1st Grow - 5x Auto Super Hash + 1x Auto Sugar Mango Ryder - Help?

I made what I believe to be solid attempts at FIM, a supercrop, and I topped the Sugar Mango. so 3 out of the 9 total that I have right now have been using different techniques, I'm not very educated on these, so any tips to help yield, just received mail that tax return will be within 3 weeks though, so I will have at least one new light, and be able to create my new much cooler area, and also transfer to larger pots and have a catch tray of some sort... until then they will be fine, they look good now.

my "topped" mango

topMango.jpg

"supercropped" Super Hash

superCrop7.jpg

"FIM" Super Hash

fimHash.jpg

I tried supercropping on my smallest plant by far, it's pretty tiny compared to the rest of the girls, so I'm curious to see how it turns out

So I'm having problems, I overwatered I believe, so I haven't watered in 3 days, might let them go one more day too... but four of my plants aren't looking very good. Two seem to have these small holes, and 3 of those 4 have goldish markings on them. Basic information... I misted the leaves the day before this all happened, stupidly it was not at the beginning of the day when the light wasn't hot, also, the spray bottle I used had bleach in it previously, so I thought maybe I hadn't rinsed it out well enough... And now 5 days after that spray they still look bad so I'm thinking it must be something else, if anybody can help ASAP that would be awesome.

Dots...

WP_20140207_09_17_54_Smart.jpg

Gold "rust"...

WP_20140207_09_17_38_Smart.jpg

Holes...

WP_20140207_09_17_24_Smart.jpg

Hi there fellow grower... Nice little grow you have there

Those spots on the leaves could be caused by water spots. When the light shines it gets magnified and burns leaves... Happens to all plants really. Other than that it all looks green n dandy

Good luck on your journey. :Namaste:

Hi there fellow grower... Nice little grow you have there

Those spots on the leaves could be caused by water spots. When the light shines it gets magnified and burns leaves... Happens to all plants really. Other than that it all looks green n dandy

Good luck on your journey. :Namaste:

K, where it looks like it could of been bugs (the holes) is what I attributed to the water spots... the gold dots on some of the leaves that seems realistic but what about the middle picture? It's not like precise dots like the rest. Side note... the texture of the leaves doesn't change between spots and green.

Those holes do look funny... On a bigger screen now, so i can see better...

Kinda do look like they have been munched a bit.., the ragged edges seem to point that way...

I will see if i can get some more people who more experienced on problems to have a looksie

Take it easy :peace:

I second king John's note to look for bugs. They can be very tiny, so look close at the underside of the leaves. The rusty looking leaves are pretty close to what I see from overfeeding, but the chart that KingJohn posted can be pretty useful.

It's a lot easier to overfeed than to underfeed, in most cases.

I second king John's note to look for bugs. They can be very tiny, so look close at the underside of the leaves. The rusty looking leaves are pretty close to what I see from overfeeding, but the chart that KingJohn posted can be pretty useful.

It's a lot easier to overfeed than to underfeed, in most cases.

I def overfed, that much I know and understand the bugs part is tough that's what I was really concerned with, checking now

I would say the dots and the rough edges are insect related, dont have much info on the yellow/gold discoloring as I think that could be nutrient or ph related. White flies are very very small at first. they lay there eggs on the under side of leaves and when the larva awake they march around down there and suck the chlorophyll out of individual plant cells which in turn kills the cell and leaves a white spot on the opposite side of the leave. Once the cell is drained they move to the next one over which will create the larger white spots. These are very very hard to spot and they can get out of control extremely quickly. Look for what looks like rings the size of a head of a pin on the under side of lower leaves (usually yellow ones they are attracted to yellow) these will indicate that eggs have been laid and hatched. if you find these treat immediately with the SNS product for white flies. Also yellow sticky cards will attract white flies and other insects to them that you normally wouldn't see. As for the rough leaf damage that looks to be more of a chewing insect and I am not familiar with any of those varieties for MJ unfortunately. Use mosquito dunks broken up and added to soil as a pest deterrent if you cant get SNS neem oil is available at most garden centers and will help prevent most leaf dwelling insect.

I would say the dots and the rough edges are insect related, dont have much info on the yellow/gold discoloring as I think that could be nutrient or ph related. White flies are very very small at first. they lay there eggs on the under side of leaves and when the larva awake they march around down there and suck the chlorophyll out of individual plant cells which in turn kills the cell and leaves a white spot on the opposite side of the leave. Once the cell is drained they move to the next one over which will create the larger white spots. These are very very hard to spot and they can get out of control extremely quickly. Look for what looks like rings the size of a head of a pin on the under side of lower leaves (usually yellow ones they are attracted to yellow) these will indicate that eggs have been laid and hatched. if you find these treat immediately with the SNS product for white flies. Also yellow sticky cards will attract white flies and other insects to them that you normally wouldn't see. As for the rough leaf damage that looks to be more of a chewing insect and I am not familiar with any of those varieties for MJ unfortunately. Use mosquito dunks broken up and added to soil as a pest deterrent if you cant get SNS neem oil is available at most garden centers and will help prevent most leaf dwelling insect.

I checked and didn't see anything still, but I made a purchase and I will have stuff in on Tuesday... I got

Bonide Ready to use Neem Oil spray 32 oz
Garden Safe Insecticidal Soap
Safer Brand Sticky Stake traps
81i6k_-RQAL_SL1500_.jpg

A 240 CFM 6" fan with Carbon Filter
6" Ducting
240 CFM 6" fan
36x36 grow tent

After my first harvest I plan on buying a 50x50 tent and another light, but for now since I have 6 auto's and 3 photo's that are still seedlings I plan on just runnign them 18-6 until harvest and allowing the photo's to fill out nicely before putting them into my new 50x50 flowering tent.

I just need to decide which size pots I'm transferring into, which I will most likely do today.

well sounds like you have pest control covered lol You really cant be to careful when it comes to insect issues. White flies can get so bad that they will have clouds of them around your plants and it can take as little as two weeks to get to that point from the first sighting depending on the conditions. No one wants to smoke little dead bug bodies :-(

Back
Top Bottom