1st Time Grow With DWC Top Feed Burmese Kush

Let's see how long beginners luck lasts, I've got their new home basically ready for them just waiting on pvc connectors and I'm going rdwc with this as my cloner tubs, gonna fill the holes with pool noodles and add in a fogger for 25$ and boom aerocloner.

Day 15 Veg:

Ph was 6.1 and 6.3 tonight before work but I figure I'll leave em til morning they were showing slight phosphorus deficiency so I'll leave em high for the nights. Res temps are holding pretty steady at 68-69 now so I've tackled the warm water beast it would seem. Humidity in Canada is a fickle prick and it's been fluctuating between 45-60% the past 24hrs though it seems to have levelled off since I last checked in.

Fixed my piss poor lst job and have them all pretty flat and even at this point though I'm sure it'll all be poking back up by morning.
IMG_278419.JPG
IMG_278718.JPG
IMG_278621.JPG
[
IMG_2783.PNG

I'll be around more the next two days and you'll all get to see my new system scrogdawg and rider809 helped me build.

Can't wait to see it man, those guys are pretty f'in smart, can't wait to see what you came up with!

Wow! Hats off to you for the build and of course the two gents who supplied the inspiration!

You killed it man I can't wait to see how it works for you! Looks f^^,ing mint!

:welcome:Hello all and thanks for taking a look.:welcome:

Well, Let me tell you all about me. I've grown many outdoor grows over the years and after reading up on this site for the past few weeks, I've learned that it's actually unfathomable that I ever managed to get anything to grow let alone the yields I've pulled over he years.

So welcome To my noob experience with DWC topfeed. I built my own res from 10gal tubs with a manifold and pump. I have a double feed air pump feeding two long triangle shaped air-stones per tub(all 1/4" tubing is black) and have the drip feeding into 6 3' net pots per lid. I'm growing in a 4x4x6.5' tent with a 4" inline w/ carbon filter fan on a controller with 2 different brand led 600w panels one with bloom/veg options and the other with "full spectrum". I'd like to see which side ends up performing better and expand my collection from there.

Space - 4'x4'x6.5' tent
Lights - 2x 600w led panels 246w and 180w draw from wall
Room temp - 72f-76f
Room RH - 45- 55 %
Air movement - 1x 6" usb fan and 1x6" clip on desk fan and a cool mist humidifier.
Exhaust - 4"inline w/carbon filter in tent
Media - Topfeed DWC hydroponic in 3" net pots with rapid rooters and hydroton
Nutrients - Flora micro, Flora gro, Flora bloom
Supplements - Hydroguard and SM-90(i know they are to only be used alone as one effectively kills the other but
I wanted to have anything I need on hand.)
PH control - Ganja express ph up & down digital ph meter
PPM monitored - yes
Water used - Tap that sits for at least a day with its own air stone that bubbles off the chlorine and regulates the
true ph.
Strain - Burmese Kush (BuKu)
Type - Hybrid/indica dominant
Height - upto 100cm
Flowering - 7-9 weeks
#of plants - 6 seedlings/3 per tub. (fem seeds germed in rr in a dome. 6/6 on my first try:thumb:)
Current week of growth - 3 days since sprout
Light cycle -24/0
nutrients - Ph'd water and hydroguard for week 1.
Current ph - 5.65-5.75
Topfeed - 24/7

So this is my setup, its all from what i have cobbled together from a few weeks of reading what you fine folks have done over the years. I only hope for half the skill of any of you and i'll do just fine. One I figure out how to upload pics I have some that are from their first few days and i plan on taking a ton over the process. hope to have some ofyou along for the ride and happy growing!
Very curious to see how you do

Do I not want to scrub the tub when I change the nutes? Is it really just sucking up the excess crud?
If youre worried about funky tubs, put a quarter cup of 3% peroxide in the day before you do a nute change. Be aware that peroxide will kill everything... bad stuff, but also beneficial bacteria, etc. If your using mycorrhiza, or something like that it will have to be replaced. I run an RDWC. Peroxide is great, but there are compromises

I just did some quick reading, not that there's much out there, but I think the hydroguard will cover what grozyme does so I don't think it's a necessary product to add since they both perform the same function.

Hydroguard should cover you, a lot of people say they don't have issues once they start using it, but I'll digress I'm no dwc expert so I'll let the debate rage on .
Hydroguard is the goods!

So it took me the whole damn day just to get it ready to test( which it failed miserably lol) but it's assembled and the silicone is curing as we speak. Here is my version of the Rider809/Scrogdawg RDWC System.
IMG_279022.JPG

IMG_279114.JPG
IMG_279313.JPG
IMG_279415.JPG
IMG_279514.JPG
IMG_279615.JPG
IMG_279715.JPG
That's awesome. I wanted to share how I got over water temp issues without a chiller... I cut a 6inch hole in my res. lid. I then placed a 6 inch inline fan in the hole making sure it wouldn't fall through (I took some air tube and taped it about 1 inch from the bottom of the fan to ensure it sits on the lid correctly). Then I just set the res. lid on the tub so the air can escape. This is good for a 10 degree drop amazingly. This trick is used on aquariums. I ended up hooking up a 6 inch duct from my AC for a deeper drop. I also put another 6 inch hole in the lid and added a 6 inch elbow so the cool air is still a benefit to the room. I run my room at almost 85 degrees as recommended by my LED manufacturer.

One issue you may find... If you plan on using an autofill float valve (highly recommended)make sure the inline isnt blowing anywhere near it or you will flood your room.

If you can keep your water temp below 65 degrees your root health will take care of itself with just a smidge of Hydroguard. You won't have to worry about cleaning your tubs till you're done.

Ok... I'm done, I hope it helps. It looks good man!

Very curious to see how you do
Hey man Thanks for checking out my journal. :welcome:

Today the girls got a day to themselves while I built their soon to be babies new home. I'm pretty friggen pumped about the new system and can't wait to clone off the strongest lady of this batch for my first run in it. I finally topped them tonight after the build was done then readjusted the lst and have a pretty flat set of girls bushing out rather nicely. Ph was at 6.2 and 6.3 so i dropped it down to 5.7 and 5.6 in the tubs. water temp is holding pretty decent at 68-69f which with the hydroguard I feel like i have a rocking root network,
IMG_280024.JPG
IMG_280122.JPG
IMG_280219.JPG
IMG_280325.JPG

and heres they are topped and strapped down,
IMG_280424.JPG
IMG_280524.JPG
IMG_280726.JPG
IMG_280824.JPG
IMG_280919.JPG
IMG_281028.JPG

I'm still using the humidifier but i'm only having to fill it every 36 hours instead of 24, my controller shuts it off above 55% and turn it on when it drops below 53.5%. I have been able to slow my fan down to minimum now that normal Canadian temperatures are showing their face and I don';t have t run my AC in November. I will note some of the older leaves have some little brown rust spots on them from earlier phosphorous deficiency but I haven't seen any new spot on any of them so hopefully that's taken care of. With the rate of growth i'm thinking I'll flip at day 35 and flower for the longer end of the 8 week flower for this strain so I can get my new system in the tent pumping. Anyhow I'm beat and for letting me work uninterrupted today I am getting up early to make the wife breakfast before she goes to work this morning so I need to hit the hay. Time for a bedtime bongrip:roorrip:

Hey man Thanks for checking out my journal. :welcome:

Today the girls got a day to themselves while I built their soon to be babies new home. I'm pretty friggen pumped about the new system and can't wait to clone off the strongest lady of this batch for my first run in it. I finally topped them tonight after the build was done then readjusted the lst and have a pretty flat set of girls bushing out rather nicely. Ph was at 6.2 and 6.3 so i dropped it down to 5.7 and 5.6 in the tubs. water temp is holding pretty decent at 68-69f which with the hydroguard I feel like i have a rocking root network,
IMG_280024.JPG
IMG_280122.JPG
IMG_280219.JPG
IMG_280325.JPG

and heres they are topped and strapped down,
IMG_280424.JPG
IMG_280524.JPG
IMG_280726.JPG
IMG_280824.JPG
IMG_280919.JPG
IMG_281028.JPG

I'm still using the humidifier but i'm only having to fill it every 36 hours instead of 24, my controller shuts it off above 55% and turn it on when it drops below 53.5%. I have been able to slow my fan down to minimum now that normal Canadian temperatures are showing their face and I don';t have t run my AC in November. I will note some of the older leaves have some little brown rust spots on them from earlier phosphorous deficiency but I haven't seen any new spot on any of them so hopefully that's taken care of. With the rate of growth i'm thinking I'll flip at day 35 and flower for the longer end of the 8 week flower for this strain so I can get my new system in the tent pumping. Anyhow I'm beat and for letting me work uninterrupted today I am getting up early to make the wife breakfast before she goes to work this morning so I need to hit the hay. Time for a bedtime bongrip:roorrip:
They are going off...

Hydroguard is the goods!

I've been using Hydroguard for about 2 years. Love it. I've never had a root issue. However, if you use a sterile res with pool shock then naturally it will kill the good. Same with H2O2 also, but I oftentimes use H2O2 like Stltoed mentioned to clean. I just replace the Hydroguard when I do.

Love your new system! Can't wait to see that in action.

Please elaborate?
Oh sorry... "going off " means they are doing very well. I guess that could sound like a bad thing if you haven't heard that. You're doing a fine job and your plants are proof.

Oh sorry... "going off " means they are doing very well. I guess that could sound like a bad thing if you haven't heard that. You're doing a fine job and your plants are proof.
"Going off" is a Hawaiian term used for epic large surf. There's a little more to it, but I'll spare you. For the record, I'm not Hawaiian, nor a surfer. I was a "sponger" (bodyboarder) here in Southern California, but that was 100 pounds ago. Ha Ha.

Thanks for elaborating lol here in Canada going off is when one of your friends has too much Canadian club and needs someone to calm him down lol!
Nice. I'm very impressed with your new system. Looks like an Undercurrent minus the crazy cost. I wish i could share pictures, but i think I'm still too new here. I don't have permission rights.

Crazy growth rates man, love what your doing here! I can tell your gunna do big things in this forum!

Back
Top Bottom