First time - Need help

Hashash

420 Member
hello growers, it's nice to be in this community

I'm growing my first plant. its (northern lights auto).
its been 36 days. I'm using two fluorescent lights each 42w. it says in it that one bulb equals 150w by regular light. I used to put it under 12/12 schedule, but I turned it to 24 6 days ago ( after a month of 12/12). I'm not sure if its healthy or not. its height is 4 inch (10cm). I started to see yellowing in the tips of leafs. and yellowing in the older fans too. I want to show it to you so you can tell me if it's healthy or not.

IMG_157323.JPG

IMG_158023.JPG

IMG_157919.JPG

IMG_158226.JPG

IMG_157725.JPG

IMG_157624.JPG

IMG_158124.JPG

in this last photo I suspect a sign of early flowering ( on the far left of the photo)

I'm waiting for your comment, I hope they are positive :thumb::love:

thank you

Hi there hashash and welcome to 420 Magazine, it sure is a great community.

Your plant is looking great so far, maybe a little bit of slowed growth since I see that you had it under 12/12 light schedule for the first 4 weeks. I think you may have your cycles backwards.. the vegetative cycle needs light of about 18 hours per day up to 24 hours. The flowering stage is when you would switch it to 12/12 light cycle. Regardless of starting the plant in 12/12, it still will not flower for about 3 weeks anyways until it is mature enough to do so, but when you switched it to 24 hours light you would be switching it back to veg stage.

It is good that your plant has show it's sex since it was in that 12/12 cycle.. So now that you know it's a female, you should leave it in the veg stage for a couple weeks and let it grow up and out some, I would do this with an 18/6 light cycle. Then once it has grown some more and you are ready to set it into flower just switch back to 12/12.. Hope this isn't to confusing lol..

The yellowing of your leaves could be a sign that it could use some nutrients, but usually when it's the very outer leaf tips that are yellowing it is a sign of nutrient burn. What are you using for your soil/medium? Are there any nutrients already in it or are you feeding bottle nutrients at all? The more info you can provide about your grow materials and equipment the better we are able to help you :)

Hello Hash. I see you are growing an auto not a photo-period plant. Dick23rk was describing light cycle for photo-period plant. You don't need to switch the light cycle to get it to flower. Just keep it under 18/6 or 20/4 light and it will start blooming on its own when ready. Hopefuly the pistil you see is just pre-flowering and you have more veg time.

Other than that I agree with dick23rk that it looks pretty good. Yellowing is so slight it's hard to say whether it's deficiency or burn without knowing more about the soil, nutrient feedings and watering. It is a little small which makes think its roots may be stunted. Make sure it has good drainage and proper watering. On second look I see some faint striping on leaves so I think you have nutrient deficiency. I would address the drainage/watering first and slowly increase nutes.

Also, with CFL bulbs it's the actual wattage that matters, not the wattage equivalent. So you have 84 watts of light. Guides suggest 50 watts per sq.ft., so you have plenty for this plant.

Good luck!

I see the slight signs of a magnesium deficiency though. Several leafs are starting to show the stripe look of it as well as some leafs bending off to one direction. That's usually also a sign of some needed mag. A plant needing magnesium will not grow at a good rate.

Put that auto on either 18 hours of light per day or 20 hours of light per day. It's an auto so theres never a need to change it.

Hello Hash. I see you are growing an auto not a photo-period plant. Dick23rk was describing light cycle for photo-period plant. You don't need to switch the light cycle to get it to flower. Just keep it under 18/6 or 20/4 light and it will start blooming on its own when ready. Hopefuly the pistil you see is just pre-flowering and you have more veg time.

Other than that I agree with dick23rk that it looks pretty good. Yellowing is so slight it's hard to say whether it's deficiency or burn without knowing more about the soil, nutrient feedings and watering. It is a little small which makes think its roots may be stunted. Make sure it has good drainage and proper watering. On second look I see some faint striping on leaves so I think you have nutrient deficiency. I would address the drainage/watering first and slowly increase nutes.

Also, with CFL bulbs it's the actual wattage that matters, not the wattage equivalent. So you have 84 watts of light. Guides suggest 50 watts per sq.ft., so you have plenty for this plant.

Good luck!

We arent sure if it's an autoflower, he never said. He did say that he had the plant under 12/12 for the first month then switched it to 24 hours on.. it could be an auto or a photo, they act the same when a photo is started under 12/12 from seed.

Just wanted to mention that since it was the way Hash had written it, that's how I understood it.

its a northern lights auto

We arent sure if it's an autoflower, he never said. He did say that he had the plant under 12/12 for the first month then switched it to 24 hours on.. it could be an auto or a photo, they act the same when a photo is started under 12/12 from seed.

Just wanted to mention that since it was the way Hash had written it, that's how I understood it.

Aww crap man.. o just went re read for the 3rd time and seen that. Sorry everyone, been quite the day for me, my apologies

Back
Top Bottom