Smiling Garden's - 1800W - 11 Strains - Ebb & Grow/DWC

Re: Smiling Garden's - 1800W, 11 Strains, Ebb and Grow/DWC

well, i made the second to last res change yesterday... just flush left after this.

The Cheese plants are looking great and the buds are growing really fast. I guess it is because it is the only strain that is fully healthy and thriving. I think i will stick with just a single strain from now on for simplicity. Or maybe just a few different ones that are same characteristics. It is amazing the difference in finishing time, the orange looks prety much ready now but some of the others look like they might not be quite done by the chop.

anyways... i can't wait to smoke them. three weeks and counting...

Well, i hate trimming... and i like to do do it on my own if possible, because very few people know i grow and the ones that do, are far far away.

So... I just ordered a Spin hand trimmer off ebay. cost me $300, but looks like it will be worth every penny. I could't ever see myself trimming all the nugs i have coming up. Especially the smaller nugs are a pain in the ass to trim.

ill let you know how it works out.

Well, i hate trimming... and i like to do do it on my own if possible, because very few people know i grow and the ones that do, are far far away.

So... I just ordered a Spin hand trimmer off ebay. cost me $300, but looks like it will be worth every penny. I could't ever see myself trimming all the nugs i have coming up. Especially the smaller nugs are a pain in the ass to trim.

ill let you know how it works out.

Yeah hanf trimming is a bitch especially when you do it by yourself. Let us know how that handtrimmer is because I thought about getting one myself.

gad to hear it all went good man,there was a couple of times during the grow that i thought you were going to lose them but they held in there and now you got a mountain of weed to cop ant trim.
Yeah i would also like to no how the trimmer works out for ya,i have heard a lot of good reviews about them.
:bravo: man.

Thanks a lot, i was gone a lot this summer so i guess i couldn't have hope for any better. I can't wait to trim them up. They will go on flush tomorrow... and its all over.
They are tipping over everywhere. It is so hard to support all the crazy branches. the Cheese branches are sinking like bricks.

i will for sure comment on the trimmer, i have my fingers crossed!

Well they are being flushed out now! finally. just one short week.

I got the trimmer, and it looks cool. Way bigger and more heavy duty than i expected. i guess that is what you get for $300. I trimmed a few little nugs that got broken off, and it seems to work well. It seems to cut off a little bit of bud, but only on the really small buds. Also it helps to only spin in one direction so the buds don't get crushed into the grate, just rolled around and trimmed. They still have little pieces of leaves on them, but overall it looks good and is adequately trimmed for other people.

I can't wait to use it on a bunch of buds, it looks like it fits a bunch at once. I will put some pictures up soon.

i just got a message from blue planet offering me free nutes for my next grow if i offer to keep a journal on it and take pics of the nutes and product. here is a link where they offer the same to any 420mag subscriber. check it out if you are interested

blue-planet-nutrients-special.144152

Any ever use blue planet nutrients? sounds like a good deal, i think i will give them a shot

SG, I just read through your whole journal, so sorry I'm late but better late than never, I guess.

Great job on the growroom and all the work you've done overcoming all the obstacles! :welldone:

A couple of suggestions, if your open to them....

I think hygrozyme is a great product, but I would not use it with synthetic hydro. With organic hydro or soil, it's great, but IMHO with synthetic nutes, you're better off with DM Gold Zone or some similar product.

Next, if you read the SSU bottle carefully, you''ll see they warn against using it in a res with an airstone. It can cause bacteria to grow in the res. I use SSU with hydro, but I use it as a foliar only and it's much more economical when used just as a foliar.

FYI...I'm not trying to be critical, since I know everyone has their own methods that work for them, just trying to pass on some of the knowledge from the research I have done.

Best wishes for a bountiful harvest!

P.S. The Hygrozyme debate caused quite a bit of stir among folks in my journal, and I'm not trying to re-create that here, but feel free to PM me if you want some good info on this!

well, i trimmed for 8 hours yesterday and only got through four of the plants. I have lots of picks ill put up at some point.
WEt weitghts:
pineapple express - 360g
orange - 741g
Confidential Cheese - 742g
White Widow - 872.6

total of 2.7Kg --
loosing 70% water i hope to have final yield of .82kg
total of 1.8 dry pounds for day one of trimming the fist half of the plants.

well trimming continued today, so much of it to do. i got another 3 or so wet pounds trimmed.
brings my estimated dry total to 2.77 lb.
ill get picks up when its all done. i don't have time for anything else till i finish this last diesel.

well, i trimmed for 8 hours yesterday and only got through four of the plants. I have lots of picks ill put up at some point.
WEt weitghts:
pineapple express - 360g
orange - 741g
Confidential Cheese - 742g
White Widow - 872.6

total of 2.7Kg --
loosing 70% water i hope to have final yield of .82kg
total of 1.8 dry pounds for day one of trimming the fist half of the plants.

First is CONGRATS!!
I don't how familiar you are with the Conf Cheese but mine was some of the best smoke I have ever had. I think you will truly enjoy it!
I will be courious of your impression of it.
:peace:

my final wet weight was 10.83lb trimmed. with the white widow topping them all with the blue widow and diesel coming in a little over 700g.
Estimated 3.25 Lb dry.

The ones that look the best so far are the white a blue widow, amazingly frosty nuggets. but that being said they all look amazing including the cheese, which has the most dense nugs.
can't wait till the are fully dried to try them all out in comparison. Then again a few months later on supper well cured buds and see how they burn.

Dude looks like u knocked that one long gone my friend. Congrats on the killer grow. Cant wait for the next grow dude.

well it is finaly time to show the chop and trim update with the photos.
here are some shots of the room just beffore i started chopping, it is in the dark using just the flash.
IMG_023911.JPG

the orange
IMG_024011.JPG

IMG_024711.JPG

and the grand champion White Widow
IMG_024210.JPG

IMG_02518.JPG

IMG_024813.JPG

cheese...
IMG_024311.JPG

IMG_02497.JPG

IMG_02507.JPG

IMG_02417.JPG

Here are some shots of some of the plants so you can get a grasp of the size in comparison to stuff.

here is the pineapple express hanging up in normal door frame
IMG_02558.JPG

size 10.5 sandal
IMG_026012.JPG

IMG_026115.JPG

IMG_026215.JPG

And finally i will post more pictures of all the beautiful nugs drying right on up, on the racks. I'll post a separate comment about the trimmer next but it worked well. It is just taking way to long for right now.

but enjoy for now, and i'll get some final updates soon before retiring my thread.

Back
Top Bottom