1st Time Grow With DWC Top Feed Burmese Kush

Hey there Grandpa welcome:welcome:

Well those look delightful! Excellent work, I can only hope for such bushy girls. I will definitely top them as much as I can but with it being my first time with dwc I just want to make it to the end without killing tho whole lot, you know? So we will play it by ear and I'll let you all guide me along the correct path. I am but a sponge here to soak up all the knowledge. Thanks for joining in and hope you enjoy the ride as much as me.

I know EXACTLY what you mean my friend. It’s many times much too easy for some of us to forget our first foray into the water world. My first time I was so paranoid about doing something wrong that my plants actually told me to leave them alone. However, you’re already farther along than I was back then. I literally didn’t know squat. Since then, I’ve become acquainted with squat’s sister bendover. LOL Seriously, you got this.

PS. Don't pay any attention to Grandpa Tokin till morning. Hes all jacked up on the Green Dragon tonight...:laughtwo:

Ha! I woke up stoned. :Namaste:

So I'm on last break at work and the girls just woke up at home so I had to take a peak. I had to do a double take and check the date on the comparison pic but it is yesterday.
IMG_275124.JPG

And today,
IMG_276124.JPG

All I can say is fuck soil I'm a hydro man now baby!

Day 11:

ROOTS ROOTS ROOTS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!
IMG_276218.JPG
IMG_276323.JPG

So with these kinds of roots showing i'm guessing its time to turn off the top drip?
The ph rose up again to 6.1 and 5.95, I'm just going to leave it tonight and when it hits 6.3 i'll drop it back down to get a full feed spectrum over a day or two. res temps made it up to 72F while the lights were off but the wife got some bottles in the chiller as son as they came on. Rh is floating between 53-56% and the room has been sitting around 79-81F.

Do you plan on topping them when the time comes?

When is it time to top these girls?
IMG_276416.JPG
IMG_276516.JPG

and what about these? Obviously it will be a day or two later than the first two but I'm seeing the third set of fans starting on these four and on the bigger two they're starting their 4th set. I am noticing a browning to the roots of the two bigger plants but my soup is running over them constantly and I don'tknow if that could stain them or not? Because to me the plants look healthy. Anyhow i'm off to read your journals to see if i can't find some answers.

IMG_276617.JPG
IMG_276716.JPG
IMG_276819.JPG
IMG_276918.JPG

Yes, you can turn off the top feed. Run the water level at the bottom of the net pot and then lower one inch after the roots are well established. Check to make sure the bottom of the net pot is staying damp. Moist wet air circulating in the buckets should take care of that.

I'd suggest topping after the third or fourth node. I generally do it after the fourth.

Right now they look very healthy.

Yes, you can turn off the top feed. Run the water level at the bottom of the net pot and then lower one inch after the roots are well established. Check to make sure the bottom of the net pot is staying damp. Moist wet air circulating in the buckets should take care of that.

I'd suggest topping after the third or fourth node. I generally do it after the fourth.

Right now they look very healthy.

I turned it off just now and topped off with 1 gal ph'd water with 2 ml hydroguard per tub cause I'm paranoid.i left the cooling tube running as the only remaining circulation other than the two air stones.

now forgive my lingo ignorance but is the nodes the fan leaves that branch out, or something specific that I might be not used to looking for since Ive always let my bad bitches fly free outside to do as they please. Anyhow thanks so much for the continued help man, hopefully I'll get my training wheels off by the end of this thing.

Hi there, keep up the good work, yes noses are what you think it is. Here's a picture of mine when I topped it off. Then start lst right after, waited to long because I was scary but it's a main part of your training for more yield so start it right away. Enjoy!
420-magazine-mobile1260179898.jpg

Day 12 Veg:

I needed a nap tonight so the update is late lol. Room is staying in the 78-81F lights on and 71-73F lights out. RH sit between 50-55% on the digital controller. Water temps are staying 68-72F. ppm is down 105 since Saturday, probably partially to the gallon top I gave them the other day, and I'd like to assume they've eaten a little bit. I am seeing the signs of root rot in the second biggest girl but i pulled her up for a minute inspect and while there is a bit of brown, there is many more nice white roots over taking those few brown ones and I think she'll be just peachy in a day or two.
IMG_277617.JPG

you can kind of see it here.

IMG_277814.JPG

the rest look pretty damn good i think and the biggest is opening its first 5 fans :D

IMG_277717.JPG
IMG_277514.JPG
IMG_277412.JPG
IMG_27739.JPG
IMG_277211.JPG
IMG_277118.JPG

so that's my update. if you see anything I am missing feel free to chime in give me shit, I can take it!

So this is the first time I turned on night vision, I won't be keeping it enabled during flower...

:idea:
Just thinking outside the tent here, but I'd be curious what wavelength the IR camera operated at. If the Grow Gods smile favorably upon you that camera could double up as a 730nm flower initiator.

They look happy to me man! :3 keep those babies Rollin!

:idea:
Just thinking outside the tent here, but I'd be curious what wavelength the IR camera operated at. If the Grow Gods smile favorably upon you that camera could double up as a 730nm flower initiator.

I'm not sure but I believe it's a lower wavelength as I can see the red light when it's in operation, so I will have it hooked to the light timer come flowering, don't need no herms in there.

Looks very nice so far, i'm interested to see how your grow comes along I have ny first DWC going right now about 14 days into veg of Black Cream Auto, one plant for now but had intended for a few more

Good luck on your grow

:thanks: and :welcome:

This is my first try with hydro myself. glad to have you along, there are some very smart people helping me out and they all have amazing journals you should stop and check out. Hope you enjoy your stay and if you have any questions feel free to ask away,

Day 14 Veg:
Res change this morning before lights out.
Ph was at 6.01 and 6.09, ppm 410 an 398. Res temps 68f. Started some mild lst and since I don't have pots I dunno how good I did but they're strapped down for now. Planning to top any I can Monday. Here they are tonight with their bondage. ;)
IMG_2783.PNG

Hiho hiho it's off to work I go! Have a good evening everyone!

Jeeze I don't recognize them :O you sir, have the magic touch!

Back
Top Bottom