1st Time Grow With DWC Top Feed Burmese Kush

So I'm up(life of a shift worker), I checked on things and I'm finding now that my ac isn't kicking on my tent is getting up to 80f, so I temped my water and it was up to 76f, made me panicky a little so I built a chiller out of a beer cooler and using the existing top drop manifold. I ran 1/4" tubing from the manifold out of the res's and made a coil which I drilled into the top of the cooler and. Ack into the res. I have it filled with ice water and running the full 30gph that the manifold will run and it's dropped the temp to 72 in under a half hour. I'll call this one a success!:goodjob:
IMG_271120.JPG
the entire lid lifts off with the coils attached so I can dump it and I have water bottles freezing so I'm not killing my ice machine. Anyhow have a good night and I'll post shots of the girls and the tent tomorrow after I res change.

You'll be amazed at how they change in a week ! Keep up the good work and listen to the ladies, if you give good care they will give you awesome results! I made so much mistakes in my first grow but still having some decent results because I've listened to them when something was not OK. Keep it up ! See you
Mike

Very nice fab on the cooler! :goodjob:

Btw where did you find Hydroguard in Ontario?

Ian

Very nice fab on the cooler! :goodjob:

Btw where did you find Hydroguard in Ontario?

Ian

tahnks man, I made it in about 10 minutes but its working great. temps this morning 68.7Fjust before lights out. I can deal with that for sure. I got hydroguard off amazon, i think it was 39.99 and shipped to me the next day. you can also get it from Canadian Wholesale Hydroponics, that's where i got my SM-90, though it won't be here til monday.

So it took just a little over an hour to change out both res's. I hope I get a little quicker at it but the girls only were without bubble for 15-20 mins. I guess I'll have to wait til tomorrow to see if they dislike the upped nutes. So far so good there's no drooping or anything and the 2nd fans are coming along nicely. As promised here are some updated pics.
IMG_2727.PNG
IMG_27281.PNG
IMG_2729.PNG
IMG_2730.PNG
IMG_2731.PNG
IMG_2731.PNG
IMG_2726.PNG
IMG_2732.PNG

Aww they are such a nice green already, they look super happy :3 keep up the good work man!

Aww they are such a nice green already, they look super happy :3 keep up the good work man!

Thanks man, I'm trying to save on my hydro bill by running the lights when the billing is cheapest over the night, but man it sucks sitting around waiting for them to wake up. It like's like Christmas morning ever damn day. Res chiller seems to work. I need to be on top of the bottle changes tho so i built a little reflector to try and deflect so heat away, Coolers under the truck last twice as long as ones in direct sunlight. So that's my morning update today is day 8 of the 120 day cycle so there is lots of Christmas morning to come,

Good evening, the ladies finally woke up, I changed the bottles in the chiller water temp was at 71f, checked ppm and it was at a solid 420 :420:, ph had risen from 5.7 to 6.3 in 24 hours since the res change so I added .5ml to each tub and they levelled off at 5.68. I'll keep checking them each night and adjust as necessary. Tub temp at end of ph raise and testing was 69f. I did however knock my little fan over on the one lady and her cube popped up and out of my he hydroton so I replanted her but she's droopy as hell.
IMG_2744.PNG

I hope she recovers but her roots got bunchy underneath her and I just foresee problems.

Room temp is sitting at around 79-80 with lights on and goes down to around 73f lights out, the humidity/temperature control I got keeps the humidity between 52-56% lights on and lights out it has got up to 58%. Yesterday in the soup I used 12.5ml/5gal Flora micro gro and bloom and 10ml/5gal hydroguard.

If anyone has any advice about the crushed droopy one I'd appreciate it. Other than that it's an early night after last nights Halloween bash.
Good evening and goodnight. :high-five:

IMG_2746.PNG
IMG_2747.PNG
IMG_2748.PNG
IMG_2749.PNG
IMG_2750.PNG

I bet the little lady will be fine, might take a day to recover but little seedlings want to live!

Should be all good bud!

So this is the first time I turned on night vision, I won't be keeping it enabled during flower but couldn't find anything saying don't use it during veg so here's a shot of them while they sleep :circle-of-love:
IMG_275219.JPG
14 hours is a long time apart lol.

Lol it's too long to be away from babies . such a cool system man

Lol it's too long to be away from babies . such a cool system man
I appreciate that, I think it will be short lived though, scooter has an unbelievable rdwc system that I'm going to emulate to the best of my ability for my next grow and use this system as my vegging system. I want more control of the water than just putting frozen bottles in a cooler. I mean so far so good but now that I know there's better out there I want that!

Day 10:
Changed the chiller bottles, water temps were sitting at 72F. Checked Ph and it was back up to 6.1 in both tubs, starting to wonder if there is an issue since it rises each day. Corrected it back to 5.58 and will check again tomorrow. Room was at 78.5F and RH was 52.2. The girls first and second fans are starting to almost double in size daily. Roots are in the water for all but the smushed girl, so I believe i'll let the top drip run til tomorrow after work and shut off all but the cooling lines. Nothing too crazy to report outside of that but here is some pics anyway:high-five:
IMG_275521.JPG
IMG_275616.JPG
IMG_275720.JPG
IMG_275817.JPG
IMG_276022.JPG
IMG_275319.JPG
IMG_275417.JPG

Do you plan on topping them when the time comes?

Oh I will certainly top them once, I had originally planned for only 1 or 2 to live out of the 6 seeds, and I read up on 4 way topping. But now with them all up and doing well I will probably on top once and then lst to the lids til its Scrog time. I never had to top my outdoor stuff and they always come from clones and ended up with weird branch patterns all on their own so this will be my first foray into topping, I'm excited!

Looks great! I'm in for this.

My advice is to top them...and then do it again. They'll recover well in DWC. I try to top at least 3-6 times before flower, depending on strain, veg time, etc. here's what mine look like just before going into flower (I think these were topped 3 or 4 times).

A862D8AC-9CAB-4D35-91A1-577DAD1EB3BA.jpeg

Looks great! I’m in for this.

My advice is to top them...and then do it again. They’ll recover well in DWC. I try to top at least 3-6 times before flower, depending on strain, veg time, etc. here’s what mine look like just before going into flower (I think these were topped 3 or 4 times):

A862D8AC-9CAB-4D35-91A1-577DAD1EB3BA.jpeg

Hey there Grandpa welcome:welcome:

Well those look delightful! Excellent work, I can only hope for such bushy girls. I will definitely top them as much as I can but with it being my first time with dwc I just want to make it to the end without killing tho whole lot, you know? So we will play it by ear and I'll let you all guide me along the correct path. I am but a sponge here to soak up all the knowledge. Thanks for joining in and hope you enjoy the ride as much as me.

You have some pretty good dwc people sitting in here to help, and you'll be surprised at how easy a decent dwc is to operate and maintain.

PS. Don't pay any attention to Grandpa Tokin till morning. Hes all jacked up on the Green Dragon tonight...:laughtwo:

I know looking at all your journals I've seemed to have attracted some pretty awesome knowledgable vets over here. I'm humbled and ecstatic to have you all along for the ride, and now you add are stuck with me til you help me build that rdwc you have lol.

Back
Top Bottom