12 Plant Scrog

So full flower mode now! More cleaning under screen and full strength nutes.

10348.jpg

11967.jpg

12352.jpg

killer plants and setup! I have a question if you don't mind humoring. That string grid that runs above the top of your plants what is its function? Is it a stress training thing to tie branches down so they can grow at different angles? I have seen them on other grows online and assumed it was for something of that nature but that does not appear to be how its being used here. If its not too much trouble droppin a lil wisdom on me and elaborating on that 4 me a lil bit id be very interested to know. Thanks!

Amazing set up and plants, scrog like a boss. This is my first post on the site and don't know if I can +rep you yet but I will when I can. :goodjob:

killer plants and setup! I have a question if you don't mind humoring. That string grid that runs above the top of your plants what is its function? Is it a stress training thing to tie branches down so they can grow at different angles? I have seen them on other grows online and assumed it was for something of that nature but that does not appear to be how its being used here. If its not too much trouble droppin a lil wisdom on me and elaborating on that 4 me a lil bit id be very interested to know. Thanks!

The idea is to get the plant to grow like a bonsai tree. By getting the shoots and branches to grow horizontally vs vertically. When a branch is growing horizontally it allows what would have been small nugs to become tops. This method of growing, for me, creates a lot of really nice tops. My average last run was 8 oz per plant! Basically you only want bud sites above screen and nothing under screen. I learned the hard way last time about leaving shoots and small bud sites under screen. Also from what I am learning on this one the more you clean off under the more grows above. I have seen many people do this many ways and they are all right if they are getting the results they want. Some people use the screen to hold heavy buds but IMHO that's missing the point of a scrog. Basically If you think about what a sea of green looks like then envision the same thing with alot less plants. I am far from having this perfected but I am learning and getting better with every run. I have learned from many people here about various growing methods but I really learned and understood a scrog from drfever. Actually this is a model of one of his grows.

Green mojo and happy grow!

Your SCRoG is unbelievable. :bravo: Every time I see a new pic im bolwn away.:dreamy:
What do you think it cost you to do a run like this in Nutes,electric, etc.? Its gotta be a chunk of change. ;)

I'm actually trying to figure that out. At this point I'm thinking about $2200 per run. Nutes are about 1200, elec 800, and 200 for pro mix and misc. these a rough estimates. It's tough to know exactly as I'm not the most detailed person with expenses. The 1200 nute cost is really a projection on next run. I am running aptus additives with heavy 16 base on second side. I bought a bundle for 1100 plus cal mag, ph adjuster and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

So all told I've invested close to 15k in the room between equipment and build out. I'm estimating 2000/ month operating cost and a return of 7 pounds every 4-5 weeks. So yeah it's a big investment in money and time but it will pay off!

So I've had a lot of requests to see dual bulb hoods. Basically I took a big kahuna and moved the original light. Then I made new brackets out of angle iron with holes. This is sold at any Home Depot etc. cuts easily with tin snips. I pre drilled holes and used self tapping screws. All told about $6 each for the mod. If anyone needs more info I'm happy to answer.

18162.jpg

19150.jpg

20126.jpg

21501.jpg

Your plants and your grow are simply spectactular Maine!

Back
Top Bottom