600W HPS - Light Mover - 3x4x7.5 Tent - LED Veg - Perpetual Pt. 2

re: 600W HPS, Light Mover, 3x4x7.5 Tent, LED Veg, Perpetual Pt. 2

pretty sweet lookin man.I bet she will be one sexy lady when she starts turning purple.

Hopefully she will turn purple, we will see. She just started lightly smelling of fuel this evening.

Quick veg tent shot currently running the 180w Pro-Grow switchable LED from Hydroponics Hut, it flowers nicely too. Just using the veg switch on a 20/4 schedule, height is 12" from the tallest plant
IMGP2310.JPG

Green House Seeds Lemon Skunk day 8 from seed, she is currently working on her 4th set of leaves.
IMGP2308.JPG

IMGP2309.JPG

I'd noticed you and a few other Pro-Grow users taking advantage of the selective spectrum for veg & bloom. I just always ran both spectrums, 100% of the time, so it seemed overkill for seedlings and I stuck with CFLs.

I never used or properly respected the vegetation setting on my PG 180 till the recently. Now I favor it over CFLs, as I had better growth and much lower temps in the tent.

Endive, it really is much better than CFL's, at least my plants think so. I did pick up a 2ft 4 bulb HO T5 as a test, but found that just the veg switch did 10x's better and I can easily cover a 3x2 area at 12". The low wattage and lack of heat are the other high points, total wattage for my veg tent running a 6" clip on fan, 105cfm extraction fan, and PG180 on veg is only 107w, and 169w with full spectrum. Temps in the tent increase by 3 degrees at full spectrum. Costs me about $8 a month to run the veg tent on a 20/4 schedule, still under $9 if running full spectrum the whole month.

Just veg switch on, 6" fan, and 105cfm fan
IMGP2313.JPG

Full spectrum with the two fans
IMGP2314.JPG

This NY Purple Diesel has to be the fastest flowering plant I have grown yet, she is at day 31 from the flip of 12/12, not from the first pistil. She is already starting to stack the weight on, resin is thickening, and a few hairs are starting to turn. I am looking forward to watching her become a "MILS" (Mom I'd like to smoke).

IMGP2315.JPG

Veg cab is nice and green. The next set of 3rd Dimension have rooted nicely and are showing vigorous growth. The 5 test sprouts are doing well, and just topped all the 3D clones, they go into flower when the big NYPD in the flower tent comes out (2-3 weeks).
IMGP2336.JPG

Lemon skunk day 13 from seed
IMGP2338.JPG

Lemon skunk top shot
IMGP2340.JPG

Super cropping the NY Purple Diesel mom
IMGP2345.JPG

NY Purple Diesel day 36
IMG_48031.JPG

IMG_48063.JPG

IMG_48141.JPG

IMGP2353.JPG

IMGP2352.JPG

IMGP2346.JPG

Thanks guys, she is smelling of strong fuel with a hint of citrus, definitely sticky. She has practically grown herself, she just gets 2 tsp of Age Old Bloom, 1 tsp molasses, and 1 tsp PK 13/14. Just spotted a few ambers shortly ago, but she has a couple of weeks left.

I just super cropped the NYPD mom and will take 8 or 10 clones from her next week and get ready for a mini-sog of the NYPD in 1 gal bags

NYPD day 38. Had a little time to snap some decent shots

IMG_48151.JPG

IMG_48211.JPG

IMGP2373.JPG

IMGP2369.JPG

IMGP2370.JPG

IMGP2368.JPG

IMGP2372.JPG

Forgot to add the veg tent shots.

IMGP2376.JPG

Lemon Skunk Day 15 from seed, just topped her today between 5th and 6th node
IMGP2378.JPG

Special cross seedlings at day 9 from seed
IMGP2379.JPG

Thank you Mod's!

Ha, they deleted the muppet off mine too :)

Great looking buds, mate. Am a week behind and have nothing like the density of your buds.

Am thinking I need to get me a better reflector to sit on top of the cool tube to focus the rays.

Have you had a lot of benefit from the light mover?

This is strange, I see by email that someone posted but it didnt make it to the thread.

OK, now it shows up after I post. LOL.

DaveyBoy I will respond shortly

DaveyBoy, the title of my grow is incorrect as I am now using a 600w dimmable HPS instead of my 400w, switched it out once I got my new 6" 440cfm fan. The mover definetly helped with my 400w light coverage.

My cooltube was just the basic 19" version with attachable wings like yours but it is NOT very efficient except for smaller areas and wasted tons of light, this is where the light mover actually helped even the light out but still wasn't good enough for my liking soooo... I picked up my new hood this morning that is basically a cool tube inside a hood, Cool Star Plus is the name of it and the difference is night and day now, at least visually for me. Still using the light mover but it only moves a total of 8 inches now. The new hood is 32" long and 25" wide, and puts the bulb in more of a centered position inside the tube.

My regular cooltube before the swap
IMGP2380.JPG

New Cool Star, the difference is very noticeable
IMGP2385.JPG

Short glass area was always a henderance, but the new tube's glass is as long as my whole old tube
IMGP2383.JPG

Under the new hood shot
IMGP2387.JPG

It really spreads the light out now
IMGP2392.JPG

Re: 600W HPS, Light Mover, 3x4x7.5 Tent, LED Veg, Perpetual Pt. 2

Thanks for taking time for this, and you can really see the difference. Looking great.

Your plants have a lot more room than mine, not sure if that will have any detrimental effect or not, trying to thin out the crap branches and budsites and for now they're all very happy.

However you've now ruined my setup for me ;)

*thinking out loud* Love that reflector, but may stick with what I have for this grow and then go for a 250w MH for veg tent and upgrade the 400 with a Cool Star at the same time... Hmmm... then I could add my 125w for side lighting. Love it.

Problem with all of this is I am in rented accomodation, so it will all have to move again at some point, bleh.

Will sleep on this, but the proper reflector is a must.

Oh and 3 x 4 x 7.5 is feet? Can you give in centimetres? My flower room is a 1m square tent, is yours a 1.2m?

Re: 600W HPS, Light Mover, 3x4x7.5 Tent, LED Veg, Perpetual Pt. 2

Oh and 3 x 4 x 7.5 is feet? Can you give in centimetres? My flower room is a 1m square tent, is yours a 1.2m?

122cm x 91cm x 228cm, give or take a cm.

I have also started to remove a few larger fan leaves, 4 to 6 of them in the middle of the plant on day 21 of flower then again at day 42, did this as a test on the NY Purple Diesel and to my suprise it has really helped her. I did leave the top fans and lower fans, just removed the middle ones to get more light. Her middle leaves were massive and would have been blocking the lower 2/3 of the plant.

You can see here that I left the top ones and bottom ones and she is very healthy and showed no signs of slowing down after her original day 21 trim
IMG_48151.JPG

Back
Top Bottom