White Widow Feminized Indoor Grow 400W LED Grow Light 75% Soil 25% Cow Manure 1G Pot

So this is my first grow so i might ask pretty stupid questions for most experienced growers but here is a look of my plants so far some leafs are curled up which maybe the reason was because the light being too close ? it is currently 24 inches above the plants other then this the plants seems to have a nice color and be in good condition i have a fan blowing near the plants and the temps is pretty much always a constant 75
weeeeeed3.jpg
weeeed2.jpg
weed90.jpg

Re: White Widow Feminized indoor grow 400w led grow light 75%soil 25% cow manure 1g p

Hey Heinz. Good to see you got your journal going buddy!! I think if you tell a little more about your setup people might guide you a little better on here. So, I'm going to ask you some stuff. lol.

1) How old are these little ladies??

2) What all can you tell us about the soil you used?

3) Was the cow manure you used fresh or had it "seasoned" a bit?

4) Do you have your plant in a space with reflective surfaces on the walls, etc?

5) What's your relative humidity looking like in the space? (**Highly recommend getting an inexpesnive thermometer/hygrometer)

6) Have you PHed your soil/medium or your water yet?

7) Are you adding any nutrients or other supplements to your soil/medium?

I'm sure there are a lot more questions I could rattle off, but, if you give us a little more info on those things it will help fill out your journal and give everyone an idea of how to best advise you. Your plants look pretty healthy to me, other than the slight curling from which I think they'll recover. Keep it up man!!

Re: White Widow Feminized indoor grow 400w led grow light 75%soil 25% cow manure 1g p

Hey Heinz. Good to see you got your journal going buddy!! I think if you tell a little more about your setup people might guide you a little better on here. So, I'm going to ask you some stuff. lol.

1) How old are these little ladies??

2) What all can you tell us about the soil you used?

3) Was the cow manure you used fresh or had it "seasoned" a bit?

4) Do you have your plant in a space with reflective surfaces on the walls, etc?

5) What's your relative humidity looking like in the space? (**Highly recommend getting an inexpesnive thermometer/hygrometer)

6) Have you PHed your soil/medium or your water yet?

7) Are you adding any nutrients or other supplements to your soil/medium?

I'm sure there are a lot more questions I could rattle off, but, if you give us a little more info on those things it will help fill out your journal and give everyone an idea of how to best advise you. Your plants look pretty healthy to me, other than the slight curling from which I think they'll recover. Keep it up man!!

Hey thanks man appreciate it well i did not phed the soil for the moment i am not adding any nutrients the only thing i did was using a good garden soil mixed with some cow and sheep manure and it was fresh. I did not install something around the plant yet which i probably should of course planning on doing this on the week end while i wont be working to be honest its been 3 weeks but i had a rough time at first lights were not strong enough received my led grow light 1 week ago and can see a huge difference they grow very quick i will send pics of how they look now with the lights being higher above the plants the leafs grow without curling up which is a good sign
20170613_031044.jpg
20170613_031037.jpg

Re: White Widow Feminized Indoor Grow 400W LED Grow Light 75% Soil 25% Cow Manure 1G

With your garden soil make sure it doesn't have any time-released fertilizers in it. This can throw your little girls a big curve ball at the wrong time. If it does have that, you might want to transplant into a soil and manure mix with none of those fertilizers. But if ur soil was organic or whatever, it should be okay. You might want to add some perlite to your current soil...something to prevent clumping and encourage drainage.

Re: White Widow Feminized Indoor Grow 400W LED Grow Light 75% Soil 25% Cow Manure 1G

A very solid maker of premixed soils is Fox Farms. Their Ocean Forest mix is very popular and well reviewed, along with the Happy Frog... some folks even mix the two. Biobizz all-mix is also used a lot and works well. Many other brands, too.

A very solid maker of premixed soils is Fox Farms. Their Ocean Forest mix is very popular and well reviewed, along with the Happy Frog... some folks even mix the two. Biobizz all-mix is also used a lot and works well. Many other brands, too.

I cant remember the soil i used but i know it does not have fertilizer inside i used a good garden soil i take every year for my garden outside so it should be fine with that :p oh and would a ph pool test work to see the ph ?

Something like this will work. I grow in Coco coir and perlite which tends to be more pH neutral than soil so I don't pH my runoff, just the water prewatering. You might want to pH your runoff. I think a general safe range for soils is 6-7 pH.

Alright sounds good i will test the soil to make sure and test the water i use to water my plants hehe

I think getting some reflective walls around them and making sure your soil is phed and not too moist will help a lot and you'll start to see her veg with a little more vigor

I think getting some reflective walls around them and making sure your soil is phed and not too moist will help a lot and you'll start to see her veg with a little more vigor
yes i keep the soil not that moist and have reflective walls now as well :p will just make sure the ph is good when i water them and i might put some fertilizers as well not sure though :p

If I were you I'd let them grow a while and move them to 3 gal fabric pots when they're big enough. When you do that you can have a few more things for your dirt and slowly grow your setup. That's what I'm in the process of doing.

If I were you I'd let them grow a while and move them to 3 gal fabric pots when they're big enough. When you do that you can have a few more things for your dirt and slowly grow your setup. That's what I'm in the process of doing.

yeah that's a good idea will do that and wait until they are 2 big for the pots then transfer them hehe

General hydroponics flora has been a very good line for me, and it's kind of general purpose. They also have the flora nova grow and Bloom. Tons of other companies making great products though. Fox Farms has a good line, too. Just make sure it works with soil and any decent grow + bloom set should work wonders for you

So it turns out i had stuff to test ph and its at 6.2 that is the water i use to water them and made a test with the soil and its 6.2 as well

That shows be good on your water, then honestly. So long as your seeing good drainage when you water. If it's pooling up and taking very long at all to go down into your dirt, then you need better drainage I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom