1st Grow - 5x Auto Super Hash + 1x Auto Sugar Mango Ryder - Help?

The best effort you can put forth really is just to inspect the plants daily. The more time you spend with them the more little things you notice. be on the look out for strange damage spots eggs larva as you're doing your daily tending duties. You can also use Diatomaceous earth to cover the the soil with. Spreading a thin layer of this around each plant will prevent soil dwelling insects from infecting your ladies as well. The stuff is cheap and you can get it at any home and garden center dont get the type for pool filters. No chemicals its like a forest of glass for insects. the electronic things barely work and most likely wont work for any of these variety of insects anyways.

The best effort you can put forth really is just to inspect the plants daily. The more time you spend with them the more little things you notice. be on the look out for strange damage spots eggs larva as you're doing your daily tending duties. You can also use Diatomaceous earth to cover the the soil with. Spreading a thin layer of this around each plant will prevent soil dwelling insects from infecting your ladies as well. The stuff is cheap and you can get it at any home and garden center dont get the type for pool filters. No chemicals its like a forest of glass for insects. the electronic things barely work and most likely wont work for any of these variety of insects anyways.

Thank you I will definitely look into that, I removed a few really damaged leaves, the problem hasn't seem to have spread any further, as long as they hold on until tuesday when I get all my new supplies

got the tent set up, did not set up carbon filter, since it will be used in my flowering tent, and obviously need more ducting and the inline fan, right now I have the flaps open, with a small fan pushing air up and one 240 CFM fan extracting air.

WP_20140210_21_15_05_Smart_1_.jpg
WP_20140210_21_15_19_Smart_1_.jpg
WP_20140210_21_15_40_Smart_1_.jpg
WP_20140210_21_18_22_Smart_1_.jpg

Of course had enough soil for 8 plants, not the 9th :( back out tomorrow...

And transplanting was terrible, I really think I'm losing at the very least one of these plants :(

Idk what the hell is going on, missing money from my tax return, not much, just like 200$ and another 500$ from my state... when I get that I'll buy the 2nd tent, and more light... few questions...

1. I have my 36 x 36 and want it to be my Veg tent... I have passive intake by rolling up the flaps, and a 240 CFM exhaust fan, the temps are near perfect, and there isn't enough room for 9 pots and another 6" fan, so should I get something to introduce more air at a higher rate? Or just leave it if it works?

2. In that 36 x 36 tent would it be a better choice to buy CFL or LED over 160$ HPS set-up? It must be more energy effecient.

3. For veg I'm trying to decide if I want a 50 x 50 tent, or to get something closer to 8 feet by 4 feet and add two HPS lights for flowering? Judging by the plants being crammed into the 36 x 36, and noting that 6 of those are autoflowers and not as big as my other veg plants will become I'm a bit concerned with space. Then again I don't know how many plants I will have going at a single time, however within the next 2 weeks or so I do want to drop 3 more seeds, and I can solo cup them for a couple weeks but I will need to get that space. that's 12, which clearly wouldn't all fit in the smaller tent, but the 50 x 50 should hold 16 plants and leave a couple inches of wiggle room. should I go for more? or a different design maybe? rectangle over square?

Hey man I don't use a tent and can't answer most of your questions. But HPS will own anything else for the same amount of watts so I think it is the most energy efficient :peace:

Sort of what I was thinking, trying to find out if the difference in yield/energy usage is maximized. The yield itself is second to quality for me at this stage, being early grows I want to learn as much as I can before I worry about producing very large crops.

So I'm thinking 84 of the traditional light bulb is the way to go lmao

600 watt HPS is the most efficient also correct? I'm thinking a 600 watt at 75% would be enough for the 36 x 36 tent. I have a 600 watt at 100% power right now in there. having the option to tone it down is something I like with my first light, I don't think I'd be able to run three 600 watt bulbs realistically... but it's what I would need in a larger grow area right? One more 600 watt bulb would be fine for the 50 x 50 tent but not much bigger right?

There are more factors to take into account when switching to HI lighting. yes they produce more lumens for the watts but they also generate an increased amount of heat as well. If temps are an issue you may be asking for a larger investment than you realize. Although I know people who grow in cold conditions who use the HPS lights as a heater to keep the room at the right temp and provide all the light they need. Do your research , read a lot. You'll find out what works best. But if you have a shadow of a doubt dont waste your money until you're sure. the green stuff is hard to come by these days.

Idk what the hell is going on, missing money from my tax return, not much, just like 200$ and another 500$ from my state... when I get that I'll buy the 2nd tent, and more light... few questions...

1. I have my 36 x 36 and want it to be my Veg tent... I have passive intake by rolling up the flaps, and a 240 CFM exhaust fan, the temps are near perfect, and there isn't enough room for 9 pots and another 6" fan, so should I get something to introduce more air at a higher rate? Or just leave it if it works?

2. In that 36 x 36 tent would it be a better choice to buy CFL or LED over 160$ HPS set-up? It must be more energy effecient.

3. For veg I'm trying to decide if I want a 50 x 50 tent, or to get something closer to 8 feet by 4 feet and add two HPS lights for flowering? Judging by the plants being crammed into the 36 x 36, and noting that 6 of those are autoflowers and not as big as my other veg plants will become I'm a bit concerned with space. Then again I don't know how many plants I will have going at a single time, however within the next 2 weeks or so I do want to drop 3 more seeds, and I can solo cup them for a couple weeks but I will need to get that space. that's 12, which clearly wouldn't all fit in the smaller tent, but the 50 x 50 should hold 16 plants and leave a couple inches of wiggle room. should I go for more? or a different design maybe? rectangle over square?

1) your vegetative tent is working well as you have it now

2) i would chose an efficient LED panel or High Intensity Discharge lights with a Metal Halide light for vegetative growth.

3) a larger room for flowering would let you grow larger size plants and you should have a larger harvest.

You can check the forum sponsors for LED lights and other equipment

Sponsors | 420 MAGAZINE ®

1) your vegetative tent is working well as you have it now

2) i would chose an efficient LED panel or High Intensity Discharge lights with a Metal Halide light for vegetative growth.

3) a larger room for flowering would let you grow larger size plants and you should have a larger harvest.

You can check the forum sponsors for LED lights and other equipment

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

so I'm seeing what looks like a LED panel covers about a 5 foot by 5 foot space? So If I spent 200$ on two LED lights I could light a 4 foot by 8 foot tent, with more energy efficient lighting than adding two 600 watt HPS. So what type of LED fixture should I be looking for, and colors or any other information I'd need to know?

Most of the large LED panels cover a 4'x4' grow area. Most LED manufacturers use their own proprietary formula to determine which actual LED's they use.

After looking over it I'm not sure if LED will be something I go with due to expenses, it would be pricey to light a 4x8 flowering room... I have a big update coming, I switched the light over to HPS, we are one full month in on the first 6 plants. The Sugar Mango is a bit behind, I topped it a 2nd time, probably too late, about a week or so ago. Pretty large image update coming in a few minutes though.

Back
Top Bottom