1st Grow - Ebb-N-Grow : Afghan Kush, White Widow, Bag Seed!

Okay Mates.

Here's some pictures of the garden today. Day 7 of flowering. Any improvement on the leaf curl? Hard for me to tell when I look at them every day. I'm sorry about the color. The next shots I get will be with lights-out, should have pretty decent color then. These shots are the remaining 7 plants after the three males were removed today.

MJ_780_1.jpg

MJ_784_1.jpg

MJ_785_1.jpg

MJ_787_1.jpg

A Couple of Tops of Plants
MJ_793_1.jpg

MJ_794_1.jpg

Thanks again.
SF

PS. Where's the LED journal? Thanks. (Please post here)

Hey Guys. Found it!

If you're in to new Growing Technologies and the "latest and greatest" You guys have to check out what PitViper is doing by testing LED lighting. I think you'll get the straight facts from our brother grower.

LED in the VipersNest

Let's all applaud him for testing the waters for us....Before spending anymore coin!! ;-)

Thanks PV!
SF

Question:

So I'm down to 3 WW. If they are female, I'd really like to not have to wait to jump start on the next round. So I'm thinking clones? But how do I time the process to take clones to be ready to go into the ebb-n-grow when my current cycle finishes? (Can I take from these flowering plants?)

Pit, or McB, what to purchase for cloning?

Just trying to wrap my head around the process. Basically I didn't want to have to wait to germ seeds again.

Thanks in advance!

SF

Question:

So I'm down to 3 WW. If they are female, I'd really like to not have to wait to jump start on the next round. So I'm thinking clones? But how do I time the process to take clones to be ready to go into the ebb-n-grow when my current cycle finishes? (Can I take from these flowering plants?)

Pit, or McB, what to purchase for cloning?

Just trying to wrap my head around the process. Basically I didn't want to have to wait to germ seeds again.

Thanks in advance!

SF
mother?
we both have EZ cloners....they just work and we both have custom mixes but are pretty much identical....
if you want clones ready for transplantig then they have to be vegged to some desired height....so begins the process of setting up a schedule
Im in the exact posistion now. my main garden is 2 weeks in bloom. clones are in cloner now, get planted in veg tables and pots and bloom them when the current ones are finished...and so it begins
this is 1 way and there are countless ways to do it but it gives you the idea.

Another Question:

So, you ever think you have too much time on your hands. I'm thinking I don't have enough light for my area. 1,000 isn't enough, is it? ("9.6'w X 6.0'l X 7.0'h" room dimension). I'm on a light mover, but based on those lighting calculators, it doesn't look like it's enough.

So if you guys say go and get another light, I think I'll have to move the grow into the larger area. If I stick with the 1,000, are the buds going to be light?

What's the play???

SF

mother?
we both have EZ cloners....they just work and we both have custom mixes but are pretty much identical....
if you want clones ready for transplantig then they have to be vegged to some desired height....so begins the process of setting up a schedule
Im in the exact posistion now. my main garden is 2 weeks in bloom. clones are in cloner now, get planted in veg tables and pots and bloom them when the current ones are finished...and so it begins
this is 1 way and there are countless ways to do it but it gives you the idea.

Ok PV that gives me some ideas to go on. I'd like to do a Mother, but the only way seems to be soil, for long term, I just don't have any idea when it comes to soil. So that kind of limits me until I get some more experience under my belt.

If I go the ezcloner route, how long can they typically live in the ezcloner? Would I have to do another setup for veg, or could I go straight to ebb-n-grow?

Sorry if this stuff seems so basic to you...It's like I'm trying to learn to ride a bike!

Thanks much for your patience, and knowledge.
SF

Ok PV that gives me some ideas to go on. I'd like to do a Mother, but the only way seems to be soil, for long term, I just don't have any idea when it comes to soil. So that kind of limits me until I get some more experience under my belt.

If I go the ezcloner route, how long can they typically live in the ezcloner? Would I have to do another setup for veg, or could I go straight to ebb-n-grow?

Sorry if this stuff seems so basic to you...It's like I'm trying to learn to ride a bike!

Thanks much for your patience, and knowledge.
SF

Its possible to veg in the ezcloner for weeks given you manage the res properly ei nute chnages and plenty of air. I wouldnt veg out 60 plants in a 60 site cloner use common sense on number and size of plants

Its possible to veg in the ezcloner for weeks given you manage the res properly ei nute chnages and plenty of air. I wouldnt veg out 60 plants in a 60 site cloner use common sense on number and size of plants

McB. I feel like a tag team match with you and Pit but it's working!!! So thanks for your expertise. I know NEF is looking at this (cloning) also. I have one more question as it relates to what you mention above.

Assuming that I'm not going to go any bigger than my 12 pot ebb-n-grow, could I get away with an EzCloner 30 model? Load it with 15-18 (assuming some won't take) to have 12 good one's ready to go? Veg under a T-5HO?

Just want to make sure I have the info correct before pulling the trigger.

Thanks Man!
SF

SF, lookin nice man. As far as the ez cloner goes, do a google search for DIY ez cloner and will take u to another site with a great tech on how to build one, cost is about 50 bucks, and it works great. If u can't find the link PM me and ill send it to u. Also, I was wondering if the empty bucket in the pictures was still connected to the E and G. If so, check and make sure the pots down the line are flooding all the way, the manuel also says that its possible to overflow this way. Just tryin to look out fer ya.

Bull S*it...ANOTHER MALE!!! White Widow

MJ_799_1.jpg

Down to 1 left guys. Think it's a female...
Here's the solo "girl"
MJ_805_1.jpg

And just running a little "experiment" here. This male has been out of the ebb system now for three days. No additional water, just the moisture that's contained in the Sure to Grow. Looks like it's starting to go, but it would appear that the STG insert holds a good deal of water?

MJ_801_1.jpg

I guess now that I'm down to only 6 plants (from 10) that my lighting question really isn't relevant. The foot print of the plant canvas has shrunk substantially.

Oh well. Live and Learn. No more regular seed purchases for me.

Have a great day.

SF

Back
Top Bottom