12-1 Lighting Method

hydromania

The 12-1 lighting schedule is as follows 12 hours lights on, 5.5 lights off, 1-hour lights on, 5.5 lights off, and repeat schedule. The 1 hour on in between off period fools the plants that stay in vegetative growth state!

Has anyone used this method ? I've read some interesting documents about this. Joseph R. Pietri swears by this method, many growers are using this with great success. He also goes on to state - In the flowering stage, never use 12-12, start your flowering period at 11 hours on 13 hours off. When your are growing outdoors each day you get less and less sun light, you should copy the way the sun acts naturally in your indoor grow. So first 2 weeks of flower you go 11 on 13 off, the next 2 weeks you go down to 10.5 on 13.5 off, next 2 weeks 10 on 14 off, next two weeks 9.5 on 14.5 off and the last weeks of flower you should be at 9 hours on and 15 hours off. You'll get bigger and better buds by copying the way the sun light works on cannabis outdoors.

have used 12-1 for veg with great success, now I am using Joes new flowering schedule of 18 off 6 on. will post snaps when its done :)

1_joe.PNG

It is a reasonable well documented lighting regime.

I believe when twelve12 was active on the forums he tried the method many times over & along with Icemud these are just a couple of names i remember over the last few years, but their are others who have escaped my ol grey matter...

Personal i did not think much of DLR - diminishing light routine tho !

Hey Ibaba , so in your opinion what are the benefits of implementing this lighting regime, besides the savings on power usage are there any others that you have noticed when using the 12-1 method

have used 12-1 for veg with great success, now I am using Joes new flowering schedule of 18 off 6 on. will post snaps when its done :)

1_joe.PNG

Hey Ibaba , so in your opinion what are the benefits of implementing this lighting regime, besides the savings on power usage are there any others that you have noticed when using the 12-1 method

for me veg growth was the same as 18on 6off with 12-1 , if you veg for longer than I did (2weeks) then you do get pre-flowers faster and plants start flowering faster, but that is not something that I noticed but what others on the facebook page have reported.

I have run the Gas Lantern Routine or 12-1 schedule with over 20 strains and it worked extremely well for lowering electricity costs as well as seems to force the plants to flower a few days quicker when flipped to 12/12 or DLR routine for flowering. The growth also is about the same as an 18/6 schedule, but with much less electricity usage.

I found that with all 20+ strains that it worked for veg, but 2 of the strains after about 6 months of the 12-1 started to flower on me. (I was keeping mothers) so overall I think the GLR is a very amazing way to not only save energy but also veg healthy plants :)

I tried the DLR flowering schedule and wasn't too fond of it though... so I use a 12.25/11.75 flowering schedule now.

Thanks for your input Icemud.Sounds like a win win situation right there, Have you also tried the 6/18 flowering regime ?

I have run the Gas Lantern Routine or 12-1 schedule with over 20 strains and it worked extremely well for lowering electricity costs as well as seems to force the plants to flower a few days quicker when flipped to 12/12 or DLR routine for flowering. The growth also is about the same as an 18/6 schedule, but with much less electricity usage.

I found that with all 20+ strains that it worked for veg, but 2 of the strains after about 6 months of the 12-1 started to flower on me. (I was keeping mothers) so overall I think the GLR is a very amazing way to not only save energy but also veg healthy plants :)

I tried the DLR flowering schedule and wasn't too fond of it though... so I use a 12.25/11.75 flowering schedule now.

Thanks for your input Icemud.Sounds like a win win situation right there, Have you also tried the 6/18 flowering regime ?

I don't see a point of using 6 hours to flower... Plant lighting should be judged by DLI or Daily light integral... at only 6 daylight hours your plants should be receiving at least 1,100 Umol/m2/s-1 in order to get proper lighting at that short of a day which most people don't have in their grow areas...therefore I stick with around 12/12 which requires around 500 Umol/m2/s-1.

If you use the 6/18 schedule with less than 1,100 umol/m2/s-1, then the plants are not receiving enough light to optimally flower based on DLI of 22-30+.

I don't see a point of using 6 hours to flower... Plant lighting should be judged by DLI or Daily light integral... at only 6 daylight hours your plants should be receiving at least 1,100 Umol/m2/s-1 in order to get proper lighting at that short of a day which most people don't have in their grow areas...therefore I stick with around 12/12 which requires around 500 Umol/m2/s-1.

If you use the 6/18 schedule with less than 1,100 umol/m2/s-1, then the plants are not receiving enough light to optimally flower based on DLI of 22-30+.

Icemud your the man!! that is completely correct. you need sufficient lighting power for this to work well. Thank you for clarifying and quantifying this for us.:Namaste:

Have been using the 6 on 18 off cycle for about 3-4 flowering cycles now (continuous process) now I am going to try 6 on 12 off and see how it goes, have you ever tried this icemud? BTW I am sure that my yield with 6 on 18 off is less than 12-12, however it suits me just fine, now I want to see if the 18hr day speeds up the flowering process to compensate for that drop in production.

Have been using the 6 on 18 off cycle for about 3-4 flowering cycles now (continuous process) now I am going to try 6 on 12 off and see how it goes, have you ever tried this icemud? BTW I am sure that my yield with 6 on 18 off is less than 12-12, however it suits me just fine, now I want to see if the 18hr day speeds up the flowering process to compensate for that drop in production.

how do you introduce the plants into this lighting cycle?
I am assuming that you cant flip to this if you already have plants on a 12/12 schedule.

Back
Top Bottom