1st Grow Experiment - CFL From Seed

hey everyone, all three plants have more than shown sex :D my middle one is already forming nugs and the two others ones (the streched one, and smaller one) just showing more and more pistils by the day. i rearranged my lights and put them all on top because my friend is giving my his 90 watt t12 for side lighting and i regret having so many on the sde because of streching. gave them their second feeding yesterday. hopefully they take it well. i ph'd it at about 7.2 because my soil ph was getting quite low, 5.6-6.0. will do an update next week sometime when theres more nuggage or if something significant happens. THANKS :roorrip:

100_8200.JPG
100_8201.JPG
100_8202.JPG
100_8203.JPG
100_8204.JPG
100_8205.JPG
100_8206.JPG
100_8207.JPG

Re: 1st grow experiment, CFL from seed

yo, day 12 since sprout. here is a quick update. when i refer to plants 1, 2, and 3 i am going from left to right in my closet. so the left would be plant 1 etc.

plant 2 lost it's right side due to the burn. plant 3 seems to be thriving the most of the 3. and plant 1 has seemed to slow down. plant 1 was my biggest and healthiest until it's leaf was burned.

let me know if any of the things im worrying about is even an issue and how my plants are looking for day 12. the light falling will not be an issue anymore i put some weights inside the fixture so it wont move.

i am also starting a new grow journal soon. some friends of mine are renting some warehouse space for a grow operation and i am part of the team. will be doing a huge hps/mh. i'll post a link when it gets started.

i am posting a pic of the top view and side view of all 3 plants. cant wait for some feedback to see how theyre looking a few days after the burns. lemme know. thx guys! :thanks:

100_8139.JPG
100_8141.JPG
100_8135.JPG
100_8140.JPG
100_8138.JPG
100_8137.JPG
you are doing a really good job ,just wanted to ask is it so bushy from the amount of light on her?mine never look like that at that age?

thanks wrangler i'll check your grow out forsure. and to greenhouse yeah i think she was so bushy from the wattage and position of my lights. i regret not keeping multiple cfls spread across the top because it will make the plant grow a lot bushier and less tall. my plants streched a lot because of lights being on the side and not close enough. dont get me wrong side lighting is really good but with cfl you really have to be disciplined in your positioning. a smaller bushier plant will come out with a denser product.

but this is my first run and i'll be happy just to get some of my own smoke, some knowledge, nd some trim and shake to make some extracts. i would be immensely happy with that.

for my next run im going to try some clones. the collectives in my area are shutting down so i'm going to try nd grab as many clones for cheap that i can fit into my closet. and set up the lights wayyy better this time.

here's some pictures. i was bored and babying them. any advice on how to beef my buds up as much as i can besides nutes. i'm going to start doing my hmwk on co2 so i know for my clones or maybe even this run.

my babies are 5wks 3 days old and almost 3wks into flower. i have given nutes twice. pushing about 300watts. about to get 90w t12 for the back wall to supply better side lighting. temps been getting higher since i have more lights. will get close to 90 degrees when i wake up then open the door and it will cool down anywhere from 79 to 70. im going to try and get temps to stay under 80 with lights on and below 70 with the lights off because it is a purple strain.

enjoy the pics. :roorrip:

100_8217.JPG
100_8216.JPG
100_8215.JPG
100_8214.JPG
100_8213.JPG
100_8212.JPG
100_8211.JPG
100_8210.JPG
100_8208.JPG
100_8207.JPG
100_8206.JPG
100_8205.JPG
100_8204.JPG

haha yep gotta keep a pic of the fam in there. the branches perfectly blocked it out in that pic.

ok so heres update. it's been awhile. plants are doing well. atleast one of them is. two really arent swelling up that much. the third shortest plant has really taken off. smells super strong with a sweet skunky smell to it. the other two arent really growing to many pistils since theyve showed sex. one is streching terribly. i was going to try and wait it out and use the fluffy buds off the two for extracts but they might get too tall.

here are a lot of pics. focusing mostly on my budding baby. it has a good 20 branches with buds swelling on the daily. when i give them a touch my fingers get the usual intense stickiness and chronic smell. it already has that sweet purple smell. i'm trying to keep my temps as low as possibly to hopefully get them to show some purple leaves. the cola is growing more and more on the daily, it is slowly growing into the nugs on the other nodes. can't wait for it to be one beefy bud. i hope i get over an ounce =D

100_8217.JPG
100_8223.JPG
100_8226.JPG
100_8228.JPG
100_8229.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this for moving to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom