Theycallmeash

Hi I need to pot on 2 of my plants, one has what seems to be a little mold on the surface of the soil it is dark green, all I can find is info on white mold, its only on the surface thanks

2njwlu8.jpg

It looks like moss to me now you guys mentioned moss, I will not be feeding these until the soil is near dried out, once dry, I'll pot on and then rotivate the top soil with a fork and the moss should die off yes? That's what I got so far lol cheers

Thanks for such a speedy reply!
To be completely honest I can not tell you what you have there but I can tell you how I would deal with that issue. 1st thing I would do is get a shop vac and when your soil has dried out some I would run the vac near the soil and gently with a fork break the area in question up so that it could be sucked into the vac. Then I would replace the soil I just removed with some fresh soil. I would also cut a piece of copper wire and strip the isolation off and place it into the soil. If it is moss it will not die off just because you allowed it to dry out, if that was the case, my roof at my house would not be covered with moss since it dries out all the time during the spring, summer and fall.

If it is actually a mold or fungi then you can find all kinds of products at your local grow shop that will address that issue as well as many DIY home remedies.

Your photos look much like mine, one clear photo and 2 fuzzy ones. What might help with taking a better picture is to place a small amount of the green infected material and place it on a white piece of paper and take a picture of that up close but make sure that it stays in focus.

OK mate I'll do exactly that and see what happens, I planted 2 of these at exactly the same time, the other one has done better, the are one 2 separate tents in the middle of 4 bigger plants, no other plant ts in my grow are showing this.

The issue with the pics is the fact that my I phone 6 broke a few weeks back and that was my phone, video recorder and camera all in one. Now I'm resorting to using my crappy kindle fire as a camera lol thanks for your speedy reply mate much appreciated I guess taking the affected soil away would be better than keeping it I have the fresh coco ready to replace anyway thanks again

Back
Top Bottom