1st Grow: 2 x Feminized Blue Treacle Auto

Quick pic update.
Still going strong growing quite rapidly everyday.
Due a feed tomorrow.
Collage_2016-11-15_19_20_04.jpg
20161115_191617_HDR.jpg

I would like to top them both to get more colas. But I have read on ------------ quote "For example when growing auto-flowering strains you can't manipulate timelines and it's generally advised not to damage the plant since they have such a short life and that could result in stunting. So for auto-flowering plants, the main option is just bending and securing. "
Link is here
https://www.------------.com/cannabis-plant-training#topping-and-fimming
So I am unsure what to do, any advice or tips would be appriciated.

Alex, i was chatting with thebeast27 on topping autos just the other day. He is a super good auto grower.
he has an auto topping thread too .It can be done on the 3rd node after it is too late.

I was reading a few threads about topping autos, and it can be a risk to overall yield the reason for this is:

When a plant is old enough to top (usually 2-3 weeks) it will be already in the pre-flower stage, because the plant has to divert energy to recover from topping it can greatly reduce the bud growth in the end as the plant will be ready to harvest but the buds will be slightly dwarfed from having to recover.
This makes perfect sense to me, but wait and see if theres a auto expert that can chime in and lend a hand.
Like angry bird said, have a look at thebeast27's thread regarding this.

I have opted to do some LST this morning. The pictures below are about 12 hours after LST.
I did not want to top as this is my first grow, I do not really feel comfortable doing this, I may consdier it for my next attempt. I will have a look at the thread you meantioned.
Thank you
20161116_091738_HDR.jpg
20161116_193048_HDR.jpg
20161116_193050_HDR.jpg

They're looking great! I tried LST for the first time last night. I was a little skeptical about it but done read so many good reviews I had to try it.

Happy Growing!!

Sent from BigRed using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It is scary to top on your first grow, only do so when yo feel ok doing it.It is something to think about and then it will mature in you. My first auto is un topped, and I have topped a regular plant.
Topping an auto is so "right on time" type of thing and if you mess it up it is bad.
:circle-of-love:

It is scary to top on your first grow, only do so when yo feel ok doing it.It is something to think about and then it will mature in you. My first auto is un topped, and I have topped a regular plant.
Topping an auto is so "right on time" type of thing and if you mess it up it is bad.
:circle-of-love:

Thanks there's no topping going on here especially not on a Auto I'm way to uncomfortable to top an auto. Like you said it has to be done on such a crucial time.

All I've done is just a little LST to see what happens. Hoping for good things

Sent from BigRed using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom