1st Grow Experiment - CFL From Seed

Re: 1st grow experiment, CFL from seed

im probably going to veg for untill 21-30 days depending on growth in the next week, and how they take the nutes.

i measured my plants today and decided to just go ahead and go for the force flower at 16 days old. theyre a little over 5 inches each. i got some lady bugs from osh today also.

one stuck to a plant immediately and is posting on its cola. i take it that's a good thing? and i had to force the other ones onto the plants. and theres about 3-5 roaming around hopefully they find the plants and dont infest my closet.

i know they will eventually lay babies but will they make my closet an intense breeding grounds for ladybugs? that will definitely make my parents even more against this journey haha.

i will post some pics tmrw. hopefully they show sex in a couple weeks :adore: im praying to the weed gods i get 2 out of 3 females. and that #1 (the one that didn't get burned bad) is a girl.

u got L bugs...thats great...they'll take care of those mites..the plant i got is growing like hell...can't tell what it is yet...sativa or indica...i hope its a sativa bitch...i tried to germinate some more bag seed...no luck...got 4 in paper towel..still waiting on the beans i ordered...i should have started a journal with this bs..glad u got a f...how do u know? i'll be waiting on those pic..i'm also pulling my outside grow ..this 1st one a tall sativa might get a lb from her..i just took the top half...going to see if the small flowers will mature...still got a couple months...got to get these other 7 pulled...later

3 for 3 would be absolutely amazing. they'd be a little crowded but i could make room.

quick update:

the lady bugs seem to like it in my closet. everytime i check on the plants there is a different ladybug on a different plant. but usually only one to a plant.

my babies are growing very rapidly and have picked up a scent since i forced flowered. they are 17 days old and 2 days into flowering. they are growing about a half inch a day and getting new branches and sets of leaves constantly.

here are some pictures. its a side view and top view of each plant in order. and then a flick of one my ladybugs. also a picture to show how thick the stalk is getting. almost as thick as a pencil. let me know what you think. advice and help is always welcome. cant wait to see some pistils :thanks:

100_8147.JPG
100_8148.JPG
100_8153.JPG
100_8154.JPG
100_8155.JPG
100_8156.JPG
100_8150.JPG
100_8157.JPG

Those plants look awfully small to be ready to flower. Even if you put them under 12/12, they won't start flowering until they reach maturity which is usually when they are at least 12" tall. Don't be surprised if they don't respond to your 12/12 for awhile yet.

research complete...you can go straight to flower from seed...good luck

You can. Its called NO MERCY, but they won't start flowering until they are sexually mature which I suspect will be at least a few more weeks for the plants in those photos. ;)

hey everyone, my babies are really liking this 12/12 and have started growing very rapidly when the lights are on. i also added a bunch of warmer weak wattage bulbs. when the lights are off they give off a nice aroma.

getting paid this friday and plan to get: nutes, ph control kit/meter, humidity meter, co2 kit, more lights, etc. the whole nine yards. been waiting a LONG time to spoil my plants :rocker:

im going to be like a kid in a candy shop when i go meet the owner of my local hydro store :allgood:

here are some pics..same as always.. side view then top view of my three babies in order. and some other random pics after. enjoy! :roorrip:

100_8158.JPG
100_8159.JPG
100_8160.JPG
100_8161.JPG
100_8162.JPG
100_8163.JPG
100_8165.JPG
100_8166.JPG

hypesavlife said:
hey everyone, my babies are really liking this 12/12 and have started growing very rapidly when the lights are on. i also added a bunch of warmer weak wattage bulbs. when the lights are off they give off a nice aroma.

getting paid this friday and plan to get: nutes, ph control kit/meter, humidity meter, co2 kit, more lights, etc. the whole nine yards. been waiting a LONG time to spoil my plants :rocker:

im going to be like a kid in a candy shop when i go meet the owner of my local hydro store :allgood:

here are some pics..same as always.. side view then top view of my three babies in order. and some other random pics after. enjoy! :roorrip:

Looking really nice and healthy! Now don't go spoiling that by getting carried away with all those new nutes you come home with from the hydro store! ;)

Young plants have a fragile root system and they can fall victim to too much of a good thing. I would suggest that you add a good organic Kelp Extract to your shopping list. I use a brand called "Growmore" 100% Norwegian Kelp Extract. This stuff is gentle on young plants and will give them all the nutrition they need at this stage. Just feed them once every 7-10 days and NO MORE than that for the next 2-3 weeks. When they get to be about 6 weeks old then something like "Grow Big" by Fox Farm is a good choice, but stick with the same feeding schedule.

Be sure to pH adjust these feeding solutions to 6.5 before you put them into your pots. Make sure the water you use for regular waterings is between 6.5 and 7.0. My tap water is 7.0 and that is what I use. I don't pH adjust my water, only the nute solutions.

If you follow this routine, your soil should stay right around 6.8 which is exactly where you want it to be. As I mentioned before, Cannabis thrives in a soil pH of between 6.2 and 6.8. I find that 6.8 is best cause any downward drift towards a more acidic value should still land you above 6.2 which you never want to fall below if you can help it! :thumb:

While mid to high 5s is fine for hydroponics and cloner's, that is too low for soil. Also just testing runoff from your pots is not a reliable way to check SOIL pH.

Oh! And be sure to pick up a quality IN SOIL pH meter to make sure that soil stays around 6.8. HydroFarm makes a nice one that sells for around $10.00. This is in addition to a good digital pH meter like the PH-200 by HM DIGITAL used for measuring your water and nute solutions.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

yo!! very exciting update. 3 for 3 on females (i'm 99% sure). nice white hairs starting to come off top set of nodes and the cola. no pollen sacks yet.. i dont think. anyone have a link with good pictures on how to tell early?

anyways i got a few more lights and some nutes. gonna mix up a concoction with my ro water later and give them their first feeding tonight. is it best before the lights go off or after?

as for my lights i now have a 45w 6500k over each of them, a 27w 5000k/23w 2700k on the sides of each one. and a 45w 6500k/23w 2700k that i move around on the sides of each. pumpin out about 300w's.

had some issues with heat because my a/c broke down but we're nice and cool. under 80 again. that about wraps it up. my tallest plant is about 11 inches and the shortes about 9 inches. the diameter is now going over the size of my pots of every plant except the one missing a branch from burns.

now here are some pictures, top and side view of each in order. a pic of my new setup, and some pics i attempted to take to show some pistils. i dont think they are gonna show up well but i'll still post em. thanks! enjoyyyy

:roorrip:

100_81781.JPG
100_81801.JPG
100_81811.JPG
100_81821.JPG
100_81831.JPG
100_81841.JPG
100_81771.JPG
100_81851.JPG
100_81861.JPG
100_81871.JPG

It's been a long time since i did an update so here we go. plants are doing great!! my middle plant has tons of pistils and my left one is very large. the right one that was smaller and had the worse burn hasn't shown sex yet. they are 2 1/2 weeks into flowering. My biggest plant is just over 20 inches tall. and all are bigger than my 3 gallon pots in diameter. they've been given one feeding since flower and 2 regular waterings since then. will feed again in a few days when they are dry. my nute solution consists of a cal/mag supplement, advanced nutrient bud candy, some root accelerator, this phosphorous solution, a nitrogen supplement, and some general plant food. (i'll get the exact brands and recipe next update, my friend just fills me up when i need it)

i added more lights also and moved out everything in the closet to give them more space. going to pick up some clones as soon as my third one shows sex. i'll veg them at my friends because the two i gave him ended up being males.

here are some pictures of my babies. enjoy everyone! :roorrip:

100_8188.JPG
100_8189.JPG
100_8190.JPG
100_8191.JPG
100_8192.JPG
100_8193.JPG

Back
Top Bottom