Will 12/12 - 12/12 - 16/8 Light Schedule Mess Up The Plant?

gato

Trying to figure a way to boost production for a tiny plant.

It is a C-99 Grapefruit that I put into flower at a very small size. It is severely tied down in what I'd describe as a centipede shape of tie down and bending to circle around the rim of the pot. Since it was small...it will only circle half way around the 3gal pot.

The shoots are also severely tied down and have produced flowering buds also. The plant looked like a flat top plant and all the short colas are kept at equal height. Not having any real verticle growth leaves it totally exposed to the window light (9hrs direct sun plus indirect all day).

It is flowering well, but the yield will be small due to it's size. What there will be should be prime buds. I have little knowledge of indoor pot growing...having only a couple of experiences with indoor and those not anything serious and that was back in the 90's. In the 80's I did some largish outdoor growing (30lbs the best year), but they were true guerilla grows on public lands. I do have knowledge in Pomology (apples and pears) tree fruits and trying to incorporate that into the grow.

Was trying to figure some light schedule method of boosting production as much as possible. Am currently trying a 12/12, 12/12 and then a 16/8 or 15/9 schedule. 2 days 12/12 and then one long light day of 16/8 or 15/9. Will that work or will it confuse the plant to hermie? I wouldn't mind the seeds if it did, being poor means seeds purchases are a luxury. Also figure yield will be reduced if it goes hermie.

Has anyone experimented with an odd schedule like that? I'm sure others have tried different light/dark and got an interesting response about long day plant genetics that may be useful, but interested to know if anyone has done such a thing?

Thanks much...ignorance is not bliss*

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom