White Cookie & Sour Jack Under 315W CMH: First Real Grow

psu135

Hello all -

Getting back in the game after a half-assed attempt at growing 5 or 6 years ago. Tried DWC with two plants in a 4x4 tent and some DIY HPS street lights rigged up. This time around I'll be using some better supplies and really work at doing this the right way.

My setup:
1 - 315W CMH
4" Exhaust fan w/ 4" x 12" carbon filter
4" intake fan at the bottom of the tent, venting in fresh air from outside
FF Happy Frog Soil, going to mix 2/3 soil & 1/3 perlite in the 5 gal
5 Gal Fabric pots
Hygrometer

Seeds:
7 - Cropking White Cookie (White Widow x Girl Scout Cookie)
7 - Cropking Sour Jack (Sour Diesel x Jack Herrer)

Right now I've got 3 of each strain in paper towels germinating, I plan on running them through into veg and taking some clones of each to (eventually) get a perpetual harvest going. I'd like to harvest 2-4 plants per month. My goal is to have the largest yield possible of good-really good bud.

Do you guys have any suggestions for what I should add to my setup to maximize yield?
Ex.
-Nutrients - What should I use? Should I use any at all or just go organic?
-Techniques - LST, Topping, SCROG?

I wasn't going to do a journal, but I figured I'll need some help down the road for sure.

I'll be posting some pics of the setup shortly.

Thanks in advance!!

re: Cropking White Cookie & Sour Jack Under 315W CMH - First Real Grow

Here is the setup with one of my pots in the corner.

F94C9B65-5ED0-4317-868A-A7916D1C57AB.jpeg
970E7E88-F844-4A2A-A7A5-A34A3D3819A3.jpeg
452A4092-60D9-4131-A9A7-A9F1FF76C013.jpeg

re: Cropking White Cookie & Sour Jack Under 315W CMH - First Real Grow

Thanks brother! Welcome aboard!
Nutrients can be any kind in my humble opinion. Less is more tho, a bloom booster helps like fox farm happy frog fruit and flower.

Your happy frog has lots of goodies already inside ready for veg growth, but beware it may be too potent for seedlings !

Fox farm light warrior is their seedling mix, blended to help the little gals at the tender stage. I always recommend a seedling mix although it isn't necessary.

Topping, ScrOG and LST all work very well but add to veg time. Most growers top and ScrOG or LST utilizing multiple training methods to maximize the number of tops in the canopy area evenly under the light.

I'll probably hold off for a few weeks after putting the babies in soil to feed them anything at all.

Would you suggest starting them in Solo cups directly in the soil, or in a jiffy pellet?

And I checked on the beans this morning, both paper towels were dried out, but they were soaking wet at midnight, looks like their tap roots were out pretty long, but look like they lost some of that bright white coloring. I re-wetted the paper towels, hoping at lunch time they will have recovered. What do you think?

[Edit] forgot to mention when I checked them at lunch they were all doing just fine. This evening I planted all 6 after they popped decent sized tap roots. Right now they are in solo cups and watered with bottled spring water.

Temps are around 80f with lights on, humidity at 40%. Should I leave the humidity dome off the rapid rooter tray I'm using? I'm really worried they'll dry out like the seeds did when in paper towels. I'm going to wake up in a few hours to check on them I think...
35FB95E1-E0FF-470B-AEBF-8F29E119C783.jpeg

glad to hear they survived !
seeds need warmth, air and moisture. if you decide to put the lid on keep the vents open or make sure you open it to breathe daily

Got it. I think I'll leave it off for now and see how they do. The soil was still nice and wet this morning, so I don't think they'll be drying out too quickly.

So I’ve got all three Sour Jack above soil. One has completely opened and is looking great! Only one of the white cookie has popped out of the soil, the other two are not even close from what I can tell. Hoping they pop up soon. My humidity is really low, is that okay? Usiually hovering anywhere from 17-30%.
63B68D0E-26F6-44A8-8432-AF978A3A731C.jpeg
52C10A2F-49B7-49D3-A807-9D69B78CEFBC.jpeg

So I’ve got all three Sour Jack above soil. One has completely opened and is looking great! Only one of the white cookie has popped out of the soil, the other two are not even close from what I can tell. Hoping they pop up soon. My humidity is really low, is that okay? Usiually hovering anywhere from 17-30%.
63B68D0E-26F6-44A8-8432-AF978A3A731C.jpeg
52C10A2F-49B7-49D3-A807-9D69B78CEFBC.jpeg

Liftoff! Cheers to a good season my friend :). Subbed up, and welcome! Any questions about anything, feel free to slide me a PM!

If you use the topping/LST/ScroG method (which is my preference), it makes the timing of the flip less reliable, which can cause problems with timing a perpetual grow. For a more time reliable perpetual grow set-up, I would use Sea of Green, provided the shear number of plants isn't a deal breaker. Either way, I am interested in what these 315's can do...subbed in!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom