Yields

patmrtnscks

I was told that growing with organic soils and fertilizers can yield just as much per plant as hydroponics. Is there any truth to this?

Im curious too, I doubt it though, you would have to have your soil, and nutes dialed in perfect to keep a constant grow, as hydro is quick. But I think the true reason people grow organic over hydro is taste, smell, health, and simplistic, ????

Well, it doesnt look like Im gonna be yielding shit. She looks like she is on the way out. Idk what happened? At 2:30 this afternoon she looked fine, and at 8pm, she was wilted and drooping, and hasnt gotten better. She was starting to grow her 4th set of leaves, so I hit her with some sensigrow a and b, and some cal mag. I know it might kill her, but if she was dying anyway then its worth a try.

Hydro promote much higher growth rate and in turn will provide higher yield. It is like a person working out and drinking protein mix will be able to lift more weight vs someone that sits around eating chips all day.

There are pro and con for both of course. However, hydroponic is more challenging and not as forgiving as soil. Grow both and see which suits you.

Something stunted her growth. Now I have a super skunk and two blackjacks going. The plant that died never even made it to get any nutes. It was just a sprout when it died.

Hi guys, well im a soil grower, well blend of potting mix n such- under a HID light,400w to be exact. Now i grow my girls to be in between 5 and 6 ft tall as i cant go much above this.. And my last was 5ft and yielded 8oz of nice top and sum small 'popcorn' buds..I didnt top,super crop,FIM or LST, tho 2 branches broke and once repaired grew bigger cola's than most others? I harvested early, mayb a week or 2 but thats not much difference in growth. IMO depending on ur space and setup and growth techniques, you 'SHOULD' be able to harvest the same amount of weed, maybe not quite as fast, tho in growth size as long as the factors were the same i dont think there would be a major difference?? I am not 100% certain but i have never seen a hydro plant as big and healthy as some outdoor plants!! Buds longer than your arm and just as thick everywhere!! Now ya cant do that inside.. Well you could but ur 2 storey house may just be a shell! lol.. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Can be achieved depending on grow style sog, scrog, lst, hst etc etc its all down on how your want to grow & understanding of that particular strains needs whilst growing to get the best from it !

Agreed Fuzzy, I have seen some nice big bushy indoor girls too.. And yeah if you know how to scrog or sog or supercrop well,then yeah you can prob maximise your growth potential alot more using those techniques, but for a large yield most growers ive seen scrog have used a larger space than what myself and friends are able to access and they have gotten pounds off their grows. We are limited by grow space, so i am pretty much a one girl man atm! But in future things may change. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Im about to flip my superskunk plant to 12/12 on aug 1st. Shes been vegging since april 10th, and shes already 6ft tall, and gorgeous. Im putting her under a 1kw hps for bud, and I might be looking at a 1lb+ yield. I cant wait, and knew so little when I started this thread back in april.

Im about to flip my superskunk plant to 12/12 on aug 1st. Shes been vegging since april 10th, and shes already 6ft tall, and gorgeous. Im putting her under a 1kw hps for bud, and I might be looking at a 1lb+ yield. I cant wait, and knew so little when I started this thread back in april.

Hey Pat, thats sweet, superskunk at 6ft Veg! Under the 1kw i rekn you will get close to the pound mark. I used a 400w and got 8 oz nice tops, but ive got a 600w now.. I look forward to seeing your girls FAT STINK NUGGETS!!

I cant wait either dude, believe me. Ive been veggin this bitch since april. She should have been ready to harvest august 1st, but the dumbass that I agreed to let show me how to grow hydroponically insisted on cutting clones, and they all kept dying til this last go round. We have 6 that made it from cuttings to clones, so 37 day veg for them, and 12/12 starting august 1st. I should end up with at least 2lbs of the superskunk, and I also have a kings kush in FFOF that should yield me a good 8zs minimum. Thats the one Im most excited about, and cant wait to clone.

I cant wait either dude, believe me. Ive been veggin this bitch since april. She should have been ready to harvest august 1st, but the dumbass that I agreed to let show me how to grow hydroponically insisted on cutting clones, and they all kept dying til this last go round. We have 6 that made it from cuttings to clones, so 37 day veg for them, and 12/12 starting august 1st. I should end up with at least 2lbs of the superskunk, and I also have a kings kush in FFOF that should yield me a good 8zs minimum. Thats the one Im most excited about, and cant wait to clone.

Niiiiiiiice! I am very excited for you!!

Thanks dude. Im a little leery of posting pics online, so I dont have any. Maybe once I take a break from growing Ill put together a page of pics.

@Pat, damn, that sucks abit mate.. Sorry for ur loss:( lol But least you got some that survived and id be fairly happy for a 2lb harvest,espec. one thats had trouble! Hope you achieve that plus more... Goodluk and Hapy Harvesting;)

Hey Pat, thats sweet, superskunk at 6ft Veg! Under the 1kw i rekn you will get close to the pound mark. I used a 400w and got 8 oz nice tops, but ive got a 600w now.. I look forward to seeing your girls FAT STINK NUGGETS!!

We grew 6 Bonsai plants under 400w bulb and we got either 16 or 17 oz from all the plants, we were happy with that. I have talked about these grows in my diary.

Next grow we had a 600w bulb, and thought we would get bigger better, but unfortunatly it didn't happen, we got I think about 8oz from the 5 plants, so how did it go for you.

Hey UPSIDE!! How are ya??
I have some more info on my previous post, as that was prior to my last harvest, So I kinda need to retract my statement somewhat.. My last grow, I LST d and she had 13 primary branches and alot of nice size buds on top canopy..ALL the cola's were over 1ft long - and the largest were 2ft long, I had 4 of them:) They gave me 6.5oz dry btween them, but I was burgled during drying and lost over 2/3rd of my dope, But going off the buds I had, I would have pulled close to 14/15oz dry from 1 plant in 16 weeks,with a 60 day flower period included.
2012-10-31_18_08_32.jpg
2012-10-31_16_02_06.jpg
2012-10-31_15_59_40.jpg

She stood 6'3 in her 25cm high pot.. Her total weight when I cut her was 2.3kg, I am so pissed I didnt get to keep all my weed and weigh it so I could have seen if I had gotten close to a pound, This time I WONT BE LOSING MY STASH!! Im hoping my current grow will give me close to the same yield, but I doubt Ill get 2ft buds again!
So that was the part I felt I had to retract, As I DID GROW BUDS AS LONG AS MY ARM INDOOR IN A 8ft HIGH SPACE- IE:
2012-11-01_10_28_18.jpg

Given that, Ive tried to replicate the growing style and so far she s on track - Another week or 2 and I should be flowering her I hope, once she s 3ft - Im hoping for 6ft or more again..
Heres my new chick, she in a round pot so is slightly different:
2012-12-27_20_40_14.jpg

Anyway, I just thought I better add a SUB-NOTE to my previous comment on achieving large buds inside in a rather small space no Co2 or hydro.. Thanks guys ,Hopes this inspires ya s:):) Take care, Smokemup..

Just looking at your blog when this email came in with reply, wow your last plants were amazing, and that new one looks like a big version of my bonsai , I've seen a big bud of northern lights a few tears ago, but not as bug as your ones... fantastic.

Back to your blog :)

Cheers

Cheers Upside;) Yeah she sure was a nice lil plant!! As I said I hope to get similar results this time around but who knows, will just have to do what I can to make sure she can reach close to her max. potential.
In 2 weeks Im hoping she s big enough to flip!! See how it goes, But Im keen to see some flowers! Have a good one mate.. Smokemup

Back
Top Bottom