Yet Another Noob Checking In

So here's one of my basic questions.
I couldn't find an exhaust fan thread to post it in.
On these high-end inline fans with a Temp/Humidity controller, how does this controller prioritize those two sensors to activate the fan?
Such as, a high temp in the room will obviously run the fan as needed to bring the temp down. Hopefully the fan is variable speed and will ramp up the speed slowly to maintain the set temp.

But what about when spring comes and the incoming air is high humidity? What does the fan do then?
I have a home dehumidifier and humidifier, but I'd rather not have them permanently in the grow room, but I probably will!;)

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Nortonnabis

Tell us more about your grow area, is it a tent, room, bathroom or DIY room?

I can tell from your introduction that you have been around the site for a while checking things out.

Do you have a list of things you have and have ordered?

When your ready you can start a grow journal here.

How to Make a Grow Journal

And as you may already know; after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff form our Sponsors | 420 MAGAZINE ®

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Aloha and glad to see another green thumb! Why no you tell us about your room plans with your 350w light? Share your room/ambient temps and humidity, as much detail before you pop seeds, and we going try to help you dial in as best we can :shaka:
Aloha and Howzit!
My wife is a Maui Girl! Now living with me in the frozen tundra of the midwest.:(
I don't know why you would ever grow indoors where you are.
I remember going to a restroom in the Home Depot in Maui and a graffiti said, "We got what you need for you down in garden."

My room is a 'back bedroom closet' with no direct heat but it has louvered doors and that's where the 'legal padlock' will go!
I'll be only using a 4' x 7' partitioned off part of the room. No tent. Maybe reflective foam added to help with the inadequate insulation that 'This Old House' has.
It is a very cool room this time of year... I'll be exhausting the air through a 6" inline fan and vent in the wall.
It will need a small space heater for nights, I'm sure, until AC season gets here.

Aloha and Howzit!
My wife is a Maui Girl! Now living with me in the frozen tundra of the midwest.:(
I don't know why you would ever grow indoors where you are.
I remember going to a restroom in the Home Depot in Maui and a graffiti said, "We got what you need for you down in garden."

My room room is a 'back bedroom closet' with no direct heat but it has louvered doors and that's where the 'legal padlock' will go!
I'll be only using a 6' x 7' partitioned off part of the room. No tent. Maybe reflective foam added to help with the inadequate insulation that 'This Old House' has.
It is a very cool room this time of year... I'll be exhausting the air through a 6" inline fan and vent in the wall.
It will need a small space heater for nights, I'm sure, until AC season gets here.
Right on my braddah, I from Maui too... they no call um Maui Wowwie for nothing haha! Lived in the Midwest too! I grow in one tent cuz I no live on Maui anymore. I love meeting locals here, haha! You ever thought about utilizing the night for lights on for keep temps up? I know stay small kine tricky cuz the light during the daytime...

Hello,
I'm spending way too much time on this forum researching my grow room needs.
Just got my Med and Home Grow tickets!
Need to get my post count up so I can ask direct questions to my favorite members!
I have my 350 W LED light coming from a sponsor here,,, and that's about it...
Woohoo, Welcome to 420magazine my friend @Nortonnabis
If there is anything you or any questions fire away.
We all will be happy to help you get set up. :thumb:
Any preference to grow in?

Stay safe
Bill

We all will be happy to help you get set up. :thumb:
Any preference to grow in?
My light just arrived! 350W, sponsor bought. Soon to be set up!

I'm thinking 4 or 5 gal fabric pots. Store bought soil, adjusted if I must...;)
How many plants? The light is: 3.5x3.5 ft. commercial - 4x4 ft 'everyone else'...

And I'm still baffled about getting seeds purchased. Just lay down your CC and wait for all the stealth to take place?.
Is paypal the way to do this?
Any US based sponsor recommendations?
Some of the sites are just weird... I need to get after this soon!:oops:

I'm going to use that silver bubble wrap material on the walls for insulation and reflection.
And probably 1/2" foil on one side rigid insulation for the floor, which concrete, at least under the plants.

I'm considering also hanging a 48" 6-bulb T5HO 250W next to the LED and use it angled to supplement..
Has this combo lighting been done?
I actually have two T5HO. Could I use all three lights and have an 850W grow room?
They produced lots of garden vegi starts over the years! I need to get those started also!

This site is awesome!
There's just so much great info that is spread out, and different opinions.
Are there any good 'Get Started' guides or threads you can recommend?

Thanks for all the help!

My light just arrived! 350W, sponsor bought. Soon to be set up!

I'm thinking 4 or 5 gal fabric pots. Store bought soil, adjusted if I must...;)
How many plants? The light is: 3.5x3.5 ft. commercial - 4x4 ft 'everyone else'...

And I'm still baffled about getting seeds purchased. Just lay down your CC and wait for all the stealth to take place?.
Is paypal the way to do this?
Any US based sponsor recommendations?
Some of the sites are just weird... I need to get after this soon!:oops:

I'm going to use that silver bubble wrap material on the walls for insulation and reflection.
And probably 1/2" foil on one side rigid insulation for the floor, which concrete, at least under the plants.

I'm considering also hanging a 48" 6-bulb T5HO 250W next to the LED and use it angled to supplement..
Has this combo lighting been done?
I actually have two T5HO. Could I use all three lights and have an 850W grow room?
They produced lots of garden vegi starts over the years! I need to get those started also!

This site is awesome!
There's just so much great info that is spread out, and different opinions.
Are there any good 'Get Started' guides or threads you can recommend?

Thanks for all the help!
2 places I can recommend right now will get you your seeds with descret packaging.
Good service, fast.
@Weed Seeds Express has great genetics.
@Herbies Seeds very fast.
And @CoffeeShopSeeds they are new but very nice people.
As far as basic growing journals are your best bet.
Search 4x4 tent if that's what your using.
Check this thread also.
My fire, read it before you build anything.

Stay safe
Bill

2 places I can recommend right now will get you your seeds with descret packaging.
Good service, fast.
Check this thread also.

Stay safe
Bill
@CoffeeShopSeeds is holding a sponsor giveaway thread, try check um out if you interested.

I have a few of those fans.
Work fine with led lights in my tests.
The probes are not spot on but do a good job.
You can set r/h and temp on most.
Mine is setup to slowest setting and ramps up to 40% when i hit my markers.
Not so much noise that way.
I also would reco @Weed Seeds Express and @CoffeeShopSeeds
My current grow is all WSE beans.
And i think i have swapped and changed
So many times to dial things in for me.
Wish i started small and grew into it (pun)
Noise heat smell all forced me to change things over time.
Welcome to the mad house my friend happy growing. ;)

I have a few of those fans.
Work fine with led lights in my tests.
The probes are not spot on but do a good job.
You can set r/h and temp on most.
Mine is setup to slowest setting and ramps up to 40% when i hit my markers.
Not so much noise that way.
I also would reco @Weed Seeds Express and @CoffeeShopSeeds
My current grow is all WSE beans.
And i think i have swapped and changed
So many times to dial things in for me.
Wish i started small and grew into it (pun)
Noise heat smell all forced me to change things over time.
Welcome to the mad house my friend happy growing. ;)
Thanks for the recommendation! :thumb:

Good service, fast.
Check this thread also.

Stay safe
Bill
We appreciate the recommendation!:green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom