TheBlaze's Indoor Northern Lights & New Blue Diesel Grow - 400W HPS

What strain is it? Northern Lights and New Blue Diesel

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Both are indica dominant hybrids, although the NBD has a little more sativa in it. This is from my own personal experience

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedlings have just broken the surface

If in Veg... For how long? N/A

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Promix (coco/perlite)

If soil... what is in your mix? N/A

If soil... What size pot? roughly 500ml pots now

Size of light? 400w HPS

Type and strength of ferts used? Chemical Nutes

Hey guys

So, on to my next grow. Last Friday i dropped 4 seeds into shot glasses. 1 NL (fem) and 3 NBD (reg). They are all in coco/perlite now. All the NBD's are above soil, but the NL seems to be struggling a little. I've very gently removed some of the medium above the seedling to expose it a little and give it a small push in the right direction. I'm expecting to see it above the soil when I get home from work today.

I have placed some home made humidity domes over the seedlings. Tonight they will go under the lights at 275w. In a few days I will switch over to 400w.

Let's see what happens. I have high hopes for the NBD. They seem to be displaying some good vigour, and the beans looked good.

Re: TheBlaze's Indoor Northern Lights and New Blue Diesel grow. (400w HPS)

Nice to have you on board bud!

This just in: NL has popped! So all 4 on the go now.

I'll post pictures tomorrow.

The NL kicked the bucket. It was weak from the start, so can't say I am surprised. I have some unknown bagseed. I will pop one of those in it's place.

Just a small update. Still waiting for the bagseed to pop. The NBD is stretching like a mofo. Not sure why as they are as far from the light as the seedlings in my last run. I can't really get them closer because of the heat. I might have to employ the straw technique.

No photos yet. Waiting for them to become a bit more impressive.

Good news though. My seeds that were detained by customs actually made their way to me. I'm really chuffed, as that was an expensive order. Got some awesome freebies from them as well. All from DNA/Reserva Privada. L.A. Confidential and Kandy Kush. 2 strains I've had my eye on.

Will you have to mess with the temps to get that diesel to turn lue or is it part of the genetics? Good luck btw!! :)

Sorry for the late update guys. This grow has been all over the place. I've killed off 1 of the NBD's and the unknown. Just wasnt' happy with them. In their place I have 1 x Deadhead OG (cali connection) and 1 x AK-47 (serious seeds) in coco at the moment. They should show themselves in the next day or 2.

I'm really struggling to get the temps down in the tent. Could account for some of the strange growth I've seen so far. I have a big ass fan in the tent now, and I'm using frozen bottles of water to try and curb the temps. It is helping a bit. Still seeing temps up at 35 deg celsius though. Too high! Might have to look at some kind cheap AC unit.

Dirtysteve, I think you should see some blue/lavendar colouring regardless of temps. At least that's what I've seen with some other grows.

Here is a photo taken this morning inside the tent of the 2 remaining NBD's.

2013-11-07_07_51_36.jpg

Thanks bud. Still struggling with the heat, but the plants seem to be growing ok. Some mutant growth on the NBD, but these seeds are not from Sannie, but rather from a South African breeder. I think they are a little questionable, but let's see what they do.

The Deadhead OG never popped. Apparently quite common with some of the Cali Connection gear. A little disappointing, but what can you do. The Ak-47 is doing well though. Looks nice and healthy.

I'll take some pics with their next feed.

The AK-47 is struggling a bit with the high heat. It got burnt, but still hangin in there. I know it will pull through. Going to add a humdifier next week. Should help a bit.

The Blue Diesel is beginning to impress. They have pulled through and are looking nice and healthy.

nbd3.jpg

nbd2.jpg

nbd1.jpg

Thanks bud. I'll post some more pics later today.

Here they are. I think the NBDs are 3 weeks from seed and the AK-47 about 8 or 9 days younger. Big difference in size between the 2 strains.

nbd21.jpg

nbd.jpg

group146.jpg

ak70.jpg

How the hell do I edit the title of the thread?

Fimmed both NBD as can be seen by the pics. The one was fimmed 2 days earlier.

Picking up some issues on the NBD. Nothing too serious just yet. I'll flush them tomorrow, and they should recover nicely. Nutrient solution might be a little too strong for them.

AK is still growing slowly, but it's growing.

nbd4.jpg

group147.jpg

fim27.jpg

fim19.jpg

AK-47

ak72.jpg

The sample of LA I tried was decent but not as tasty as that kandy kush liked its buzz better also. LA seemed to only affect me from the mid section down in a very relaxing way. Deadhead og was nice also.

What is your take on Cali Connection Kief? They have some nice strains, but the reviews I'm reading are not good.

Back
Top Bottom