1st Afghani CFL Grow - Pics - Advice Welcome

They are small plants so dont give to much nutrient. If you buy a bottle of veg nutrients or something only use 1/4 strength then build up from there. You can use your urine as well but I dont know your diet so I couldnt say if it will be a excellent supply but it will keep them alive. Dilute it with 5 or 6 times more water if you do that and dont have it touch the leaves or they will burn. Best to buy something if you can

Alright then
I'll see where these nutes take this little one. It maybe the strain or more lights than normally but the little nodes where leaves form like in the 4th and 5th picture actually are coming in. Normally it'll be a bit taller before it really grows

Make sure no leaves are touching the soil for to long or else you they have a better chance of being attacked by mold and developing necrosis on any parts touching the soil. Also the leaves have pours and breath just as we do. So when the leaves are in the dirt they get dirt on them and when that happens they cant breath as well. I clean them periodically with qtips and things like that. yours are to small for all of that but just rinse any dirt off and keep em off the soil give them some nitrogen as you did and they will recover.

IMG_20140418_153418_198.jpg
IMG_20140418_153356_927.jpg
IMG_20140418_153347_405.jpg
Update and question

Could I clone it yet in case it starts to die.

No not yet. Also why would you want to clone a plant so young? It be Faster and higher yield to grow from seed. Also you dont know if its a male or female yet. You should clear out those yellow and dieing leaves below the upper leaves. This plant isnt the healthiest but it will recover and is closer to healthy then dead. You dont want to clone a unhealthy plant because you will transfer those problems to the clone and the clone may not root as it would be starting out dieing and with deficiency . Lets just focus on this plant first to keep it alive.

Did you give them nitrogen like I suggested? Really thats all you should do for now. The leaves wont come in yellow if there is enough nitrogen in the soil.

At this early stage in the plants life there isnt to much you can do with them. They are very fragile at this point

Back
Top Bottom