Wiring help DIY

Bush Doctor 77

I just purchased 2 HLG 100w Sabre light bar kits to run on either side of my 500w Red Spec board to aid in veg. $119 for the Sabre and $45 each for drivers, and I'll save about $100 per Sabre. Anyone have a Sabre? I need to know what wires on the sabre connect to what wires on the driver. I will run a 100k pot for adjustment. HLG-100H-36B driver.

Your driver should have 2 wires on one side and 3 on the other. The 3 are the AC in and the 2 the DC out. Your light bars should have 2 wires. 2 + 2 equals your connection lol.

Your driver should have 2 wires on one side and 3 on the other. The 3 are the AC in and the 2 the DC out. Your light bars should have 2 wires. 2 + 2 equals your connection lol.
[/QUOT

Power in is no problem, but 4 wires out and adding a pot are.

Sorry I misread your post. As far as I know if you have dimming wires, both are wired to your pot. Blue should be your positive side and white your negative side for your pot.

I had no idea they existed until this post lol. Looked into them. They do look great. For me I'd have to have them in 2' lengths though.
I have a 2x4. The coverage with 2 would be great. It also seems like a good option if you are upgrading lighting in a larger tent. You could replace half the lighting at a time if you don't have all the funds to do it all at once.

Aren't the meanwell drivers standard for their color coding on the leads?
It could be the same as the color coding on the quantum boards.
If nothing else shoot HLG an email.

I'm planning on upgrade to a 4x4 soon. These may have to be added also. The red diodes interest me the most on these.
5 of those in a 4x4 would be amazing end to end coverage.

Aren't the meanwell drivers standard for their color coding on the leads?
It could be the same as the color coding on the quantum boards.
If nothing else shoot HLG an email.
I am hoping so. I've got a MW with a pot on my 500W Budget Red Spec.

You should be able to search online for the wiring diagram for the model driver. Most led drivers i see inside enclosed light fixtures have grey and purple dimming wires. MW are different but show right on the driver. If it came with paperwork, best bet is to check that. White/black is always 120/240.

I'd assume its pretty easy

What does it have for connecting it

Pics pics pics pics
I've got everything but the lights, and they should be here Monday. I will post pix then. I emailed HLG for info, but they weren't helpful. They use another driver on the light when sold complete.

I've got everything but the lights, and they should be here Monday. I will post pix then. I emailed HLG for info, but they weren't helpful. They use another driver on the light when sold complete.

Send us pics when it lands...should be easy enough

I've done 5 diy qb lights

Setting this up makes falling off a log look hard. The AC in side of driver labeled ACL, ACN, and ground. Power out is black and red, and in side of LED is on a 6 foot covered lead, red and black and labeled + and -. No place to mount driver on LED, and I am using two drivers that I will mount on the wall. The 6 foot power lead on the light has a quick disconnect plug @ about the 5' mark.
DSC02022.JPG
DSC02014.JPG
DSC02024.JPG

Back
Top Bottom