How to get seeds from a mature feminized plant?

Happyjoy

hi everyone.
i have a question here. i tried looking around for an answer, but couldnt figure out how to search correctly.

bascially, i need to know if and how to get seeds from a mature, ready to be chopped, female plant.

i have a plant that came about by accident, from a hermied durban poison(dutch passion), and a maui waui (nirvana).
in my previous grow, those two plants were next to eachotehr in the grow room, and the durban hermied. later i found 1 seed on the maui waui.

so i figured i would try planting her
and it grew to be this current plant
DURBAN WAUI.
shes an awesome mix, the flowers are super duper dense, and i see charachters of both the durban and the maui waui.
also, she didnt hermie at all, even though the lighting conditions got messed up a bit here and there.

the durban waui grew out so nicely, shes ready to be chopped now, but i really want some way of keeping her going. (i dont have a constant veg room).

so is there some way that i can leave one bud on, and somehow stress her to make some seeds, even though shes already at end of flowering?

are there other ways?

thanks!

If it is ready for harvest it is too late. You need to start the process before you go to flower. Your only hope is to take a clone if you can find something suitable and try to flip it back to veg, it is called monster cropping but doing it after week 3 almost never works, but that is your only hope. Should have cloned it before you flipped it. Sorry I don't hae better news...

You can harvest most of it, reveg the plant, and do the pollination next time around.

thnks weasel.
so could you give me more details.
I would like to harvest her ASAP

how much do I need to leave in order to reveg?
can I cut off all the buds, and just leave main branches?
shoud I make sure to leave big fan leaves?

also, once it successfully reveges,
how do I go about making her seed herself, without a male around.
do I need to make crazy light schedules etc?

When I reveg a plant I leave about the bottom third with the small lower buds, and leave all possible foliage as well. I try not to have the medium too soaked at harvest (from flushing/whatever) or you're going to have a much reduced plant sitting in a wet pot. It won't transpire nearly as much as it did before and could have root issues. Just put it back in the veg space and it should start to reveg with a couple weeks.
As for how to produce seeds- probably best if you do some googling. If you don't have a male or some other source of pollen then you'll have to get some. You can force the female to grow nanners using colloidal silver- a fairly easy diy to make the stuff, or you can probably buy it- there's plenty of info on that in the forum as well. I could type a bunch of stuff, but I'm a slow typer and in the time I spend doing that- google could turn up many things.

Back
Top Bottom