2 Liter Hempy SOG

As far as c02 goes.. that's the one thing that I haven't did a ton of research on so I am open to suggestions. I have so much to get done that the c02 will be one of the last things I address. I'm knee deep in other things right now but we will def revisit the c02 discussion very soon.

I actually have a 1/10 HP chiller sitting here. It'll cool an 85 gallon res. However, I've found that in the summer, I can freeze 2 liters full of water and stick them in my cloner res which only has about 12 gallons in it, and it keeps them pretty cool. I have several in the freezer at any one time so I can trade them out. However, if I need to utilize a chiller, I already have one. Most likely I will build (1) 100 site cloner to go along with my 50 site cloner.

I appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

I decided to go with a generator...I had gas close enough to pipe it over to my new room. Not sure if that's even an option for you. but it is the most cost effective approach and you don't have to haul CO2 tanks back and forth. It will generate some additional heat as well.

:Namaste:

420, have you considered utilizing the co2 from hot water tank? I'm possibly going to add that into my space since there is a new tank in close proximity. There's also a gas floor furnace. Both vents are easy to tap with a Y in flow and use a 110 power damper linked to a co2 controller.

I only have one question: How are you planning on separating the CO2 from the (probably small, but inevitably present) CO?

I only have one question: How are you planning on separating the CO2 from the (probably small, but inevitably present) CO?

I'd be more worried about the huge quantities of water vapor. Commercial CO2 generators also will release some small CO. It's a result of incomplete combustion. If your furnace is maintained (cleaned and checked for CO yearly) you should be okay. You should study one of those "blue flame" wall heaters, the burners are almost identical to my old generator.

Any fuel burning appliance used for creating CO2 needs to have oxygen depletion sensors, which the blue flame heaters do and so does non vented fireplaces.

Your water heater and furnace do not.

On another note, if a room is sealed off and a blue flame heater is in it,, you will die, if the sensor fails,,fact. You need plenty of air to prevent incomplete combustion,,,,incomplete combustion will emit CO........not CO2

Same thing goes for your furnace or water heater, they need unrestricted air flow.

In a small grow space the size of 420's I personally wouldnt use anything other then a controlled tank of CO2, which can also kill you if not properly controlled in a sealed room.

There is way to many variables when it comes to incomplete combustion in appliances for me to ever consider using it for CO2 supplement. Rust, dirt, spiders, cracks etc etc.

Wow that post just set me straight. I'm leaving the water tank and floor furnace vents alone. I also don't think co2 is such a big deal. A tank in the room is the way. I get it. Probably will stay away from that for now. Thanks.

dy48_52.jpg

:high-five: Sweeet! :party:

I'm setting up a new space with a flower room that's 20'x11'. I'll be running (3) 600 watt HPS units with the ability to expand. I'm going to open a new journal pretty soon which will detail the entire build.

Okay... now you're just taunting us with it! :rofl:

I can hardly stand the wait!

:Namaste:

:adore: Looking great FIED im getting all my bushes worked through my flower room now and my veg chamber is back to small clones now I almost murdered my last batch of clones I put one of my 150s almost directly over my cloner and the roots took florever and had alot of wilting and yellowing that I usually never have so I mived tge light over a foot and noticed improvement quick almost instantly roots developed faster after the light mive but og and n.l. bigbud are so rooters but I didnt with hold nitrogen before cutting clones I really am not sure of how to and what this consist of, and some I scraped sides of clone some and cut a split down the middle that made roots come from everywhere but do you think that makes for a slower rooting clone? Neway great job :thumb: and cant wait for the new journal just like everyone else :bravo:

Are we going to get to see pics of the new room?

Absolutely. I just wanna save showing them for the new journal.

:adore: Looking great FIED im getting all my bushes worked through my flower room now and my veg chamber is back to small clones now I almost murdered my last batch of clones I put one of my 150s almost directly over my cloner and the roots took florever and had alot of wilting and yellowing that I usually never have so I mived tge light over a foot and noticed improvement quick almost instantly roots developed faster after the light mive but og and n.l. bigbud are so rooters but I didnt with hold nitrogen before cutting clones I really am not sure of how to and what this consist of, and some I scraped sides of clone some and cut a split down the middle that made roots come from everywhere but do you think that makes for a slower rooting clone? Neway great job :thumb: and cant wait for the new journal just like everyone else :bravo:

Thank you.

I scrape my clones and usually see roots in 7 days which is the same amount of time it takes me to see roots if I don't do anything to them so to answer your question: No, I don't think scraping the clones makes them root slower. I can't speak on splitting because I've never split my clones.

Simply beautiful as always :high-five:

:thanks:

I scrape my clones and usually see roots in 7 days which is the same amount of time it takes me to see roots if I don't do anything to them so to answer your question: No, I don't think scraping the clones makes them root slower. I can't speak on splitting because I've never split my clones.

Whether scraping/splitting a cutting causes faster production of roots... It would have to be a factor only because of the limited energy reserves that cuttings have and can obtain/produce/utilize. Because cannabis plants (as a species; certain specific strains might behave differently, I suppose) have no problem growing roots from the stem area even if there is no break/removal of the outer layer. If your cannabis plant is too tall, or if there is too much "barren" stem at the bottom before the first nodes, you re-pot it deeper and roots will form. And outdoor growers have noticed that when a heavily-laden branch ends up with part of itself contacting the ground (in the middle of the branch) for any real length of time roots tend to form.

Personally, my opinion that "scraping" (removing the outer layer of the stem) has the potential to speed the process. But there are caveats involved here that must be considered. Beneath the outer layer are other layers; when actually scraping as opposed to carefully cutting and pealing, it's easy to injure those other layers. Regardless of the method and whether or not inner layers are injured, you are creating a wound (the actual cut on the end of the stem is also a wound, of course). Part of the limited energy/resources that the cutting has will be expended on attempting to heal its wounds, so minimizing them would seem to be a good thing. Finally, just like with people, wounds on plants are potential entry-points for "infection," and this is another reason why minimizing them is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom