Anonymous 1st Grow - Litro Bulbs - Soil/Hydro - Shiva

Anonymous 669

Hello Peoples of cyberland,

After sitting on the sidelines for to long, my woman and I have decided to take a proactive approach to her medication. It has been close to 15 years since my hands were in the dirt and how I have missed it. On to the details;

What strain is it -- Shiva clones to start with Supper Lemon Haze and AK48 soon.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid -- The Shiva is a hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage -- Veg
If in Veg... -- Just starting
Indoor or outdoor -- This is an Indoor 12x12 Secret Jardin tent (more on this later)
Soil or Hydro -- The mothers will be soil while the flowers will be hydro
If soil... -- Coco fiber
If soil... What size pot -- 5gal smart Pots
Size of light -- Litro Glow T-8 32 Watt 5000k bulbs, A bank of 4 for Veg, A bank of 12 for Flower
Is it aircooled -- Yes, Aircon / Dehumidifier
Temp of Room/cab -- 75 degrees
RH of Room/cab -- 55%
PH of media or res -- 5.8
Type and strength of ferts used -- Pure blend pro

Ok now that that is out of the way here is the story and the concerns. This grow and everything needed for it is our Christmas / New years gift to ourselves, we saved up more then enough to make sure we do this correctly. What started out in plan to be a 4 x 4 tent in the second bedroom was super sized.
The local hydo shop had a 12 x 12 for sale at the same cost as the 4 x 4, now I like my plans but its hard when your woman is whispering in your ear "Go big or Go home"......Dam woman I tell you. So after 2 hours of cleaning and another 2 hours of set up I now have a 12 x 12 secret jardin tent in a bedroom just big enough to fit it.
Here in Hawaii heat can be an issue so we decided on a technology bulb called Litro, pretty interesting clams and spec's. They are T-8 bulbs so I can get real close to my babies and produce a spectrum similar to the sun. This will be my first grow under florescence and I am excited to see the results after looking at pictures from a previous grow using these bulbs.
Concerns -- The last two days my Rh has been bouncing all over as low as 40 and all the way up to 90. I think for now the clones will enjoy the humidity but later this will cause a problem so I will have to figure out a solution.

On to pictures......
First up Clones coming home in dixie cups
Grow_Week_1_20110105_0004.jpg

Grow_Week_1_20110105_0003.jpg

After transplant to 5gal Smart pots
Grow_Week_1_20110105_0005.jpg
Grow_Week_1_20110105_0006.jpg

Here is the box for the litro bulbs if your interested in the specs
Grow_Week_1_20110105_0002.jpg

I look forward to you comments and advice as this is a great community. Thanks for tuning in to my grow.
:surf:

Ok,

So a correction and an error. I have an 8x8 tent, it just feels like a 12x12. And I learned that Ph meters need to be calibrated before you use them. My meter was off my .5 on the low side so I watered with 6.4 instead of 5.9 however the plants did not seam to mind. Right now out of the 3 babies 1 is super strong, 1 is working hard and 1 is droopy. Almost time for watering. I will post up some pictures shortly.

Ok,

So 2 out of 3 have bounced back from the transplant and are looking great. 1 however is looking like it will be a runt of the litter, I will be watching in the following weeks. They got there first taste of 1/4 strength nutes last night and they are looking very healthy.

Temps -- 69 - 81
RH -- 55 -- 79
Ph run off -- 6.0
DSCN07843.jpg
DSCN07852.jpg

and the runt
DSCN07863.jpg

and the group
DSCN0788.jpg
DSCN07872.jpg

If I may suggest something: Your 5000K tubes emit quite a bit of green light. Your girls cannot use green light so a lot of the light you are giving them is wasted. If you are at all able, I would change them to 6500K and maybe throw in one 2700K tube for fuller spectrum. Just my thoughts.

Hi High,

Thank you for the input, I will look into it. I have a hydro store right around the corner and saw what these lights can produce without heat and the spectrum is near close to the sun. I will keep an eye on my growth compared to others that have started around the same time. The more I look at it as I have the room and ability to install HPS lights if I chose to do so flower time. Keep tuned in to see what happens lol........

Ok so last night the girls got there first taste of full strength nutes, however today the leaves are sagging and the tips are curling under. I am slightly worried but there is no discoloration and they have grown a whole set of leaves in one night. I will have to keep a close eye on them in case I need to flush.

25ml Pro blend grow
25ml karma

Ph -- 5.8
Temp 69 - 82
RH 55 - 78

Hi Folks,

So the girls are growing like weeds, which all things considering is a great thing. After last feeding 1 plant had it's tips curl so this week I kept the nutes at just below full strength, however the roots are popping out of the bottom of the smart pots so they are hungry. So this week I found out my PH meter is shot so I used my best guess and I will have to pick one up this coming week.

Temp - 80
Humidity - 65%
PH - ??? 5.0 - 7.0
Pro Grow and Karma for food this week
DSCN0798.jpg
DSCN0799.jpg
DSCN08002.jpg

and a slight problem with just 1 leaf on 1 plant...small yellowing dots. I think it is a cal/mag deficiency...any of the more experienced growers wish to chime in I would be grateful,
DSCN08021.jpg

Alright till next week my friends may your plants be be happy and grow well.

Aloha Bro New here but i use the same bulbs you have they rock here are a few pics of a small closet with nothing but 4 t-8 litro glow and a small fan dont wast money on growing!
IMG_08129.JPG
IMG_081111.JPG
IMG_080912.JPG
IMG_08087.JPG

Things are moving right along, I will post up pictures shortly. Right now the ladies are around 15 inches and bushing out nicely. I already see where I will chose clone sites. Good news I planted 5 new seeds....2x Jack 47.....2x Super Lemon Haze....1x Afrodite and they all came up 100% for the first time up I am so excited. They have there first set of leaves and I am just waiting a bit more to transplant them so they can become the mothers for my perpetual harvest. I am still having a small deficiency in nitrogen but they will be getting nutes today or tomorrow depending on soil moisture level.

Alright,

Have a lot going on and just about ready to put things into full swing. The room is coming along nicely, however I feel like I am out of room. I thought 8ft x 8ft would be huge and here I sit wishing i had more. The new Ebb n Gro system came in.
DSCN08231.jpg
DSCN08182.jpg

I should be running leak checks and Ph'ing this week. The new lighting fixtures for the flowering side should be installed later in the week. I need a way to clone.......I saw a cloner but they want a lot of money for something I think I can build myself.....

The plants are just amazing and after fixing a nitrogen problem I slightly burned them. I am glad the first batch is my test batch. I planted 5 seeds...2x Jack 47...2x SLH...and 1 Aphrodite. They all popped and look great. I need to transplant the last 2 in the next coming days.
DSCN08202.jpg
DSCN08211.jpg

My main plants..the shiva are 19 inches and getting bushy. Perfect for clones, I am so excited.
DSCN08221.jpg
DSCN08191.jpg

Ok so here is a question. I bought some molasses as I have seen it used through out the boards. When do you feed this to your plants? every watering. every other? Till next time

So after a trip to the hydro store to pick up everything needed for the flowering stage and a triple meter for Ph, TDS, Temp I realized just how expensive things get and fast. Tomorrow I shall be cleaning 100 liters of Hydoton..woo hoo looks like fun. I have been looking to build a aero cloner so that also is on the agenda for this week-end. I am trying to have my first yield by 4:20......One can hope right.

So after spending 2 days washing Hydoton.....:straightface: the room is completely setup minus the dividing wall which I am holding off on until i am ready to flower due to size constraints. I am having some issues with gnats but between GoGnats and sticky traps they are minimized although still annoying. I have been so busy this week between setting up the room and building a bubbleponic cloning station that i just want to relax for a day. Time for pictures.
DSCN08241.jpg

After taking clones
DSCN08251.jpg

The babies. Jack 47 and SLH
DSCN08261.jpg
DSCN08282.jpg

The cloning station
DSCN08291.jpg

These two are being brought back. I do not have the space however I have a few friends that expressed the desire for them. Jack 47 and SHL
DSCN08301.jpg
DSCN08311.jpg

Most growers would be happy to have THAT problem...that too many are still alive...LOL. You know, I planted 9 seeds and ended up with 7 females...I was thinking I'm going to get 5...so I'm running out of room as well brother. I just said to myself that I'll just keep them as is and if I don't get an awesome yield for EACH plant, I'm sure the overall yield will make up the difference.

Back
Top Bottom