Yet another noob in the ranks

poconogro12

:Namaste:
Wanted to say hi to you all. Have been lurking here for a while. Obtaining very useful information at times from the forum. This is a well run site with lots of class.( from an observers point of view) And because of the qualities I have seen here, I have decided to join all of you. Growing for one year now,,,several half attempts at growing in the past. Just never had the time, place and capital to realize what has been my ambition for so long. I am finally in a position to do this right and the past year has been interesting to say the least.

The biggest thing I have learned this past year...before you attempt to grow you must have an area with stable growing temps to utilize as your growing area. I cant be the only person ever to not really take this into serious consideration. I`m no dummy mind you, but I have found out that 1000 wtts HPS will throw off a tremendous amt of heat and if you`re growing in a confined area merely adding an air cooled light system will not be sufficient to maintain acceptable growing temps. On the flip side , i believe it is easier to heat a room than cool it down. Make a long story short, a friend of mine who helped me get up and running said back at the end of winter I was going to experience problems in my grow area unless I added air-conditioning. He is an experienced grower and he was spot on. lol Problem solved before any real catastrophe had occurred.

Anyway, I have a nice veg area that will allow me to work with up to 20 plants. Using a 400 wtt MH bulb/quantum ballast on a 6 foot light mover track, and my flowering area is approx 25 sq ft and I work with not more than 13 -15 plants under 1000 wtts HPS / quantum ballast. Using an air scrubbing charcoal filter system in my area with a 6 inch inline exhaust fan rolling at 400 plus, and an additional 6 inch inline fan cooling my reflector housing. Both ducts meet at a y port prior to discharge. Absolutely no detectable odors at discharge vent. I`m all electric anyway and pay on a budget, but my electric bill only increased by 50 dollars per month. I have often pondered how much of an increase would potentially lead to detection as I would love to add one more 1000 wtt system.
Well there`s really not much more to say other than I grow for non-medical use for myself and my family and friends. Presently working with White Widows and have a round to harvest in 2-3 weeks. you can see them in my photo gallery if interested. Next up, Holy Grail Kush, Big Buddha Bubble Cheese, and Blue Dream.
Wish me luck! and thanks for reading if you have.
Hope to have the opportunity to get to know some of this community!
Be good.

Welcome to 420 magazine!! seems like you have definitely done your reading, I would love to see your grow in action. You should check out posting a grow journal here, its a great way to share your experience, document your grow, and learn and interact with others :) glad to have you here!!!

Back
Top Bottom