1st Afghani CFL Grow - Pics - Advice Welcome

Hey Jason,are u in the UK? Reason I ask,once I'm done with this grow,soon,I'll be buying a new tent.the 1 I have now is brand new,only been used 4 this grow.if u want I will give u this tent 4 free.totally up 2 u dude,but I'll not need the tent once I'm done.no point in asking 4 money of u,as it was only £50 new.an u def look like u need a decent set up asap:thumb: if u do live in uk,i could send it 2 any address u give,doesnt have 2 be ur address dude

Yeah I have a little hand personal battery powered one I worked to run by a cell charger. I'll keep ya posted.

And snakelad awwwwww man that'd be so gnarly =D
..... but I live in the states Texas matter of fact. It'd be so cool if we could still arrange that. Wiw wasn't expecting to get so much help or support :D

M1 is right.pm me jawon an if I can get u this tent,I will.but I'm not paying big money 2 have it shipped m8 2 the states.I'll stay on ur thread an watch ur grow.if there's anything u wana ask,don't be afraid buddy:thumb:

M1 is right.pm me jawon an if I can get u this tent,I will.but I'm not paying big money 2 have it shipped m8 2 the states.I'll stay on ur thread an watch ur grow.if there's anything u wana ask,don't be afraid buddy:thumb:

good looking out :bravo:

Finally a thread I can comment on with some experience!

You might want to bring the plant closer to those bulbs. One of the best things about growing with CFLs is you can place the light a few inches away from the plant without it getting too hot, especially since you have a fan. And it really helps. The worst thing that will ever happen is a leaf getting burn by actually touching the bulb.

You should also consider making some 'hoods' for the CFLs you have above the plant. A beer/soda can works perfectly for this. Cut the side of the can from top to bottom. Then cut the can so you can spread the sides out (making a hood shape). Finally cut the top of the can (around the opening for your mouth) just large enough to screw the bulb into the socket. It will help direct the light down instead of everywhere. I can send ya a picture if you'd like.

One arm Steve,u sound as though uve been going through the threads completely busting 2 get ur hands on a complete beginner,the start of ur post really made me smile:Namaste:

I would say ur young plants will be OK buddy.my super skunk looked dead as a sprout.I was near ready 2 bin it,now its a grt plant.trust me jawon,it won't be long b4 they are little bushy plants,an ull quickly 4get about them lookin droopy now,as Steve said,put that cfl as close 2 the plants as poss.I'm talking almost touching,but not.this is my 1st grow also,so don't have any experience,I'll get another fella 2 nip over now an have a look buddy,but I honestly think ur ok:thumb: also,in afew weeks wen they are bigger u WILL get some yellow leaves,this is just an auto thing,they get a little burnt,so dont worry about that,its completely normal

Subscribed. Going to read from the beginning see what we got going on here.

Ok 1 big breath.

Your plants are drooping from overwatering. The cfl needs to be 1-2 inch max. Mine are 1 inch away and moved everyday via a plant yoyo. 3-4 inches is right out. Thats just to far for a light that doesnt have great penetration to begin with. The MH bulb is pretty good so if you are getting a 100 watt mh that will be enough for 2 plants in veg but if you are adding lights you may want to go a bit higher then 100 watts if you desire more plants. If you grow to many plants under underpowered light your yields will suck your buds are gonna be like cotton candy(not in a good way) They will be all light and airy with not much substance to them. Also lowlight will cause more plant to exhibit both sexes(Hermaphrodite)

Oh almost forgot. Your plants are staring to show nitrogen deficiency. The color of green of a health marijuana plant is kelly green. Kelly green is a Dark green almost bluish hue to it. When your leaves start looking lime green(little bit of green with yellow hue. Im sure you knew this but just explaining)It is time for a dose of Nitrogen. If a plant needs nitrogen already that means the seed wasnt totally viable. With someone who would sprout 200-300 seedlings they cull those outbecause at that level they are choosing the best looking ones to grow out. We dont generally have the luxury to have that stock of seed so we got to nurse them back to health. Id recommend 100ppm nutrient. If you dont have a ppm meter then just use 1/5 of the amount stated on a nutrient bottle. Feel free to let it progress and see if it grows out of it or not. But plants that color already usually grow very slow or die so give it a little nitrogen. You want it to say watersoluable nitrogen. Anything that says available is time released.(These are terms used on nutrient bottles)

Thank u Joe,good 2 see u hear.u read an see wot input u can provide,I've a lot of messages 2 get through,so I'll be over 2 ur thread soon buddy 4 a wee chat

Ha thanks for all the advice ... From everyone Lol.
The lights are about a 1inch away If that. And thanks about the nitrogen def. I was thinking that today ..well a few minutes ago cause I just got home from work and noticed the color. I went to planet k a while while back and bought some nutes called age old organic
and I bought the age old grow 12- 6 - 6.
Would this help or is it tooo young try it on.

12-6-6 is to strong for a seedling. Use 1/6th of the recommended dose or your seedlings will burn

Ha thanks for all the advice ... From everyone Lol.
The lights are about a 1inch away If that. And thanks about the nitrogen def. I was thinking that today ..well a few minutes ago cause I just got home from work and noticed the color. I went to planet k a while while back and bought some nutes called age old organic
and I bought the age old grow 12- 6 - 6.
Would this help or is it tooo young try it on.

Well ultimately they are your plants. Everything else is advice and many people will offer differing advice. Bottom line do what makes sense to you.

Back
Top Bottom