400w HPS, 3 Topped Plants

Thought TW was sativa-dominant? Some Afghan indica, sure, but more Mexican & Thai sativa. Leaf structure kind of a cross between "local" sativas and those lovely long-fingered Thais?

I could be wrong, never ordered it. But the grow I saw about three years ago was like that and I was told it was TW. Then again, who knows? Seems like every time I turn around, someone has named their plants in order to have another bit of marketing meat.

Whatever yours is, it looks tasty. Wish they'd hurry up and invent the scratch-n-sniff monitor.

Yes, it has a mix of genes but the buds forms on the main stalk so it has indica growth for bud on smaller thinner stems. That's why when they are grown together they sort of tip to one side or another from the weight and mke your grow area look like a train wreck with buds at al kinds of angles. There are many crosses with TW. A Train, K Train, Wreckage,etc. So it might be a relative too.

Damn MC, you know your stuff! Now that you mention it, it is starting to look like a train wreck! lol. No matter, what it is, I'm happy with it and since I didn't clone this plant, This is my last chance to enjoy it.

Here is the last plant from that strain. Here it is just before I picked it. I had to pick it early to start the veg on my current grow. So i have some idea what Im looking for.
picture481n1.jpg

I didn't clone this plant, This is my last chance to enjoy it.

Could always try to revert the thing to vegetative stage after harvest so you can take a few clones. Might have to give a bit of nutrients towards the end, however.

It could be trainwreck or a cross between the original e32 trainwreck and another father. the original e32 was a sativa cross "Mostly" LowLand Thai x Mexican Sativa with a pacific northwest outdoor indica, in 1982. Since then they've gone about crossing it and re-releasing it and GHS seems to have stabilized an indica dominant cross that is still powerful but is not the soaring high of sat dom trainwreck. Grown it 3 or 4 times out now and they are all heavy indicas but don't yield as well as some other strains.

It could be trainwreck or a cross between the original e32 trainwreck and another father. the original e32 was a sativa cross "Mostly" LowLand Thai x Mexican Sativa with a pacific northwest outdoor indica, in 1982. Since then they've gone about crossing it and re-releasing it and GHS seems to have stabilized an indica dominant cross that is still powerful but is not the soaring high of sat dom trainwreck. Grown it 3 or 4 times out now and they are all heavy indicas but don't yield as well as some other strains.

Thanks for the insight man. I guess I'll never know what it is, but it is sounding like the indica dominant you describe

The cuttings are still going around and original sat dom trainwreck is not completely dead. It just seems like most trainwrecks have sort of taken a turn towards higher yielding tendencies because the real 'trainwreck' high came from a plant that yielded only 60% compared to the norm. Which is, needless to say, a disappointing yield.

The cuttings are still going around and original sat dom trainwreck is not completely dead. It just seems like most trainwrecks have sort of taken a turn towards higher yielding tendencies because the real 'trainwreck' high came from a plant that yielded only 60% compared to the norm. Which is, needless to say, a disappointing yield.

Yes, 60% is disappointing! onthe420train, Have you read MC's explanation on the name on the previous page?

Looks worth saving for a mother to me. Have to get the bud off and leave it short and open so it can get the 24/0 light. Keep in mind I've never done it and this is just what I've read and seen pictures of. It takes awhile, like weeks, before it establishes itself back in veg and start to grow again.

Looks worth saving for a mother to me. Have to get the bud off and leave it short and open so it can get the 24/0 light. Keep in mind I've never done it and this is just what I've read and seen pictures of. It takes awhile, like weeks, before it establishes itself back in veg and start to grow again.

Well I will have my VEG ROOM and the light is planned to be at 40" and its a 4ft light so I should have room. It will be very interesting to see how this goes. Its funny, I was needing a mother unless cloned from the new soil plants which I probably still am going to do

Well thankfully for my plants, I dont have a wife and Im fine with that. Maybe one day but for now, "Im in love with MaryJane, She's my everythang"...

Like I posted somewhere else on this site, "if only I'd have married one of the many, many stoner chicks that I used to know and hang out with............life would have been so much easier.... or at least growing would have! :bong:

Back
Top Bottom