a litlle warm sensation maybe. Am i being paranoid around that temperatures?

I water them every 2 days or so, depending on the soil when i check it with "finger in the soil" method. I mist them inbetwen watering days, when light goes off.

Here's a pic update.

AutoCritical. She is 1,8" tall
ac1.jpg

AutoAK47. She is 1,5" tall
ak52.jpg

Auto NL. Huh, only 1.1" tall. She is small from the very beggining.
nl2_off.jpg

Now, here is another Auto NL. She is like the opposite of that NL before. 2.3" tall.
nl36.jpg

Auto White Dwarf. 1,4" tall.
wd_off.jpg

Another Auto White Dwarf, the one that had a missing leaf. Dont know what to think about her
wd_cripl.jpg

Power Plant, still in small pot. That 1st seat of leafs was curled down from the very beggining, but its better now, i probably made the mistake and watered her a bit too much. She missed one watering session, didnt seem to mind it.
pp18.jpg

Two plants have 1 or 2 little yellow dots on leafes, that look like sun burns to me. I hope thats it, because after i stopped misting during day, no new yellow dots appeared. I figured i was dumb when i misted first two days when light was on :scratchinghead:

Realized i totally forgot to mention the light regime im using.
18/6 for now, planing to switch to 12/12 depending on Power Plant and her progress.
Food i will be using isn't going to be Sensi Bloom, they dont have it at the store and they will not have it in the near future, so i bought BioThrive Grow+Flower. When should i start using it? Week 2(in which i am now|logic says no! :D)? Week 3? I'm more likely to start using it next week, that is in week 3. I've read to start with 1/4 what the bottle says, and easy move up if necessary, sounds pretty logic to me. Only thing bugging me is what to use for auto's. Straight to flower nutrition or?
I again forgotted info for the soil. D'oh!
If my memory serves me right, NPK ratio is in favor of N, while P and K are somewat the same and lower than N. Thats it as far as i remember the info for soil :D going to have to buy some more this week, so i'll write it down for the next update.

:smokin:

ahh man, you should have done the auto's separate from the PP, then you coulda went like 18/6 or 20/4 straight on through the entire grow, so are you going to switch the light to 12/12 just for the PP and keep all the plants under it?

Also, yes you want to put the auto plants in 1 container throughout the whole grow, then you can replant the PP into a 5 gallon bucket. Were you planning on doing any LST? even though every website will tell you auto's won't get any more than 3 feet tall, theyre wrong, my tallest is 3'8" im only on week 6 of my auto's grow so lets hope the verticle growth stops, could just be the strain, im working with big bud feminized. In my opinion, if you're going to end up throwing 1 of the plants out, i'd take out the PP just simply because you can keep the light on the auto's more without changing it when you switch to 12/12 for the PP. Is there any way you could get the PP about 4-6 inches tall then take and replant into 5 gallon bucket and finish it outdoors?

Hi :ciao:

Right, i did put them in their final pots from the beginning, except PP.
Yea, i realized too late i probably overcalculated myself when putting these auto's and Power Plant together. I was planning on doing that, switching to 12/12 just for the Power Plant, and keep the auto's under that light too.
Now i'm having serious doubts, as i've read switching to 12/12 for auto's can diminish their yield.

Well my cabinet is 5.6' tall, i figured my plants can go up to 4-4.2', maybe a couple of inches higher even. At the moment i dont have the glass that goes into my hood, but when i get it, i hope my temps will drop down for a few F.

I was planning to LST and top Power Plant, but not the auto's as well. I'm afraid i can't put PP anywere outdoor's.
I'm guessing that my cabinet is too small to keep her in veg(considering she will probably double if not triple in size during flower) till the auto's finish.

So, its day 13 for them.
I don't know, to me they look like they slowed down a bit in growth, and after i watered them on tuesday night, when i definitely overwatered them like a newb, their leafs dropped down. I haven't watered them since, today i misted them and the soil, didnt over do it, just a little pinch of misting.

Still dont know what to do with Power Plant and how long to veg her, if is turns out its a female. White Dwarf with a missing leaf will find another place to relax, instead of my box.

Pics, they were taken 10min before lights off today.
Still curled down, hope they will be better in a few days :hmmmm:

ac2ndweek.JPG

pp2ndweek.JPG

wd2week.JPG

nl2ndweek.JPG

I'll fix my macro and color settings on camera for next time..

Week #3 Day 2

Its been 16 days since they sprouted.
Last week they looked like they stopped growing, especially next 5 days after i overwatered them. Last 3 days they seem better than what they looked like, still kinda dropy, i didnt notice any growth vertical, but they do have new leaf growth for sure. They are 16" from the lamp.
I watered them today, in the "morning". Any advice as to when is better to water them, in the "morning" or "evening" ?

I'm having some problems with humidity, tho i think its nothing serious as it drops to 35% max. I did however had problems with temperature straight under lamp, 87F. Wired and mounted some 120mm pc fan thats blowing under the lamp/hood, and now the temperature under lamp is 80-81F, and around that center is varies from 75-80F, rH 40% mostly. Night tempterature is 64-65F, rH at 55-60%.

So, pics with some text and im hoping i got right who is who :D

Auto AK47, side and top
DSC037812.JPG

DSC037842.JPG

Auto Critical, side and top
DSC037782.JPG

DSC037801.JPG

Auto NL, side, forgoted to take top picture
DSC037853.JPG

Auto White Dwarf, side and top
DSC03791.JPG

DSC037922.JPG

Another Auto NL i have, tho he is very very small considering another Auto NL i have. Something aint right with him also, his leaves are turning yellow, just the 1st two leafs, new growth, however small it is, looks good? I'll see in the next days whats up really, as i've googled what it could be and there are a few things. I'll try to eliminate them and see where's what's wrong..
nl2_deffic_w3.JPG

nl2_w3.JPG

Huh, now i noticed i didnt took a picture of Power Plant, ill put it up later..

Heres Auto NL from top
DSC038003.JPG

and Power Plant

DSC037971.JPG

DSC03798.JPG

Well, problem with yellowing leafs was due to my mistake of watering with tap water without checking water pH. I got that symptom on all of my plants now :(
I stunned their growth 100% with that. At least i'm convinced in that. When i watered with distilled water, they looked more happy again.

They are growing so slow that i'm thinking this will last forever..

Today i added four 27w CFL's 27'. Those cfl's are better for flowering as i'v read about it, f**k it.. i borrowed them and couldn't choose.. i guess they will do their purpose. And so, after watering them with distilled water again, and adding those cfl's, they perked up.

This is the problem

DSC038122.JPG

DSC03811.JPG

Those picture's are old couple of days, yellowing is worse now, and still it seems that only 1st true set of leafs is affected at the moment.

It's 4 1/2 weeks since i putted them in soil. Now my soil didnt had to be fertilized because it said it has all the stuff for a month. I'm thinking of starting to feed them. Didn't want to do it it when i stunned them in their 2nd and 3rd week. I have BioThrive Grow(4-3-3) and BioThrive Bloom(2-4-4). But they look so small to me.. What do you think? I would really appreaciate some advice :thanks:

This is the info i have about my soil.

pH is 6.10

% N - 1,20
% P - 0,21
% K - 0,59

I'm gonna write other elements i found on the bag too..

mg/kg

Cr - 3,21
Cd - 1,96
Hg - < 0,05
Pb - 9,50
Mn - 341
As < 1,00
Mo - 2,62
Ni - 15,25
Zn - 28,00

Tomorrow im going to the shop to buy pH meter, and check for some soils.
I opened topic about my problem Nutrient lockout?, got some advice to water them with adjusted pH water which i cant do at the moment until i get pH meter, so i'm doing distilled water, and got an advice to transplant these autos to another soil when they root more. Is my soil such crap or?

Didn't think growing my medicine would be to hard.. I guess everything is the 1st time..

I'll update fresh pictures tomorrow, can't seem to find my usb cabel :bravo:

Cheers :passitleft:

Weird, i got an email notification about reply, just to found that its not here :cheesygrinsmiley:

So, to quote what Deege420 wrote and i got in email, but don't see it here -.-

hey man from what it looks like to me( i could be wrong) is you might be watering a bit too much.... whatever soil you are using that has feed for a month would be released by your watering. if you over water you then over nute. the beginning pics looks overwatering then the follow ups look over nute. i would wait a 3 days till soil dries out and replace soil with Fox farm or something organic and start watering with either collected rain water or get some gallon jugs of distilled water

Hey man, For farm isn't available to me, i'm from Europe. I was looking for best soil i could find, the one i written specs seemed to me the best choice among the trash i can chose, and it said its organic also. Can't i just feed them with nutrients i have?

Sure, i will try to collect rain as much as humanly possible :high-five:

Sorry no pictures today, my usb cabel for camera is M.I.A. at the moment :hmmmm:
But they are looking nicer with those CFL's.

Update..

So, things aren't looking great. They all got sick yellow leafs, some have wilting and curling leafs upwards.
I'm sounding a bit repetitive to my self, saying i probably stunned these girls more than on one occasion. 1st with night temperatures, i fixed that withing 3 days when i started. 2nd is that last day of getting night temperatures fixed, and when the light turned on, heater sayed on also for next 6hours or so, making temperature go to 92F. Then the water thing, when i watered two or three times with tap water, and the next day, and day after that, i noticed no growth, everything seemed to stop for the next 4-5 days after watering. Then, i started with destillated water, and they looked better, more alive, and new growth was appearing. Hehe, then in 3rd week, yellowing started, along with curling and wilting. Yesterday and today I've fed them with nutes, 1/4 of dose, as i got an advice in the topic i opened. Guess i'll see the response soon?
Still no pH meter in my hands, i'll try and get it by the end of the week.
My temperatures and humidity are holding in good range, 70-80F, and rH 40-60%. I have one PC Fan inside also.

Here's the pictures, will update in a few days..

DSC038661.JPG

DSC038651.JPG

DSC038561.JPG

DSC038502.JPG

DSC038461.JPG

DSC038422.JPG

This one is the smallest, not even 1.5" tall.
DSC038431.JPG

Shit, i have a feeling autumn is in my box :helpsmilie:

When i say i'v feed them yesterday and today, i didn't mean it in a sense i did it twice, just that i did it in two days because two pot's weren't ready for watering just yet.

So, the autumn continues \o/

DSC03910.JPG

DSC039112.JPG

DSC039122.JPG

This is just one plant, other's are in autumn mode also. This one started to shown brown spots, if you can notice on the picture. What's that, nute burn? How do ya fix that? Flushing the soil?
My garden isn't doing well, and i'm out of ideas what to do. Especially since i don't have pH meter, nor pH strips to check pH. I've must have been in 4-5 drug stores, and garden center's, two of them, don't have any of that stuff either. I'm doomed i guess, while i order it from eBay, and who knows for how many weeks it will be delivered to me. Maybe i'll close this journal in a week or so, if things don't get better and garden goes to R.I.P mode..

Hey wild1 sorry to see your troubles.
Do you have access to distilled water?
If so get as much as you can.
Then let soil completly dry out.
Then flush!
When you flush lets just say that you are using 3 litre containers, water each container
with 4 litres of distilled water. Make sure your water is cool but not cold. Dont feed any more until you flush. If it were me I would let the soil completly dry out again and flush once more.
I would cut off any completly yellow leaves.
Then you can water with 1/4 strength fertilizer. If the bottle says 5ml per gallon then use 2ml per gallon.
Oh yeah if you cant get distilled water then tap water will do. Any flush is better than nothing.
I hope this gets you by until your ph meter gets there.

Hi. Thx for the reply.

They are dead. Their leaves got worse with yellowing and wilting, they were like 2.5" tall max and old 30 something days. Soil was bad also. Decided to cut the plug, and start fresh. I'v bought 250w MH lamp, and finally got a hold on pH meter. Its not digital, but its something, and atleast i have that information now. I'll probably open a new journal with the seeds i started fresh, just a tad bit later, when i get things up and running.

Well, i believe this journal can be closed as i'v failed with my 1st grow. :yikes:

Hey wild1 sorry to see your troubles.
Do you have access to distilled water?
If so get as much as you can.
Then let soil completly dry out.
Then flush!
When you flush lets just say that you are using 3 litre containers, water each container
with 4 litres of distilled water. Make sure your water is cool but not cold. Dont feed any more until you flush. If it were me I would let the soil completly dry out again and flush once more.
I would cut off any completly yellow leaves.
Then you can water with 1/4 strength fertilizer. If the bottle says 5ml per gallon then use 2ml per gallon.
Oh yeah if you cant get distilled water then tap water will do. Any flush is better than nothing.
I hope this gets you by until your ph meter gets there.

Thanks gittergreen I was too tired to think so early in the morning.
I figured out how to give rep so you got it!.......:welldone:.......

Hi. Thx for the reply.

They are dead. Their leaves got worse with yellowing and wilting, they were like 2.5" tall max and old 30 something days. Soil was bad also. Decided to cut the plug, and start fresh. I'v bought 250w MH lamp, and finally got a hold on pH meter. Its not digital, but its something, and atleast i have that information now. I'll probably open a new journal with the seeds i started fresh, just a tad bit later, when i get things up and running.

Well, i believe this journal can be closed as i'v failed with my 1st grow. :yikes:

Hello wild1 it's too bad your plants did not make it but I think it is better start over with new plants and soil anyway so no big loss. As long as you learned something this grow was not a failure. In fact I think it was just a test run!.......:grinjoint:.......Using a good soil is the key. Fox Farms Happy Frog is a real good one. I add 1/3 perlite so the water will drain and dry out better. Also the roots will be able to get more air which they need. I also add 2 cups of dolomite lime for every ten gallons of soil. The lime will stabilize the pH of the soil to 7 and it also is a good source of magnesium and calcium. If you use that and just give plain distilled or tap water that has set out for 24 hours and pH'd for the first two weeks your plants will have a good start. Be sure to let the soil dry out pretty good before you water them again. Good luck on your next grow. This is just the beginning of some pretty cool things!.....:smokin:......

Hi. Thx for the reply.

Sorry to hear that wild1. No worries though! I also killed my very first atempt at growing. Its just part of the learning curve I guess.
Goshawk gave some sound advice to you about letting your water sit out over night thats what killed my seedlings in my first attempt.
Thanks for the points Hawk.:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom