400w HPS, 3 Topped Plants

How big are/were your plants in the attic. I am missing a sense of scale.

Those cured nugs looked tasty.

:peace: from the mountains.

Thanks MountainHigh. The one plant with white pistolas all over is only 3 ft. tall. They other plant is 5ft tall.. I just flipped a pot over and the smaller plant is resting on that. I blame the lack in height to just too many tops, but hell, she is doing good..

Again, I cant wait to start again. I got 3 plants growing strong in the VEG room and 3 doing okay, slow growth, and 1 that I dont think will make it. Also, having this new Veg room, I just throw them in under the 1000w HPS when they are at the height I want. Can't wait! having a light slowly go out during the middle of a grow is NOT a good thing. I almost wanna buy a spare ballast to guarantee it doesn't happen.

Only and 3' do not go together! Neither do too many and tops! LOL!

Is you ballast going out under the warranty period?

I think you got the fever! Grower's fever!

I DO! lol, I really do. I made sure to restraint it when I was learning so I never expected anything and yes MC, made sure to get the 5 year warranty on this one! Yet, if it goes out, Im still screwed for RMA time

Most of the suppliers get around a 2 day turnaround for serious stuff like that. What about CFL as a two day back-up. I've thought it out and that's what I would do. The 1000 would be a different story but two days of lower light levels is like a couple of cloudy days to a plant outside and shouldn't affect them much.

Most of the suppliers get around a 2 day turnaround for serious stuff like that. What about CFL as a two day back-up. I've thought it out and that's what I would do. The 1000 would be a different story but two days of lower light levels is like a couple of cloudy days to a plant outside and shouldn't affect them much.

You know I was thinking about keeping those 2700k that Im about to replace from my Deep Water Culture would do this. I had only had 2 helping it last time, but the 400w was still putting out some.

flora nova is what I use in the soil.. I have read that you can use the flora series but I wouldn't. Flora Nova is an all-in-one so it can be balanced and it does great for my soil plants.. I am constantly playing around with how much strength to give.. They actually use the same chart for soil and water but I am using twice the strength with no burn.. thats 30ml a gal. I am also adding 15ml a gal of cal-mag+ everytime now as of last week so I hope I dont burn em, but they still look fine.

What is your pH for an average mix of FloraNova? And the pH of your starting water (can't remember if you have 0ppm H2O or tap)?

And do you aerate your feed for 12 hours before applying it, or just mix it up and go?

Ideally you want atleast 8x8 room for 1000w.

That's only about 2,265 lumens per square foot or so, isn't it?

Shame that you had to have your light 30" above your tops, but your results still looked pretty fine. Did you have a much larger light footprint than your canopy at that height, or is the reflector one of those "narrow footprint" ones?

What is your pH for an average mix of FloraNova? And the pH of your starting water (can't remember if you have 0ppm H2O or tap)?

And do you aerate your feed for 12 hours before applying it, or just mix it up and go?

That's only about 2,265 lumens per square foot or so, isn't it?

Shame that you had to have your light 30" above your tops, but your results still looked pretty fine. Did you have a much larger light footprint than your canopy at that height, or is the reflector one of those "narrow footprint" ones?

Yes I used 0ppm water with the Flora nova. I dont PH it and it usually ends up around 5.7-6.5 and i dont aerate it. Also I am getting a sealed and vented reflector. Thinking about the Great White from sun system. Also I'll be getting ducting and a good 400cfm fan and probably another 1kw light with the same setup with a Y connector so I will just use the fan for two.

Thanks for stopping by man. Also that cheap reflector reflector Im using has a wide footprint

Heres a shot of he smaller plant.
Picture_03110.jpg

Well, at least you know the bagseed is indica dominant! Any suspicions of what it might be?

It could be trainwreck. I know I was getting a bunch of the trainswreck several years ago and i found a seed and thats when I started growing. It could be something else though.

Thought TW was sativa-dominant? Some Afghan indica, sure, but more Mexican & Thai sativa. Leaf structure kind of a cross between "local" sativas and those lovely long-fingered Thais?

I could be wrong, never ordered it. But the grow I saw about three years ago was like that and I was told it was TW. Then again, who knows? Seems like every time I turn around, someone has named their plants in order to have another bit of marketing meat.

Whatever yours is, it looks tasty. Wish they'd hurry up and invent the scratch-n-sniff monitor.

Yes, it has a mix of genes but the buds forms on the main stalk so it has indica growth for bud on smaller thinner stems. That's why when they are grown together they sort of tip to one side or another from the weight and mke your grow area look like a train wreck with buds at al kinds of angles. There are many crosses with TW. A Train, K Train, Wreckage,etc. So it might be a relative too.

Back
Top Bottom