Will this 260W rspec be enough watts for my 4x4 grow tent?

Thickroots777

420 Member
hey guys im planning to upgrade my viparspectra blurple to a quantum board, so excited to have a qb in my grow tent soon. but i wanted to make sure this qb is enough wattage in my 4x4? 260w RSPEC DEEP-RED Niemi LED Grow Light

thank you! can't wait to start up my grow journal with a proper light soon :)

No

You would need two of those setups, kinda

It's only 23" long so will have some pretty big dead area at the ends of it, but it would work good for sure

I use one setup in my 2x4 tent, works fantastic

Oh wow so it's not enough watts.. hmm, i could get 2 since they are dimmable but i wonder about the heat output of 2 in my tent? I have the viparspectra 900w right now

Hi Thickroots777 ...For a (4x4) 16 sqft room you will want at least at true1600w or more LED to give at least 100w per plant minimum if your growing 20 plants at a time in there lol... If not 20 plants then at least 1000w LED to give you plenty of light on your girls... :) Cheers

Hi Thickroots777 ...For a (4x4) 16 sqft room you will want at least at true1600w or more LED to give at least 100w per plant minimum if your growing 20 plants at a time in there lol... If not 20 plants then at least 1000w LED to give you plenty of light on your girls... :) Cheers

Wow I thought LED was 30w/sqft that is much more wattage then i thought, I am running 5 plants in my 4x4

I would say your Viparspectra would be better being 418 watts from the wall vs 260 watts...
Why not combine them?

Hmm good idea, I guess the blurple spectrum won't hurt along side the qb

You are correct LED is 30w per sq ft...The reason for the over kill in watts at least for me is, you can never really trust the brands and makers of LED lights and their specs of their lights, remember they are trying to sell them to you right... So these days I still stick with the older method of 100w per sq ft no matter what kinda light I'm using cause then If I had a not so great LED or other light, I still have the right amount of light per plant or lil extra just like the sun lol... call it my safe guard for lighting...when growing indoors...
1566759446830.gif

100 watts per square foot is way overkill. That would be saying SIX 1000 watt HPS fixtures wouldn't be enough light in a 8x8 tent.
I understand you are trying to compensate for some of the less honest LED fixture manufacturers but to say "100w per sq ft no matter what kinda light I'm using" wouldn't be good practice. It's best to figure out exactly how many watts your fixture is pulling from the wall. Usually that can be found with a quick google search. Don't just throw them all in the same bag and consider your benchmark 100 watts per square foot. Sorry. I didn't mean to be a shit head. I just didn't want to see you spend a ton on lights when it may not be necessary guys...
Cheers.

No worries Greenlizard .... The true reason for my over kill is its the only full spectrum LED light I have at the moment to grow with, Its 1500w I didn't want to have to upgrade down the road if I wanted a bigger grow when and if laws permits us to...lol... Also I have learned some sites say 25w in veg... 30w in bloom, some say 50w some even say 80w is optimal with LED lights so that's why I stuck with 100w a sqft. but I guess as every thing has a learning curve guess i could have just ravaged google for a bit till I found the correct watts needed for my grow space, but if my grow space size changes which it does from time to time, I needed a light that was strong enough to supply enough light to the grow space size I was using.. right now its small space like our friend here 4x4, in the future it could be a larger grow space I'm using.... So in the end I just wanted to set Thickroots777 up with a bigger light so he doesn't have to upgrade for awhile if his grow space size changes in the end saving him money, plus you can never go wrong with 100w per plant... Lmao its pot growing... not rocket science but its getting there! :)

100 watts per square foot is way overkill. That would be saying SIX 1000 watt HPS fixtures wouldn't be enough light in a 8x8 tent.
I understand you are trying to compensate for some of the less honest LED fixture manufacturers but to say "100w per sq ft no matter what kinda light I'm using" wouldn't be good practice. It's best to figure out exactly how many watts your fixture is pulling from the wall. Usually that can be found with a quick google search. Don't just throw them all in the same bag and consider your benchmark 100 watts per square foot. Sorry. I didn't mean to be a shit head. I just didn't want to see you spend a ton on lights when it may not be necessary guys...
Cheers.
50 watts i've heard per square foot,,my 400 hps covering 3' x 3 feet,would be 44.4 watts per square foot.

Hi even with the high end lights, you will need at least over 400w to be enough in your 4x4 space. 260w is only enough for around 8~9sft space if it is also lighting group design lights. :green_heart: Here I recommend you two kind of lights:
Mars Hydro TS 3000 435w for 4x4 flowering space ;
Two SP 250 460w; for 4x4 space , flowering

As others have mentioned, you need more watts per square foot. 260w is just not enough for a 4 x 4. With the forum discount, the light is $540.

If you want the LED boards consider giving us a shot. Our 480w kit is perfect for a 4 x 4 and has shown excellent results. We also use top bin diodes from Samsung and Osram. All lighting is shown in actual wattage. 3 year warranty.

IMG_20191119_115224_467.jpg

IMG_20191114_095651_243.jpg

IMG_20191112_110922_347.jpg

Hi even with the high end lights, you will need at least over 400w to be enough in your 4x4 space. 260w is only enough for around 8~9sft space if it is also lighting group design lights. :green_heart: Here I recommend you two kind of lights:
Mars Hydro TS 3000 435w for 4x4 flowering space ;
Two SP 250 460w; for 4x4 space , flowering

Loving what the TS 3000 is doing for my 4X4 grow.... I wish I had got two Sp 250's but those are no longer available... Now I'd have to buy SP 3000's that are 300 watt draws... 600 Watts from these lights would be perfect. Love to be sponsored for a SP 3000 Grow in my 4x4 tent.. I'm building a platform on my web site as well.

Back
Top Bottom