PH'ing water and nutrients in advance?

Curly Beaver

When you adjust the pH of your water do you make a fresh batch each time or do you make up some in advance for a week or so?

Same question for nutrients? Always fresh or do you use it later if you have an excess?

I am just trying to get my ducks in a row for an upcoming vacation, I will need to ask a friend to water and possibly feed, while I am gone. (8-10 days.)

heya,
i'll let my water sit for 24hours so that any chlorine can evaporate, but i'm not using any nutes or ph balancing until it's going into the res as nutes could clog when there is no water movemement.
happened with my first batch of nute water, made some in advance and could toss it away when i wanted to use it, kept it at a dark place but still ....

Thanks mokel. I would imagine that fresh is better, just not sure if I'll be able to pull it off. I think pre-mixing the water would be OK on occasion, but I gotta admit, I'm a rookie.

I forgot to mention I grow in soil.

All depents on the nuts

But i sometimes have more and just save it for the next day or so but never longer than 3 days. But before these nutes you could store reddy to go up to 14 days. But i would say check with the supplyer maybe they could tell you more.

Btw i use chemical nuts i think you have to make the bio nuts fresh every batch.

And if you really need a big stock of reddy nuts just use a big barrle and a air stone
Thats how a friend of myn keeps his water

I keep a 32 gallon rubbermaid trash can next to my tent plumbed to my reservoir with a pump. The trash can has a 1/4" float valve connected to an RO filter so it stays full automatically. I adjust PH and add nutes in the reservoir. I tried mixing everything up in the trash can but it turned into a stinky disaster so now the can stays clean lol. I use GH nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom