Worried about seedling

FogLogger

Hey guys,

So I have to tell you first of all I am Extremely new to this, and this is probably going to sound stupid but I have this seedling, two weeks old now (Malana bomb auto). I am worried because I put the seed straight to soil within my homemade tent/greenhouse. She seems to have had 0 growth in the past week. She still only has the first two leaves that come out of the seed and there isn't any sign of more on the way.

I fear that I may have burned her with too much heat or I may possibly be using the wrong growing medium. Or I just really don't know what I am doing, which is most likely the problem. :) But I am willing to learn if any of you guys could offer me a little advise it would go a long way.

I'll attach a couple pics, let me know that you think.

kBVDiDY.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply Pat999. yeah now that you mention it, it does look like there could have been two little leaves that have been burned. Nice observation skills :). The light that I am using is a 200 watt CFL, I'm currently waiting on some 600w led's to be delivered from the states.

So you think I should lower my Light, Its like 1.5 ft from the plants tip. Is that too far away?
as I said I'm an overly eager newb that hasn't done much research before hand. :)

Yeah buddy too far away, I did my grow with small CFl's and had it stuck to the plant almost. With CFL's you have to keep it as close as possible, a great way to see if the plant is getting too hot is by putting your hand above the plant and below the light, if your hand burns so will the plant, nice height to start at could be between 8-10in and see what it does. I am curious as to what could have caused the burn since the bulb is so far away from the seedling, also make sure to let the soil dry in between watering since too much also harms the plant. Which LED panels are you going to order? And no problem we all help each other out on here as much as possible, for the love of grass man :high-five: Keep it airie

Thanks for the advise man, I'll lower the light and keep you updated here :)
I have no idea of the model but the lights I ordered are ( 600W Full Spectrum LED Grow Light Red/Blue/White/UV/IR AC85~265V ), there probably not the best out there but one step at a time ;).

Back
Top Bottom