CKS White Widow - 1800 Watt - Hydro - Scrog

day 8 of veg just alittle update, the girls seem alittle better today, hopefully we are going in the right direction now. this morning i pinched a couple of tops and they have responded well so far. the plan is to FIM all the plants and get them about 12 inches tall then introduce them to the netting and get them to start going horizontal.
IMG_192917.JPG
IMG_192821.JPG
IMG_192722.JPG

Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my WWs. Seems like just a few days ago, my girls were the same size as yours. Wish I had room to grow as many as you have. I'm sure my growing situation is quite different than yours. So do you scrog the whole lot or do you try to ScrOG them individually? Are you seeing any signs of roots on those cubes? When will you drop them in buckets or whatever hydro system you use?

hey J Washington welcome to my grow room. as this is my first grow EVER i am open to any criticism. i plan to scrog all the plants together in one big net. as far as the 6 inch rockwool, i have not seen any roots yet but i think its a tad early to see them. i plan to just keep them in the rockwool as there final resting spot. i have a friend who does this with great success. if there are any concern with anything i have just described to you please let me know your opinion, as it will make me a better farmer lol:high-five:

Day of 12 Veg. Currently i am feeding them every 48 hours, last feeding was 450 ppm. Tomorrow afternoon i will be bumping it up to 500ppm. Im using FloraNova Grow, Rapid Start, Flouralicious Plus and hydrogen peroxide. Also the lower leaves like first and second sets are drooping and drying a bit, seems they are not getting enough light because the upper fan leaves are blocking, is this normal and something i shouldnt be too concerned about?
IMG_194016.JPG
IMG_194118.JPG
IMG_193826.JPG

i have a question for the advanced grower out there. as i said before my plan is to grow these plants for about 4-5 weeks of veg then flower them. i was originally going to leave them in the 6 inch rockwool only, but is there any benefit if i was to fill my table with a layer of hydroton? will my plants grow bigger? better yield? i know the saying is "more roots more shoot" , so will this allow the roots to keep growing beyond the rockwool and grow a bigger plant?

we tried a similar technique with perlite and it made the plants hard to water properly and the perlite grew a bunch of algae and who knows what else. I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Wow Weat Coast!!!! You've got it going on in here man!

I just recently harvested a White Widow and I was underwhelmed with my abilities to make the most of her potential. So, if you don't mind me, I'm going to join this awesome group of people and assume the position in the corner under clouds of marijuana.

You da man!

:adore:

:high-five:

Hey Dwar. Looks really great so far. If I hadn't read the text and just looked at the pics I would have assumed you were a veteran grower not a first timer. Great organization and set up. You have the means to really kill it here and the plants are looking like they will be happy to oblige. I'll take a seat next to arteekay and bogart his joint then act hurt when he asks for it back.

Meh, just keep it Shigs, I'll keep firing up new ones till you either pass it on or run out of places to hold 'em. :)

thx Justalittle i will keep that in mind :thumb:

Yup at the beginning they are very. But as time goes by they can handle a heavy payload. Especially if you plan on mainlining or SCROG'n.
I have WW from CK's on the go and doing SCROG as well. (click "my journal" in my signature below) My WW is way more vigorous then my CK blueberries. She can handle quite a bit of punishment and nutes when you're in her later vegg'n periods. She will soak it up and grow a inch over night. ;) It's actually surprising to me how much she's handling. My last feeding was at 750 ppms and she just absorbed it like a sponge and licked her lips after.. :) (so I'm going to give her more on the next feeding period. :) )

WW can be compared to northern lights when growing. WW's are very vigorous,non-susceptible to pathogens and diseases, and she loves to be topped and SCROG'd. Even super cropped. WW's always bounce back and ontop of this, she's a very potent strain and huge yielder. So all in all, she is a perfect strain for beginners. But I can tell you know how to do your homework.:thumb: First grow you say? Impressive work so far:goodjob:. I think I do see a bit of mold growing on some of those cubes. You should keep an eye on that..
As for your question about the lights. 20 " with a air cooled system is fine & optimal. Here is a chart to show you specific light distances. Although 600 watts is not on there. You can average it out from 400 watts and 1000 watts. Therefor making 20" optimal.
marijuana_chart.jpg

BTW, :welcome: to :420:. Nice to me you, and & if you need anything feel free to ask. I'm sure you'll get a response from one of us within minutes of posting. :Namaste: (just gonna pull up and chair for this one). Looks like we have some good potential in the house :cheer: :popcorn:

Hey westcoast, plants arelooking good. I'm in for this....... It works out good as I'm on day 33- 34 with my blueberry in DWC bubbler, I have also 5 Sativa at day 5 from seed not sure what strain but it was good smoke the last time buddy had it. And day 9 or so on my white widows they are just showing second set of leaves, I just put them in 2" pots with straight perlite AND 1/8 nutes today as there stretch was getting away on me, But to early for full DWC IMO.
Looking forward to do some comparisons with you as these babies grow.

Back
Top Bottom