Faster PurpleGunRack Grow! - 2nd Indoor Grow - Fast Autos - 2015

PurpleGunRack

Hi all you awesome people:welcome: to my 2nd grow journal

I'm starting my second grow today and unlike the first grow journal this one is from the very beginning.
This time I'm growing auto's aswell but I picked some that should be very fast, not that I'm in a hurry I'd just like to see how they grow;)
I will be growing 3 plants (if the seeds make it that far) I can't fit more until the last plant from the first grow is done.

SETUP: (Same as last grow, except for Biobizz Light-Mix in the top of the pots so they can grow into the All-Mix and the young plants avoid nute burn. Also got some Biobizz Leaf-Coat spray)

Tent: Growlab GL80, 180cm x 80cm x 80cm
Ballast: Digital BAL Epson 250 watt
Bulb: Sunmaster 250 watt Dual Spectre
Additional lighting: Mars Hydro 180 watt LED UFO(Way up top in the tent, but every little helps right?)
Reflector: PrimaKlima Cooltube 400mm ø125mm
Ventilation: PrimaKlima inline fan 280 m3/t ø100mm + carbon filter and Mini silencer 30cm ø100cm
Pots: Superroots Air-pot 15 L
Medium: Bio-Bizz Light-Mix and All-mix with extra perlite and leca in the bottom for drainage
Fertilizer: Biobizz: Bio-Grow, Bio-Bloom,
Booster: Biobizz: Top-Max, Bio-Heaven, Root-Juice, Alg-A-Mic, Acti-Vera, Leaf-Coat

STRAINS:

Cream of the Crop - Amphetamine - Mainly Indica - 45-50 days

Sweet Seeds - Sweet Skunk Auto - Hybrid - 7-8 weeks

Heavyweight - 2 Fast 2 Vast - Mainly Indica - 8 weeks

Billede00401.jpg

Today I put the seeds to germinate in moist paper towels that I put in plastic bags with a couple of water mists in there and a couple of breaths to add more moisture and some air. Then I tied a knot to seal the bag and put them in a dark place - and now all there is to do is wait...

Billede00411.jpg

Update!​
24MAY2015​

They have sprouted! All the seeds have small white roots and the Auto Sweet Skunk is actually a small plant already and its seed husk has fallen off(don't know if this is bad?)

I just planted all the seeds in 2 parts Light-Mix and 1 part perlite, with leca in the bottom of the pots.
They've been watered with PH 6,5 water and put in the tent with plastic wrap over the pots.

Left = Amphetamine
Middle = 2 Fast 2 Vast
Right = Auto Sweet Skunk

Billede0044.jpg

Auto Sweet Skunk

Billede0045.jpg

#1 - Red tray = Amphetamine
#3 - Blue tray = 2 Fast 2 Fas
#4 - Green tray = Auto Sweet Skunk

Billede0046.jpg

The race is on;)

Thank you guys

The ladies were moved into the tent las tnight during lights off so today is day 1 under light and when I looked this afternoon the 2 Fast 2 Vast was already 2-3 cm above the ground so I removed the plastic wrap:cheesygrinsmiley:

2Fast2Vast-_Day_1_-_Close-up.jpg

The Auto Sweet Skunk sorta closed the small leaves up and grew in a downwards arch into the soil so removed a bit of soil so she can ''see'' which way to go.

Welcome aboard mates:passitleft:

Yesterday the Auto Sweet Skunk broke ground and today the Amphetamine followed, so they came up one per day three days in a row:)

So far they're only getting water PH 6.0-6.5

I did not bother to do the putting Light-Mix in a hole in top of All-Mix thing, I just went with only Light-Mix and Perlite 2:1, since mixing soil in the common basement of my apartment building kinda had to be done quick and without making a mess... So I'm gonna consider going aero or hydro after this or the next grow.

Auto Sweet Skunk
Auto_Sweet_Skunk_-_Day_3_-_Closeup.jpg

Amphetamine

Amphetamine_-_Day_3_-_Closeup.jpg

A little update.

They look ok, the 2 Fast 2 Vast leaves have curled a bit, I don't know if it's light/heat stress or over/under watering, though it's probably not over watering. I switched the light cycle from 20/4 to 18/6 to hopefully reduce light stress and to give the old plant in the tent some more darkness to hopefully increase resin production.
I'm gonna start giving them Root-Juice today.

2 Fast 2 Vast

2Fast2Vast_-_Day_8.jpg

Auto Sweet Skunk

Auto_Sweet_Skunk_-_Day_8.jpg

Amphetamine

Amphetamine_-_Day_8.jpg

Update.

The girls are now getting Root-Juice and Bio-Heaven once a week, and Acti-Vera with every watering.
I also gave them some Leaf-Coat spray today, it smells funny...

2 Fast 2 Vast

2_Fast_2_Vast_-_Day_11.jpg

Auto Sweet Skunk

Auto_Sweet_Skunk_-_Day_11.jpg

Amphetamine

Amphetamine_-_Day_11.jpg

Man something wrong with them, can u write the temp, rh , and nutes or just write what u know? We can figure it out i guess

Yeah I think I got thrips not sure though?... but I bought some Neem oil yesterday and gave them a good spraying

Auto Sweet Skunk

Auto_Sweet_Skunk_-_Day_13.jpg

Auto_Sweet_Skunk_-_Day_12_closeup1.jpg

Amphetamine

Amphetamine_-_Day_13.jpg
Amphetamine_-_Day_12_-_closeup.jpg

2 Fast 2 Vast

2Fast2Vast-_Day_13.jpg
2_Fast_2_Vast_-_Day_12_-_Bad_leaf.jpg

Update.

I don't think it was thrips, probably me splashing water/nute solution on them and too high PH in the soil...
They keep growing and the new leaves look better:)

I just started giving them Bio-Grow today.
The 2 Fast 2 Vast is consistently forming three leaves in stead of two leaves on the other plants.

I changed my setup a little getting some regular duct tubes in stead of the acoustic ones(they had too many bends and reduced my airflow too much) and I took the LED light out, as a result my max temperature is now 4 degrees lower and there's more work space in the tent.

Billede0136.jpg

Auto Sweet Skunk

Auto_Sweet_Skunk_-_Day_15.jpg

Amphetamine

Amphetamine_-_Day_15.jpg

2 Fast 2 Vast

2_Fast_2_Vast_-_Day_15.jpg

Looking good buddy! :thumb: Will follow your progress
Very nice purple buds on your last grow as well. Hope they tasted as good as they looked!
My plants from last year had similar ringed spots on them from drips of water drying out on the leaves.
How is the silencer working for you? Thinking about getting one, but not sure if it will fit, is it a big difference?

:thanks:
The first Auto BlackBerry Kush is still curing:)

I'm pretty sure splashing was the problem, the new leaves look nice and green.

The mini silencer is ok for suppressing the whooshing sound from the airflow, the regular 60 cm ones might be better (it's better if you have a silencer on each side of the ventilator), but it's not reducing the sound from the ventilator motor at all.

I have a simple speed controller but it just makes the fan sound run on a lower frequency but about same db and I think that sound is more annoying than full speed so....

I'd say try buying a meter or two of acoustic ducting and put a piece on each side of the ventilator and see how that works, it's cheap, flexible and it's easy to cut the lenght you need.

I intend on doing some more research on that whole silencing thing, but I think the first step is to buy a silent ventilator and then work on the sound from the airflow from there.
I've been looking at the S&P Extractor Fan TD-350/125, but it's 225 euro and I don't know how it performs or if there's something better on the market, it looks decent judging from the descriptions and specifications.

Update - Day 20 (From start of seed germination)

They look nice and like they loved that Bio-grow:)

2 Fast 2 Vast

2_Fast_2_Vast_-_Day_17.jpg

2 Fast 2 Vast from above

2_Fast_2_Vast_-_Day_17_-_Above.jpg

Amphetamine

Amphetamine_-_Day_17.jpg

Auto Sweet Skunk

Auto_Sweet_Skunk_-_Day_17.jpg

Group shot (from left to right) Auto Sweet Skunk, 2 Fast 2 Vast, Amphetamine

Billede0167.jpg

I intend on doing some more research on that whole silencing thing, but I think the first step is to buy a silent ventilator and then work on the sound from the airflow from there.
I've been looking at the S&P Extractor Fan TD-350/125, but it's 225 euro and I don't know how it performs or if there's something better on the market, it looks decent judging from the descriptions and specifications.

I just wanted to interject and say that I'm currently using a S&P TD-100x and I'm very pleased with it. I would imagine the larger models would be comparable. I wrapped the fan in thick foam and its suppressed the already minimal motor noise very well. Soler and Palau also have the TD-Silent series, which cost more.

Back
Top Bottom