Feb.17.2011
Thursday
11:30pm
UPDATE: WATER CHANGED
PH 6.2
PPM 143ppm
H20 Temp:67 Deg/F AMBIENT TEMP 72 Deg/F
Height 18 inches-up 4 inches from last Sunday
Description:Besides a bit of Nutrient/PH burn left over from warm Rez temps combined with high TDS levels which she experienced for 2 days right before I converted the system to an RDWC with a chiller-now that this is no longer a problem thanks to my chiller keeping temps in the perfect range for maxed efficiency in Nutrient uptake and i've been enjoying the beauty of a thick lush GREEN canopy every time I walk by her.

0211111747a1.jpg

I am very happy also to see her grow as fast as she is-averaging an inch a day to date she's the fastest growing plant i've grown.
Also since my last update i've applied the super-cropping aka "pinch and bend technique" to three colas,

0217112320.jpg

and to my satisfaction its only taking about 5 hours for the tops to verticalize themselves and aprox 2-3 days to fully heal. And i'm already seeing the benefit of applying these techniques and how they should aid me when it comes time to moving her into the grow room and putting her under a chicken wire net and SCROG madd weight into her!

Thats it for now. Everything continues to go great, def. can't wait to get her into Bloom mode :).

PG :tokin:

:Namaste:

Man that's looking good and that chiller is BADASS! :high-five:

I have everything to build the CO2 generator and picked up 2 lbs of yeast from my local "Big-Box" store for $4 (sweet deal). When did you start using the CO2? Any idea on how much sugar/yeast for a 1 gal jug? I have read all sorts of different recipies and wanna get it right. I also thought about using some 2 liter soda bottles so I can have one for each plant.

Thanks and keep it up my friend!

Hey,the new girls are in and my new hood is up! :slide:

:bong::bong::bong::bong::bong::bong:
Stats update Time!
Feb.19th 2011
10:00PM
Saturday
PH 6.2
PPM 820
H20 Temp 67Deg/F Ambient Temp 72Deg/F
Description: God I sware one of my favorite things to do is add upgrades to my grow :):) Yesterday I decided it was time to add a bottom line out with an ON/OFF valve to make it easier for me to do things like change her nutrients and test PH and PPM. I used to have to undertake the dangerous task of picking her up out of the bucket and put her in a different one while I carried her nutrient bucket out of the grow closet (my PH and TDS tester go crazy if they are hit with direct light from my Halide). But now I just twist the handle fill a cup and boom I have a sample and thanks to my set up Recirculating through the chiller-im confident that the sample I took represents a well mixed up solution of nutrients and gives an accurate reading. If you can't tell im fucking STOKED! On my set up :)
In other news she's getting bigger every freaking day but im happy with that. I want her to get a little bigger. Im going to give her one more week. Basically when my room mate Heks gets back is when i'll move her into the 12/12 room with the other plant thats 3/4 through Bloom. I do want to use a screen with this girl in order to promote better spaced and better supported buds so in the case of this plant sharing a space with "Sandra" (the other plants name) I'll wait the week or two till sandra is out to put up the Net. But if she's too fast for that i'll just jerry-rig something until I can use all four corners of the room! Cant wait!
:party:
:bong::reading420magazine::):cool::popcorn:

downsized_0219112158.jpg

She's getn' big :cool:

0219112158a.jpg

close up of the bottom drain with ON/OFF valve

0219112203.jpg

I've decided that next time around i'm doing two plants at the same time and turning my single recirculating set up into a true RDWC with atleast two plant site :) :)

Thanks for the support!
PG

Man that's looking good and that chiller is BADASS! :high-five:

I have everything to build the CO2 generator and picked up 2 lbs of yeast from my local "Big-Box" store for $4 (sweet deal). When did you start using the CO2? Any idea on how much sugar/yeast for a 1 gal jug? I have read all sorts of different recipies and wanna get it right. I also thought about using some 2 liter soda bottles so I can have one for each plant.

Thanks and keep it up my friend!

Hey,the new girls are in and my new hood is up! :slide:

I started useing the c02 on the plant in my sig with the link that is 3/4 through bloom at about 2 weeks into flower and then I started using c02 with this girl about 3 weeks ago. What I can tell you is that she's growing an inch a day. Now I can see that being a product of the combination of both the chiller and the c02. Im excited to see what happens when I apply a real c02 tank with a c02 PPM controller. But for now this form of creating c02 is a damn affortable and effective way of doing it!

What I do is this:
Grab a 3 gallon water Jug, Fill it 4/5ths of the way full-water all the way up to the point where it starts sloping up to the bottle neck and cap opening. Then I add 1 LBS of sugar and then I pour 3/4th of an Ounce (aka 3 packets of 1/4th 0z yest) of Ralphs Baking Yest/sometimes Wine Yest from DIY Alcohol stores. I then attach a rubber stopper with a hole in it that my "S" bubbler that I also purchased for 2 dollars at the DIY Alcohol store, can plug in. This way I can tell how fast and note how long c02 is rushing out of the Jug. I then attach a hose (I am not sure the size buy it at the DIA Alcohol store and make sure you get a rubber stopper that will hold it in place as well) This way you can direct where the c02 pumps out at-preferrably somewhere above your plants about 5 inches with a fan blowing out at it.
-I dont mix up the brew. I let it sit. Eventually the Yest starts doing its job sometimes this can take an entire day and then you have lots of c02. Keep an eye on the unit though for the first day as i've had a bad reaction once-too much yiest caused it to overflow and I had to chop a couple big fan leaves because they got this gross crap on them.
Only Mix up the brew after you notice a general decrease in the ammount of bubbles and the speed of the bubbles moveing through the S bubbler. Once the bubbles get to a sluggish sllow motion pase is when you want to take the S bubbler out put the cap back on shake up the Jug quickly take off the cap away from the plant to make sure the pressure doesn't platter gross Fermenting sugar Yest juice on your plants and reinstall your S bubbler and you should see production ramp right back up. Continue this pattern until the yiest fails to power up again. Then its time to pour it down the toilet-definetly not in dumpsters like I did once-neighbors get suspicious when you pour alcohol smelling white shit in ally dumpsters that smell the whole ally up!!!!! So pour it in the toilet! Flush and your good!
Hope this helps!
Let me know if you have anymore questions I can post another pic of my set up if you like as well :)

-PacificGrown

Personal update: I just had my screen name changed from "pacificgrown" to "HYDROLOGIST"

mainly because it sounds cooler but after being a Geology major so long i've decided I want to make my discipline within that major Hydrology. Geology has a few disciplines, Vulcanology, Mineralogy, structural Geology, Topography, Hydrology ect. Hydrology is the study of ground water and its effect on geological features. Very exciting and relevant science, especially in California with our massive aqueduct system funneling water to all the desert regions like LA Orange and SD county. I've also decided to make my minor chemistry. The two complement each other well and I can see both aiding me in my future gardening endeavors! The name just suits me better than "pacificgrown"
-Hydrologist

I started useing the c02 on the plant in my sig with the link that is 3/4 through bloom at about 2 weeks into flower and then I started using c02 with this girl about 3 weeks ago. What I can tell you is that she's growing an inch a day. Now I can see that being a product of the combination of both the chiller and the c02. Im excited to see what happens when I apply a real c02 tank with a c02 PPM controller. But for now this form of creating c02 is a damn affortable and effective way of doing it!

What I do is this:
Grab a 3 gallon water Jug, Fill it 4/5ths of the way full-water all the way up to the point where it starts sloping up to the bottle neck and cap opening. Then I add 1 LBS of sugar and then I pour 3/4th of an Ounce (aka 3 packets of 1/4th 0z yest) of Ralphs Baking Yest/sometimes Wine Yest from DIY Alcohol stores. I then attach a rubber stopper with a hole in it that my "S" bubbler that I also purchased for 2 dollars at the DIY Alcohol store, can plug in. This way I can tell how fast and note how long c02 is rushing out of the Jug. I then attach a hose (I am not sure the size buy it at the DIA Alcohol store and make sure you get a rubber stopper that will hold it in place as well) This way you can direct where the c02 pumps out at-preferrably somewhere above your plants about 5 inches with a fan blowing out at it.
-I dont mix up the brew. I let it sit. Eventually the Yest starts doing its job sometimes this can take an entire day and then you have lots of c02. Keep an eye on the unit though for the first day as i've had a bad reaction once-too much yiest caused it to overflow and I had to chop a couple big fan leaves because they got this gross crap on them.
Only Mix up the brew after you notice a general decrease in the ammount of bubbles and the speed of the bubbles moveing through the S bubbler. Once the bubbles get to a sluggish sllow motion pase is when you want to take the S bubbler out put the cap back on shake up the Jug quickly take off the cap away from the plant to make sure the pressure doesn't platter gross Fermenting sugar Yest juice on your plants and reinstall your S bubbler and you should see production ramp right back up. Continue this pattern until the yiest fails to power up again. Then its time to pour it down the toilet-definetly not in dumpsters like I did once-neighbors get suspicious when you pour alcohol smelling white shit in ally dumpsters that smell the whole ally up!!!!! So pour it in the toilet! Flush and your good!
Hope this helps!
Let me know if you have anymore questions I can post another pic of my set up if you like as well :)

-PacificGrown

Per usual, your info is both thorough and appreciated. You're like me... just waiting for the carpal tunnel to kick in from all that typing :smokin:

Personal update: I just had my screen name changed from "pacificgrown" to "HYDROLOGIST"

mainly because it sounds cooler but after being a Geology major so long i've decided I want to make my discipline within that major Hydrology. Geology has a few disciplines, Vulcanology, Mineralogy, structural Geology, Topography, Hydrology ect. Hydrology is the study of ground water and its effect on geological features. Very exciting and relevant science, especially in California with our massive aqueduct system funneling water to all the desert regions like LA Orange and SD county. I've also decided to make my minor chemistry. The two complement each other well and I can see both aiding me in my future gardening endeavors! The name just suits me better than "pacificgrown"
-Hydrologist

Maybe I should change my name too... just got to find a few Q-tips and voila!

pour it down the toilet-definetly not in dumpsters like I did once-neighbors get suspicious when you pour alcohol smelling white shit in ally dumpsters that smell the whole ally up!!!!!

LOL!!!! Oh fuck dude. You are so funny. I just couldn't stop laughing when I read that!! :bravo:

Per usual, your info is both thorough and appreciated. You're like me... just waiting for the carpal tunnel to kick in from all that typing :smokin:

Maybe I should change my name too... just got to find a few Q-tips and voila!

Hey whatsup Dirty ears! Yeah man clean those fuckers and get a cool name like.....INFERNOLOGIST! LOL we could be like arch enemies! But not cuz we're friends. lol I dunno. Im getn' stoney with my mom right now off some 5 dollar a gram herb we just got from a new clinic that opened up. Haha we're diggin it :hookah:
Take it easy dude, I know i've been a bit distant from the forum as of late, just been busy with school and the plants that sometimes at night im just too tired to fuck with it. But im stoked to have good friends like you, HempROcket, Mr.Krip, The Butcher, Zombo just to name a few of the many great helpfull friends i've made on this site. I'll make sure I stop by and post on your grow tonight.
Take it ez.
The Hydrologist
:peacetwo::peacetwo:
:Rasta:

LOL!!!! Oh fuck dude. You are so funny. I just couldn't stop laughing when I read that!! :bravo:

hahahaha Thanks for take the time to read my posts HempRocket I need to become more "concise" with my writing so I'll continue working on cutting it down and getn' to the point but Dude im glad you found that funny. I wish you coulda seen me and Heks that day pourin this shit in the dumpster acting all sly and suspicious hahaha. No more of that nonsense! Gatta be careful, I've herd some terrible stories at the local hydro shop about paranoid neighbors catching wind of a Grow Operation but mistaking it for something crazy serious like terrorist bomb making-next thing you know you have 12 cops in your bedroom at 6 am with guns drawn over 2 plants!

...Or some shit like that.
:peacetwo:

PS I know i've been a bit distant from the Forum as of late-just been busy with school, my grow and the prospect of finding work. I'll make sure I get a post up on your grow tonight. I just wanted to say I apreciate your friendship HempRocket and everyone elses on this site.
Stay up Dude,

-Hydro:morenutes:

Hey whatsup Dirty ears! Yeah man clean those fuckers and get a cool name like.....INFERNOLOGIST! LOL we could be like arch enemies! But not cuz we're friends. lol I dunno. Im getn' stoney with my mom right now off some 5 dollar a gram herb we just got from a new clinic that opened up. Haha we're diggin it :hookah:
Take it easy dude, I know i've been a bit distant from the forum as of late, just been busy with school and the plants that sometimes at night im just too tired to fuck with it. But im stoked to have good friends like you, HempROcket, Mr.Krip, The Butcher, Zombo just to name a few of the many great helpfull friends i've made on this site. I'll make sure I stop by and post on your grow tonight.
Take it ez.
The Hydrologist
:peacetwo::peacetwo:
:Rasta:

Friends with a common goal! We have to stick together!
:morenutes::tokin::morenutes::tokin:
I came up with my screen name by accident really. I was watching some dumb@ss on tv talking about how marijuana had no medical benefits and was a gateway drug yada yada yada... and I felt I had to clean my ears after hearing all of that filth. If I have to pick an "ologist" name, then gynecologist it is! :idea: Oh...wait, a gyno has to look at bad stuff too! :trance: Nevermind...

I'll just stick with "dime".

:peacetwo:

:rofl::rofl::loopy::loopy:

Hahahaha Fuck yeah dude i'd feel like cleaning my ears after listening to some bull shit like that too! Fuck yeah you'd THINK being a gynecologist was TIGHT-no pun intended giggidy giggidy. But the only TIGHT part I could see about it is getting to give the cute girls there anual check up and just hope to god they've been using soap on it. Otherwise I can only see the rest of that job ending up being terribly miserable. I dont know about you but having to SEE :hmmmm: and SMELL :skeptical: sick Va-jay-jays all day would make me........ well definetly feel like these guys all rapped into one :hmmmm::battingeyelashes::skeptical::shhh::shhh::shhh::shhh::shhh::shhh::icon_roll:icon_roll:icon_roll:icon_roll:icon_roll:trance::trance::scratchinghead::scratchinghead::scratchinghead::confused::confused::confused::sleep::drool::blalol::phew:

Next thing you know you can't get a hard on because everytime you look at your wife's va-jay-jay you visualize a Yiest Infected Puss Beaver!

So whate the moral to this story?
clean your ears.
and stay away from Gynocology.

Dime would be a dope name though

:tokin::tokin::tokin:

Fucking internet at the apartment is down. Might not get it back up till Heks get's home and pays his portion of the bill on the 28th. TIll then i'll be writing this shit at Mconalds and librarys across the board!
Gay!
tshh. Thanks Heks. Fucker. lol jk.

Hey thanks for the drop by Xlr8! i've kinda had a hard time getting online latley but I just flipped my girl to 12/12 so i'll be dropping some new pics of her in the flower room real soon! And Im about to harvest the one thats in bloom probably in about two weeks or so. I'll be posting more in the next couple days.
Take it easy
Hydrologist

Question:

Does anyone know of a good seed bank that can get seeds into the US? California to be exact?

Hey Hydro - I think I might have mentioned this in another thread as well, but I really like single seed centre. I've had good luck with Nirvana, as well, but they are limited to their own strains. I've had some Nirvana seeds 2 years now that are still poppin' up happy and healthy. My PPP seed was 2 years old, and it's been very vigourous. These are just the two that I've had good luck with.

Just read through your grow to get caught up. Your last pics looked good! :goodluck:

Hey Hydro - I think I might have mentioned this in another thread as well, but I really like single seed centre. I've had good luck with Nirvana, as well, but they are limited to their own strains. I've had some Nirvana seeds 2 years now that are still poppin' up happy and healthy. My PPP seed was 2 years old, and it's been very vigourous. These are just the two that I've had good luck with.

Just read through your grow to get caught up. Your last pics looked good! :goodluck:

Thx for the info XLR, yeah dude once I get this strain im growing now (young shepard) Mastered i'll definetly order some seeds from Single seed centre, Im definetly excited to try growing something a bit more exotic like Skywalker or Nebula :)
-Hydrologist

GROW UPDATE!!!!!!!

So now that I got my new Username, new avatar AND my internet's back online I can continue moveing forward with this post :)

YESTERDAY I BEGAN FORCING HER AND SHE IS NOW UNDER THE 12/12 CYCLE AND SHARING A ROOM WITH HER OLDER SISTER WHOSE IN FLUSH!!
:party:
Fuckin SToked to inform you that in 60 days she'll be close to harvest im stoked as fuck! And to keep me occupied while she nugs the fuck up, I have sandra to Harvest (on tuesday so you all better check back for pictures of that harvest and by then I should have something better than my shitty ass camera phone!) So yeah exciting changes are on there way and im very excited I mean check out these girls!
Heres My personal girl that this thread has been dedicated to: freshly put under a 12/12 400 watt HPS lamp ;)
-510.jpg

heres a wide shot where you can see her big sister and her together in the same room. So that means there are two 400 watt lights in this single 5x6 closet but luckily temps are stayin great-aroud 75 deg/F plus I've got the chiller circulating water thats kept at a perfect 65 deg/F and then for sandra (we named the big one sandra) I've just been swoppin frozen water bottles in and out of her Rez to keep temps under 70 and above 64 deg/F

Also in case anyone missed this For Bloom i'll be useing all advanced nutrients (for veg I had used the Dutch Master Gold Range Grow A and B and that had worked beautifully) I'll be useing Sensi Bloom A and B, Kushi Kush and a little bit of sensizyme here and there. I may also be adding one of those Carbo's from Botanicares "Sweet" line up. I like the looks of the "Raw" favor or I should say "non flavor" since it gives you all of the advantages of useing grape or citrus without the change in taste that those give you.

ALSO I'll be useing a slightly different technique for the first 7 to 10 days of Flower that we didn't do with Sandra. I'm continueing the use of my veg nutrients at the max TDS without causing any harm to my girl which is no higher than 1010PPM and no lower than 980ppm Its a hard sweet spot to hit but trust me I do it! The reason I am doing this because in the first week or so is when the plant is creating bud sites and the guy who actually donated this strain to me gave me this advice as well and claimed he's gotn' awesome results useing this technique throughout his grow career. So I am excited to see if I notice a big difference or not. It definitely makes cense to me that this would promote inital flower site formation since its going to be all green growth to start-which requires Nitrogen. But i'll be sure to report my findings in a clear, scientific format.
I can see this being expecialy beneficial to her because she is also a strain that stretches...alot!! We forced her 61 days ago and she was 17 inches tall!! She is now 41 inches tall! thats a little more than double what she was! So hopefully this extra long boost of higher Nitrogen levels will enforce stronger branches as I also plan to fix a plastic mesh net above her and basically bust a single plant SCROG so that I dont have to prop her up with a gang of sticks and stupid ass plant tape which I had to do many-a-times as her branches looked like they may break they have so much weight on them. So I figure the Scrog Net will not only help spead the collas out and get light on all the tops but also support the plant and let it focus its energy on the nugs more than trying to hold its fat asss up.
This is also why I planned ahead and have already added exterior water levels as well as a bottom drain and a top feed so I dont have to open her lid to see how high the resi water is, and I definetly dont have to lift her out into another bucket to change her water or add nutrients. Now I just disconnect my hose from the chiller point the hose into the empty bucket I have and turn the pump on plus open the ON/OFF drain I have comming out of the bottom of the bucket and boom the resi is drained-toss that water out put in new make it PH and PPM perfect then I have a feeder bucket with a hose comming out of its bottom-like a giant funnel and I attach that to the hose that leads into the resivore-fill her up unattach the giant funnel then reatach my hoses to the chiller turn everything back on and she's good to go-I definetly wont have to worry about messing that scrog net up lifting her out thats for sure :cool: :smokin:

Heres the sisters together for one last time
-315.jpg

Again I apologise for the shitty ass picture quality. Will definetly get better pics when the lights go off at 8 o clock cali time. And atleast by tuesday I'll have a much better camera to take pictures of HER AND THE HARVEST OF SANDRA!! Oh and if your interested in checking that thread out its the link with the brackets that say [IN FLUSH!] or something like that. Hope you enjoyed!
Stay tuned it just getn' good now baby!
PS this girl is 24 inches and I've topped her a bunch, Sandra was 17 inches and had only been under a CFL until we flowered her (unlike this girl) and we barely used c02 on Sandra THIS GIRLS GETN' C02 THE WHOLE TIME! So if Sandra has that much weight on her (Im guessing ATLEAST 4 oz!!) Then This girl is ganna be fucking SHHHWEEEEETT! SHWING!

:popcorn: stay tuned!

:theband: btw wtf do u gata do to get a bunch of people to kick it on your thread and talk all day like on dirtinmyears thread and fucking HempRocket! JW lol.

-HYDRO-LOGIC!

:tokin:

Pictures of Sandra's Nugs from two weeks ago when I had a sick camera and her hairs were still white-now their alll orange!!
IMG_05878.JPG

IMG_05796.JPG

IMG_05684.JPG

IMG_05599.JPG

Now thats what I call some Bud Porno!!!! AND MY GIRL IS GOING TO PRODUCE MORE!!!!!! Dude thats one of the coolest parts about growing. That if you treat it in a professional manner and make sure you read before doing anything and everything and with a little luck you'll end up with a bomb ass plant your first time growing in Hydro. And if you Keep up that good work like me and Heks have you'll continue to learn how to grow that strain better and better. Like Im so for sure going to get more weight than sandra. but then the next plant will weigh more and then more and thats what its all about for me atleast. Mastering Mother Fucking Strains. So once this strain is mastered Oh I'll keep growing it but thats when i'll decide on a Seed to order from someone Im thinkin Nebula right now but that may change. Then I'll master that :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
atleast thats the plan ;)
-Oh noh nOh nO! Its not crazy! ITS!....HydroLOGIC!

Hydrologist said:
Pictures of Sandra's Nugs from two weeks ago when I had a sick camera and her hairs were still white-now their alll orange!!

Now thats what I call some Bud Porno!!!! AND MY GIRL IS GOING TO PRODUCE MORE!!!!!! Dude thats one of the coolest parts about growing. That if you treat it in a professional manner and make sure you read before doing anything and everything and with a little luck you'll end up with a bomb ass plant your first time growing in Hydro. And if you Keep up that good work like me and Heks have you'll continue to learn how to grow that strain better and better. Like Im so for sure going to get more weight than sandra. but then the next plant will weigh more and then more and thats what its all about for me atleast. Mastering Mother Fucking Strains. So once this strain is mastered Oh I'll keep growing it but thats when i'll decide on a Seed to order from someone Im thinkin Nebula right now but that may change. Then I'll master that :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
atleast thats the plan ;)
-Oh noh nOh nO! Its not crazy! ITS!....HydroLOGIC!

Wow, what a stem and root system! Freaking awesome!

I hope my hempy grow is half as good :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom