1st Time Grow With DWC Top Feed Burmese Kush

Hey OG!

I'm definitely clueless on hydro, but I'll jump in and watch for side-ihelp if I can .

Much love from the west coast, I'm rooting for ya, let's get you out of those highway robbery dispensaries!

Cheers!

Hey OG!

I'm definitely clueless on hydro, but I'll jump in and watch for side-ihelp if I can .

Much love from the west coast, I'm rooting for ya, let's get you out of those highway robbery dispensaries!

Cheers!
Hey strange thanks for the sub, any advice is appreciated for sure regardless of specialty. The old adage it takes a village to raise a child rings true here. I'm all ears to any suggestions. I'll put some updated pics up Saturday before and after res change.

Hey strange thanks for the sub, any advice is appreciated for sure regardless of specialty. The old adage it takes a village to raise a child rings true here. I'm all ears to any suggestions. I'll put some updated pics up Saturday before and after res change.
Sounds good man! I like that attitude to, just keep us posted and I'm sure youll kick butt .

So reading through all your amazing journals I've come across what I think might be a solution to a problem I haven't any need to worry about for weeks, but changing my res and cleaning it when the scrog is in place, I have adjustable legs built on it and the mesh is made from house phone cord. So I was thinking I could suspend the lids of the tubs to the mesh and lift the whole mother up so I can slide the tub out and let those roots get some air while I scrub the tub real fast. Thoughts?

I think that would work as long as you are confident the screen is tight enough to support the weight when it's full. I'd recommend using Z7 in your soup. I have had 0 buildup inside or on my stones since I started using it so I clean every 3rd week.

The screen is definitely tight but I have been looking for that z7 stuff and flying skull doesn't ship to Canada, the only listing I found on amazon was 570$ which is way out of my price range so hydroguard will have to do for now, I do have an 90 if things get hairy tho.

Before they grow to the screen you could buy a couple of bulkheads and valves and put them in at the bottom of the tubs. Once drained you can always lift the corner of the lids and get a shop vac in there to clean the bottoms.

There really shouldn't be any crud. If your root system is in good shape when you do your res change I don't believe scrubbing the pots is necessary. I do my res changes about every 4 weeks and never scrub the pots out. Hell, I don't even wipe them out between grows.

I'm In Canada,I use grozyme for my soiless mix, it's an enzyme that helps clean up the root zone and boost health down there. Probably not the same as z7 but might work if you can't get the z7

Just a random suggestion .

There really shouldn't be any crud. If your root system is in good shape when you do your res change I don't believe scrubbing the pots is necessary. I do my res changes about every 4 weeks and never scrub the pots out. Hell, I don't even wipe them out between grows.

Well that makes me feel a little better, I'm not afraid of a little work but I don't want to be putting the girls through undue stress.

I'm In Canada,I use grozyme for my soiless mix, it's an enzyme that helps clean up the root zone and boost health down there. Probably not the same as z7 but might work if you can't get the z7

Just a random suggestion .

I'm very interested in this growzyme, do you know if it's compatible with hydroguard?

I just did some quick reading, not that there's much out there, but I think the hydroguard will cover what grozyme does so I don't think it's a necessary product to add since they both perform the same function.

Hydroguard should cover you, a lot of people say they don't have issues once they start using it, but I'll digress I'm no dwc expert so I'll let the debate rage on .

I am using Hydroguard and I think I said it before but I also have SM-90 if shit goes hairy, it's more of a kill anything good or bad holy shit bar, or at least that's how I came to understand it. this morning when i cam home from work i took a quick peek and they are starting the second sets of leaves so that's exciting. I didn't take pics cause I don't want to swarm you guys with a bunch of pics of seedlings but I can see progress since Saturday night when they first popped. I will post a bunch on them this Saturday after I change the res. :volcano-smiley: time for some Strawberry banana bong hits!!!

Bored at work and couldn't help but peek in on them, love the tent cam for sure:thumb:
IMG_269217.JPG

Man that's sweet,sure takes the worry out of being away from them eh .

Greetings all, I had an eventful day today. My grow glasses came along with another clip fan, but the fan didn't work so i sent it back to amazon via UPS. Guesss whats directly across the street? Our friendly neighborhood hydroponic shop, so I came home with two new 6 net pot pods for my mother plants LOL. Made a trip to walmart for dog food and found they had clip fans there for half price so i grabbed 2, and a ultrasonic humidifier as the cool mist just wasn't doing much. The ladies were doing so well today sprouting their next set of fans that i pulled out my drone and took some 4K shots.
IMG_270114.JPG
IMG_270016.JPG
IMG_269915.JPG
IMG_269819.JPG
IMG_269425.JPG
DJI_0019.JPG
IMG_270114.JPG
IMG_269915.JPG
DJI_0015.JPG
DJI_0016.JPG
DJI_0014.JPG
DJI_0013.JPG
DJI_0012.JPG
DJI_0011.JPG
DJI_0010.JPG
DJI_0009.JPG

can't believe how far they've gone in 6 days. I really have no idea what to expect for the next week. Tomorrow will be my first res change and bumping to week two of nutes, Wish me luck.

Cute little things aint They? .

Good luck on the res change tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom