Spider 432 LED Grow - Green Crack - Blue Dream - Strawberry Sour Diesel

GreenDemon

Well my 432 spider LED is in the mail and my new 3x3x6.5 tent is setup and ready to go.

I have an assortment of seeds but the ones I've settled on are Humboldt Blue Dream, Devils Harvest Strawberry Sour Diesel, and Humboldt Green Crack. Once my light arrives I will begin germination and start posting pictures.

I've read the blue dream is a beast of a plant so that will probably hog a great deal of the tent space. And since these are all sativa dominant strains I will have to figure out a good training strategy to keep them in line.

This is my first grow but I've spent many hours reading this forum and trying to plan as much as possible.

I'm using three 5 gallon buckets in a DWC setup with 6 inch baskets. Each bucket also has a top feed drip ring.

Air is supplied to the airstones and drip rings by a 18 Watt EcoPlus Air 1 commercial pump.

Nutrients will be the lucas formula via maxibloom powder.

For exhaust I'm using either a 6 or 8 inch duct fan (have to order) and passive intake openings on the tent. The tent will be in an air conditioned room that's 75 degrees. I also have a small fan to put in the tent for air circulation.

The only thing I'm not sure about is:

How many weeks I should veg before flower? Tent is 6 feet 6 inches tall. Buckets are a foot tall and light is supposed to be a foot away from plants. That leave me with about 4 1/2 feet. So flip to flower after 2 feet or can proper training let me grow them taller?

Which method to use as far as a trellis net/lst with wire/topping/pinching/fem etc? I'm leaning toward the net trellis but not sure about the topping.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Subscribed. Plants grown under LED light panels have a higher demand for calcium and magnesium, you will require a calcium and magnesium supplement for your plants. I use Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus as a calcium and magnesium supplement.

(click on the photograph for a direct link to the product)

I use Low Stress Training and Topping to produce larger plants with large colas and large harvests with a high gram per watt efficiency, you can see examples of how I train my plants in my Grow Journal and Reviews. I use rubber coated wire to tie down the branches to the outer rims of the pots.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

How long you decide to vegetate for is dependent on how fast your plants grow in the growing height you have available to flower in. You will want to allow 5"-6" of room above the 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light for proper ventilation. The 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light should have 40"-48" of light penetration from the LED light panel. With Low Stress Training and Topping you can train your plant to grow to a lower height with many the same length colas as a taller plant.

are you using R/O water ?

are you using R/O water ?

Unfortunately I am not, just tap water this time. I looked into getting one but with so many other items and expenses I decided to skip it on my first grow.

I also received my Spider light today. I'm very impressed with the build quality of this unit. I will skip pictures until its installed in the tent.

Now I begin seed germination! :joint:

Here is my 3x3 tent setup with the 432 Spider.
Light39.jpg

So far only my Blue Dream seed is going. Strawberry looks like its going to make it (fingers crossed) and green crack fizzled out. Working on sprouting another green crack seed now.

I made the classic newb mistake of fidgeting around with the seeds too much in the starter cubes. Causing some of the tap root break off the Strawberry and Green Crack seeds. The Blue Crack popped up so fast I though something was wrong with the other 2 strains. Lesson learned!

The blue dream will be several weeks ahead so I guess I will need to crop it pretty good in the future until the others catch up. It's a bit stretched because I only put it under the light about an hour ago.
BD114.jpg

And here is the Strawberry Sour Diesel putting up a fight! Hoping it makes it.
GC16.jpg

One of my plants appears to have nutrient burn. The newest leaves have yellowing and the first true set is drooping slightly.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I gave the plant a half strength dose of lucas formula a few days ago. I flushed it today. Anything else I should do?

I also had to tuck the stem down into the root plug because the plant wouldn't stay up on its own. This was from me waiting too long to put the plant under the led soon enough.

Sick25.jpg

Sick14.jpg

Sick32.jpg

Thanks KingJohnC. Definitely learning things the hard way my first grow!

To be safe, I will hold off on anything else until there are 4 sets of leaves (not counting cotyledons) then do half strength for 1 week.
Then after that go to the full dose. Does this sound like a good plan?
try not to be so aggressive with the nutes with seedlings ,
Your not actually helping them grow by supplying anymore than 10% the 'Normal adult plant would get & Then ramp up the %'s
very slowly till you see explosive growth & Then you can start getting close to what the MFGer states on the label .

seedlings have a onboard supply of energy that goes a long long way on only clean water & strong light

Thanks KingJohnC. Definitely learning things the hard way my first grow!

To be safe, I will hold off on anything else until there are 4 sets of leaves (not counting cotyledons) then do half strength for 1 week.
Then after that go to the full dose. Does this sound like a good plan?

I would begin by introducing 1/4 strength nutrients to your plants and see how they react before increasing the dosage.

Ok. So I should still wait until the 4th set of true leaves to start with 1/4 strength nutrients correct?

And not do any more fertilization on the burnt plant until all light spots are gone?

I've read conflicting instruction on supplying nutrients. For example, lucasformula.com says to use 50% strength (3.5 g/gallon maxibloom). This is what caused my problems to begin with. Only watered it once with this and flushed a few days later.

My problem plant is the blue dream, and now all the younger plants are catching up in size to it. So much for it being the bigger plant! I hope it survives!

Back
Top Bottom