Wyze camera

cjsbabygirl313

I know I’ve seen that some folks use the Wyze camera to get a nice time-lapse of their girls growing and am considering getting one.

However, I know NOTHING about time lapse photography and would have no idea how to mount it in my grow tent.

If anyone has suggestions or advice, I would greatly appreciate it (pros, cons, etc)

I know I’ve seen that some folks use the Wyze camera to get a nice time-lapse of their girls growing and am considering getting one.

However, I know NOTHING about time lapse photography and would have no idea how to mount it in my grow tent.

If anyone has suggestions or advice, I would greatly appreciate it (pros, cons, etc)
Hey Cjsbabygirl!

As I think you know, I'm one of those folks :cheesygrinsmiley: :cool:

And will happily answer your questions.

There are a few ways to achieve the time lapse. The simplest way is to use a memory card in the camera, and go into the time lapse settings, and play around until you find what photo intervals you want.

I, being me, do it slightly differently. I open the wyze app, then click take picture and it saves the photo to my phone. I try and do it once a day. After a while, you can use a gif maker app to compile the photos into a time lapse gif.

If you get a camera, make sure you go into the night vision settings and turn off the Infrared light.

Hey Cjsbabygirl!

As I think you know, I'm one of those folks :cheesygrinsmiley: :cool:

And will happily answer your questions.

There are a few ways to achieve the time lapse. The simplest way is to use a memory card in the camera, and go into the time lapse settings, and play around until you find what photo intervals you want.

I, being me, do it slightly differently. I open the wyze app, then click take picture and it saves the photo to my phone. I try and do it once a day. After a while, you can use a gif maker app to compile the photos into a time lapse gif.

If you get a camera, make sure you go into the night vision settings and turn off the Infrared light.
Yup @Rexer - you’re one of the ones! Any particular model you suggest? Or how to mount it to those blasted tent poles?

Yup @Rexer - you’re one of the ones! Any particular model you suggest? Or how to mount it to those blasted tent poles?
I'll try to remember to snap a photo when I go out tonight to check on them showing how I mounted mine.
I basically use zip ties and some caulking to secure it to the pole.

Each camera has its ups and downs.

You can have a pan cam that is able to pan, tilt and zoom. Great for monitoring the grow space, not the best for time lapses. Somewhat bulkier as well. Makes amazing outdoor cameras.

Then there's the cheap ones (mine are V2s) that has a static mount and position (I have these in my tent). These are better for time lapses. Go with the V3, from what I've read you'll have better pictures.

I'll try to remember to snap a photo when I go out tonight to check on them showing how I mounted mine.
I basically use zip ties and some caulking to secure it to the pole.

Each camera has its ups and downs.

You can have a pan cam that is able to pan, tilt and zoom. Great for monitoring the grow space, not the best for time lapses. Somewhat bulkier as well. Makes amazing outdoor cameras.

Then there's the cheap ones (mine are V2s) that has a static mount and position (I have these in my tent). These are better for time lapses. Go with the V3, from what I've read you'll have better pictures.
Thank you you kind sir!

Tx @Rexer ! I did go ahead and order the Wyze 3 … if I can ever get some seedlings to sprout, I think I’m going to have some fun with the time lapse photography!

@Rexer - question, why would ai want to turn off the IR? If I’m doing time lapse, I would like to see whats going on at night tok (especially when she starts to take off.

The v3 has an “auto” for IR - meaning it turns on when its dark and then goes back off when the lights come on. Would it be ok to use that setting?

@Rexer - question, why would ai want to turn off the IR? If I’m doing time lapse, I would like to see whats going on at night tok (especially when she starts to take off.

The v3 has an “auto” for IR - meaning it turns on when its dark and then goes back off when the lights come on. Would it be ok to use that setting?
Nope- you want to shut that down.

I learned that the hard way, the IR effects the plants. It even partially cooked the leaves on the plant that was close to it.

If you had photo periods it'd be double as bad. But even with Autos, they don't seem to like it from what I experienced. You can try, there's nothing stopping you, but just keep that in mind if you see something amiss.

oh and my cameras have the same auto function. I have the IR, and even the camera status light turned off.

I learned that the hard way, the IR effects the plants. It even partially cooked the leaves on the plant that was close to it.

If you had photo periods it'd be double as bad. But even with Autos, they don't seem to like it from what I experienced. You can try, there's nothing stopping you, but just keep that in mind if you see something amiss.

oh and my cameras have the same auto function. I have the IR, and even the camera status light turned off.
I wouldn't have thought IR would affect them! So weird that such a teeny little IR light could do that … but good to know! Thanks for the warning!

Thanks @Rexer for the heads up. I had the ir off on the flower tent, but it was still on in the veg tent. It is off now.

The new v3 cameras are so extremely light sensitive, you may not even need the IR light to be able to see the plants at night. From what I understand, the photo chip in those cameras is so hot that the airline industry is using them to examine metal stress, which happens on the microscopic level. If you do need the IR to see in the dark some day, turn it on for that use and then turn it off again when you are done.

Cool info Em! Thank you!

If anyone has one of these types of cameras, check on the ‘Zon for “Grow Tent Shelf” - no more having to rig crazy contraptions to mount your cam in the tent!

Its a small square (~3” x 3”) platform that clips directly onto the tent pole

OMG - PERFECT FIT! No slipping, sliding or moving!!!

4CB80D7D-78B4-4A85-8211-C3DA1C0680E0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom