Wilting DWC hydro lady

winterwhisper

About three days ago my beautiful bushy gal all of a suddent went into a full instant nose dive in a major wilt.
I cheked her numbers and had nuts about 738 abnd ph 4.46. I didn't mean to have it so low....add some baking sode to bribng her into range and waited a day to see if she'sd perk up. She didn't so today I change her water and gave her fresh and range us 359 nuts and 5.81 ph. Will she recover or can she recover from this drastic wilt??? I can't explain at all why such a severe die off...but the good thing was there was no leaf discoloration...just downed leaves. HELP !!!!

wilting_cannabis.JPG

How did the roots look?
I've never used baking soda to adjust PH. It sounds like it would be awful. It is full of sodium and salt kills plants. If you've been using BS all along to adjust PH, I'd guess it is what's killing her.

What Major PITA said...

"Baking Soda" = Sodium Bicarbonate! Pure trash for hydro ... She's in flower, you can't reverse that kind of damage.

No actually I've used baking soda less than 10 times in my 3 grows. I only used it once recently because I thought that excessively low ph was what was killing her. Roots look fine..smell fine.

How did the roots look?
I've never used baking soda to adjust PH. It sounds like it would be awful. It is full of sodium and salt kills plants. If you've been using BS all along to adjust PH, I'd guess it is what's killing her.

A PH that low definitely caused a lot of stress & locked out nutrients. The thing about the baking soda is, like Major said, it has a lot of salt in it from the sodium. So, even if it corrected the PH, there could be a nutrient-deficiency/lockout due to the salt build-up. This would explain the wilt, burns, & curling leaves near the top. Like Putin said, a stressed flower that late in the cycle would be lucky to fully recover. That's not saying it's impossible, but it's less likely. If I were you, I'd give her an emergency flush. Then, I'd follow up the next day to see the effects to see if she needs a healthy dose of feeding by checking the color of the new growth on top. If disease is the reason then you've got no chance for recovery, & should *thoroughly* clean your room well 2 or 3 times before trying again. Hope this helps. Best of luck!
:thumb:

The ph must have been what did it...before the BS. A hard taught lesson to check ph everyday! But I will experiment and harvest her anyway and see what she can yield since she was so close to amber.

A PH that low definitely caused a lot of stress & locked out nutrients. The thing about the baking soda is, like Major said, it has a lot of salt in it from the sodium. So, even if it corrected the PH, there could be a nutrient-deficiency/lockout due to the salt build-up. This would explain the wilt, burns, & curling leaves near the top. Like Putin said, a stressed flower that late in the cycle would be lucky to fully recover. That's not saying it's impossible, but it's less likely. If I were you, I'd give her an emergency flush. Then, I'd follow up the next day to see the effects to see if she needs a healthy dose of feeding by checking the color of the new growth on top. If disease is the reason then you've got no chance for recovery, & should *thoroughly* clean your room well 2 or 3 times before trying again. Hope this helps. Best of luck!
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom