1st Grow - Ebb-N-Grow : Afghan Kush, White Widow, Bag Seed!

Bull S*it...ANOTHER MALE!!! White Widow

MJ_799_1.jpg

Down to 1 left guys. Think it's a female...
Here's the solo "girl"
MJ_805_1.jpg

And just running a little "experiment" here. This male has been out of the ebb system now for three days. No additional water, just the moisture that's contained in the Sure to Grow. Looks like it's starting to go, but it would appear that the STG insert holds a good deal of water?

MJ_801_1.jpg

I guess now that I'm down to only 6 plants (from 10) that my lighting question really isn't relevant. The foot print of the plant canvas has shrunk substantially.

Oh well. Live and Learn. No more regular seed purchases for me.

Have a great day.

SF

I only buy femm'd seeds now. I'd rather a 10% chance of herm than 50/50 chance of male/female.

Then I clone the known good female and get 0% male and have never had a clone herm on me.

Also about you 3 days out of ebb/gro statement>... Was it under the HID light or sitting in the dark or ambient room lighting? That has a major impact on how that medium water gets used up.

SF, lookin nice man. As far as the ez cloner goes, do a google search for DIY ez cloner and will take u to another site with a great tech on how to build one, cost is about 50 bucks, and it works great. If u can't find the link PM me and ill send it to u.

Hey PP4Fun. Thanks for stopping by! I'm going to sound so "snooty" here, but I know my limitations, I'm so not a DIY guy. And taking the time to build something, ahhh, not so much. But I appreciate you thinking this way! If you find the link, please post it up here for anyone to see, it might be something they wish to tackle!

Also, I was wondering if the empty bucket in the pictures was still connected to the E and G. If so, check and make sure the pots down the line are flooding all the way, the manuel also says that its possible to overflow this way. Just tryin to look out fer ya.

Good question. Yes currently the 6 remaining buckets are empty. I've watched them go through several cycles and no overflowing as of yet. But since you mentioned this, I'm probably going to pull a couple of lines and cap them off, it'll give me more room in there and I'll be able to remove the buckets!

Thanks man!!! Appreciate the input!
Hope you hang around.

SF

I only buy femm'd seeds now. I'd rather a 10% chance of herm than 50/50 chance of male/female.

Then I clone the known good female and get 0% male and have never had a clone herm on me.

B.

I got so caught up in the "marketing" hype of the WW on one of the websites. I remember seeing how much cheaper the regular seeds were. I'm laughing because looking back (Nov 09), I didn't even know that you could have Male plants and Female plants.

I guess I have to just chalk this up as one of the steps in the learning process, and now I can say I've MASTERED the art of purchasing regular seeds, ;-)

Thanks man. Glad your on my shoulder!
SF

Hey PP4Fun. Thanks for stopping by! I'm going to sound so "snooty" here, but I know my limitations, I'm so not a DIY guy. And taking the time to build something, ahhh, not so much. But I appreciate you thinking this way! If you find the link, please post it up here for anyone to see, it might be something they wish to tackle!

Good question. Yes currently the 6 remaining buckets are empty. I've watched them go through several cycles and no overflowing as of yet. But since you mentioned this, I'm probably going to pull a couple of lines and cap them off, it'll give me more room in there and I'll be able to remove the buckets!

Thanks man!!! Appreciate the input!
Hope you hang around.

SF

You can flip the buckets upside down if they are not mid line to another site that needs water. Gravity will not allow the water to go up the line to the fill connector which is now above the controllers water line. I've done it this way. If you are worried about it tipping over set a brick on top.

6 outlets on that bucket in the E&G...one line each...nice. I would not go over 15 minute fill cycles, since they will fill fast. You can also go with about 20 gallons in the res...saving the nutes. So now, hopefully, with the WW staying a girl, you will be able to veg to a greater highth. I would let em go for a while longer to make up for the loss in plants. You can still get alot out of those girls!

Also about you 3 days out of ebb/gro statement... Was it under the HID light or sitting in the dark or ambient room lighting? That has a major impact on how that medium water gets used up.

Ahhh, great point!!! It was/is sitting in the other room, lights out. Obviously not the same conditions under the light "drying" up that water (evaporation?).

6 outlets on that bucket in the E&G...one line each...nice. I would not go over 15 minute fill cycles, since they will fill fast. You can also go with about 20 gallons in the res...saving the nutes. So now, hopefully, with the WW staying a girl, you will be able to veg to a greater highth. I would let em go for a while longer to make up for the loss in plants. You can still get alot out of those girls!

Yup.. And I would lst her outward as much as possible. Getting as many bud sites as you can on a horizontal plane to the light source making for better over all bud uniformity and density. Think scrog without the screen, just lots of string and ties

Yup.. And I would lst her outward as much as possible. Getting as many bud sites as you can on a horizontal plane to the light source making for better over all bud uniformity and density. Think scrog without the screen, just lots of string and ties

I think SF mentioned he had another light...he should use it...3 per light!

Currently doing 4x6 - 15min - Day 10 of Flowering. Dealing with a 7' ceiling height.

Danger Will Robinson. New techniques mentioned here. I've read about LST during veg, but how would I go about this during flowering stage? Basically what and where to tie?

You can flip the buckets upside down if they are not mid line to another site that needs water. Gravity will not allow the water to go up the line to the fill connector which is now above the controllers water line. I've done it this way. If you are worried about it tipping over set a brick on top.

Great Tip!

Thanks SF

Nice grow setup, looks like one of my rooms. Sorry about the males, they are such a waste of space and storm inserts which are normally over 8 bucks each cannot be reused so that makes males double suck in a ebbngro.

*Putting a medium like hydrotron on top of the STG inserts will stop algae growth on inserts.

Hey Mr. S.

Really glad and honored you stopped by. Honestly thought something happened, I was following your journal with great interest in your outcome with STG, but didn't see any follow up. Other than the price, what was your opinion?

Hydroponics

Much Respect.
SF

Danger Will Robinson. New techniques mentioned here. I've read about LST during veg, but how would I go about this during flowering stage? Basically what and where to tie?

Thanks SF

just manipulate the branches in a way to allow for better light penetration into the plant. usually end up bending them outward to open up the middle. Just be careful not to wishbone branches off the main stem. There is no science just identify where it looks "crowded" and use anything you have laying around ie strings, paperclip chains etc to move things around so even all bud sites are getting good light. As you get comfy playing yoga with your plants you will see what and where the benefits are.

Just be careful not to wishbone branches off the main stem

So that's what you call it !!! I did that a few days ago while turning a whole plant in it's rez. I promptly wrapped the branch back to the main at the point of the split and have noticed no affect on health. Tried teflon tape first cause that was the closest thing to me and I was freaked out. My wife held it while I fixed with hemp string.

So that's what you call it !!! I did that a few days ago while turning a whole plant in it's rez. I promptly wrapped the branch back to the main at the point of the split and have noticed no affect on health. Tried teflon tape first cause that was the closest thing to me and I was freaked out. My wife held it while I fixed with hemp string.

Yup ;) You will find it will mend itself pretty quickly given the proper support. use whatever is on hand, elec tape, duct tape, para cord, bungee, bandaids, zipties etc etc. Just remember if the stem is growing and thickening up to undo the bandage after 10 days or so so you dont restrict any growth.

Update 03-10-2010

So just a quick update. No pics today. I'll post pics on Friday night or Sat which will be the two week mark of flowering.

1. Changed out bulb to MH for 1 week (control vertical growth)
2. Added 5-6 gallons of tap water, until res change, probably Friday also
3. Did some "trimming" and re-arrangement of plants to allow for light to reach bottoms (with only 6 plants this is much easier)
4. No NEW curling on leaves, plants looking much better
5. Remaining Widow looks like a lady!!! I'm so happy one made it.
6. Humidity is still too high, looks like a dehumidifier is going to be necessary
7. CO2 is rocking at 1500(ish) PPM
8. Afghan Kush looks like it might be a producer!
9. Reaching 1 week of jar cure on 1st harvest, thanks McB!

That's about all.

Have a great day!

SF

Taking a "play" from Slo's journal and decided to post up some info on the two strains. Sorry the description on the WW is "lacking" but that's what you get when you purchase from one of those mass advertised web sites.

Afghan Kush
World of Seeds Landrace Afghan Kush comes from mountainous system of Hindu Kush (north of Afghanistan). Another pure landrace indica Kush, grows wild in the valleys of Armu Darya, river that border with Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. It’s a variety very stable (almost 100% indica) and probably has been the fruit of successive cross-backs between wild varieties Kush since the different races Kush, grow nearly itself in a geographic zone relatively reduced.

Powerful, smells like the best Afghani hashis, we can consider a very valuable like a medicinal chemiotypeis. Afghan Kush feminized cannabis seeds are ideal for indoor growing. She produces a heavy yield with 400gr per m2. She also shows excellent performance when grown outdoors with the yield 500-600gr per m2. It won't take more than 3 weeks before the seed turns into compact cannabis plants that can be successfully cloned. When grown indoors, the height of a plant is not more than 1.5m. The outdoor grower will be enchanted with 2m high giants of pure indica goodness. Afghan Kush feminized cannabis seeds are quite resistant to mushrooms and plague. Flowering period is 6-8 weeks. Outdoor cannabis grower can start harvesting in October.

Afghan Kush marijuana produces massive rounded sticky buds of pure indica, THC is 21.6%. The smell of this cannabis variety is hashish, so popular between cannabis smokers. They describe its flavor as fruity sweet and enjoy its very narcotic powerful effect.

White Widow
This strain is the strongest weed in the world.
The buds have so much THC on them that it is hard to see the bud at all.
The high is extreme and the taste divine.
This weed has won more cups than any before.
On the top of all dutch coffeeshop menu's (mostly the most expensive!)
A must for anyone who thinks they are a smoker !!

StinkyFingers Soon Hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom