600W HPS - Light Mover - 3x4x7.5 Tent - LED Veg - Perpetual Pt. 2

re: 600W HPS, Light Mover, 3x4x7.5 Tent, LED Veg, Perpetual Pt. 2

My last post shows the NY Purple Diesel at day 26 from seed, but currently we are at day 12 of 12/12. She went in at day 32 from seed at 12" tall, currently she is 22" tall and looking good. She is nice and healthy.
IMG_47083.JPG

IMG_47113.JPG

I love her leaf structure
IMG_47132.JPG

Flowering tent just as the lights are warming up, changed the bulb to a Plantmax 400hps enhanced spectrum.
IMG_46921.JPG

Fully awake now
IMG_47163.JPG

5th Dimension (Blue Widow x 3rd Dimension) day 45, very fast and promising cross. Already at 25% amber
IMG_47191.JPG

IMG_47222.JPG

I'm blown away at how good everything is looking!!! (But not surprised, mind you)

My set-up is almost complete (looks a lot like yours, just not as neat and tidy). Any pointers you can give for mounting the light mover in the tent? I see you're using the 2x4 method, but beyond that I'm clueless.

Endive, the light rail install was simple. I see you found the other thread :)

I just screwed the rail into a 46" 1x6 , drilled holes for the ties, and nylon tied it to the supports, works great and took about 10 minutes to install. Allows me to keep the cooltube at 8" and no dark or hot spots, light mover only moves a total 24'' (12" in either direction from center) with a 30 second pause at each end.

BTW I just recieved my dimmable 600w hps today, will install it tomorrow and see how the heat is, worse comes to worse I can back it down to 450w as needed.

IMG_44291.jpg

Hey man,just jumped in on your grow.

I just finished reading it and i must say,they are lookin pretty sweet.

I kinda got lost on page 3 about halfway down,not sure i could see or read anything:cheesygrinsmiley:

But damn what a nice pair of Boobies.:bravo:

Endive, the light rail install was simple. I see you found the other thread :)

BTW I just recieved my dimmable 600w hps today, will install it tomorrow and see how the heat is, worse comes to worse I can back it down to 450w as needed.

IMG_44291.jpg

Okay I get that! Thank you!
Yeah, I didn't like the method in the other thread as much as your set-up.

I'm VERY curious to see the heat issues, if any, with your 600w. My 600 should be here next week (late), I'm banking on the "dimmability" to help cool things down.

Endive, yes the other guys install was basically a waste of time. My temps with the 400 hps on super lumens never gets above 80, ambient is 76 to 78 so I figured why not at least try the 600w and just back it down if needed :).

Big Budda, yes those puppies can be a HUGE distration

Here is a shot from 5 minutes ago of the flower tent, havent had much free time to get some good pics. In the tent I have the NY Purple Diesel, Brainstorm, 2x 3rd Dimensions and the TNT Kush. There was an NL in there until this morning but I found a nanner so she went into the hash/trim pile at day 38, the rest are doing real well.
IMGP2267.JPG

Just some quick shots from the flower tent, excluding the younger plants that just went in, not my best shots but good enough for a quick update ;).

On another note, this will be the last Brainstorm I grow, I am not pleased with her outcome and she is freaky finniky. She is VERY "light sensetive", not due to heat just light intensity which I found weird. I gave a friend a clone awhile back and he can't get his 250w HPS closer than 18" without her leaves curling up in a room that stays 75 degrees at all times. This is the 3rd time running her and the results look to be the same each time, she has resin but not much. Taste and high are both bland, wasn't a high or even a couchlock but it sure makes you sleepy so its good for right before I go to sleep. The mom has been laid to rest since I wouldn't want to pass these genetics on to my friends. I am not blaming the seed company, I just see it as I got a bad pheno, got plenty of other seeds to work with and have a GHS Lemon Skunk that is 5 days from seed in the works.

Brainstorm day 46 now on RO water and mollases only diet, started yellowing 4 days ago.
IMG_4723.JPG

Brainstorm top
IMG_47302.JPG

NY Purple Diesel day 25
IMG_47341.JPG

NY Purple Diesel
IMG_4739.JPG

NY Purple Diesel from above
IMG_4740.JPG

TNT Kush day 20
IMG_47411.JPG

IMG_47442.JPG

Flowering tent group shot, younger plants are in the back on foldable risers until they get taller.
IMG_47472.JPG

Very nice looking setup and final product batcave!! I am a first timer at growing and have a very similar setup and hope that I can produce something as nice as that!!! I really like how you are using the LED for veg, I read a lot into them but still was a little hesitant in getting one for my first grow, glad to see that you had such success!!

Very nice looking setup and final product batcave!! I am a first timer at growing and have a very similar setup and hope that I can produce something as nice as that!!! I really like how you are using the LED for veg, I read a lot into them but still was a little hesitant in getting one for my first grow, glad to see that you had such success!!

Thanks man, and yes LED's are hard to beat for veggin'. Here is a pic I just snapped, looks kind of empty now since I just moved 5 clones in 1gal pots into flower this morning. The 5 rooters have test seeds from a few special crosses, my group of friends share pollen too :). The whole veg tent only uses 110w with just the veg switch on the 180w LED, 192w for full spectrum so its cheap to run.
IMG_47491.JPG

I forgot to clean out the cooltube when I switched bulbs and ballasts so I snapped a quick few of the new ballast and tent with lights off (mostly) while I cleaned it.

600w dimmable
IMGP2274.JPG

600w Lumens+, 600w, 400w, 360w capability
IMGP2275.JPG

600w next to my 400w dimmable
IMGP2278.JPG

Tent with lights off
IMGP2284.JPG

Brainstorm comes down in a week or so, 10% amber already
IMGP2286.JPG

Plant looks nice to,how much do you reckon you will get off her.
:yummy:

Maybe 3/4oz if I am lucky, Brainstorm is suppose to normally be a good yielder though. She looks pretty beat up right now, but has had nothing but the best of care, just a bad pheno, last one was very similar.

Brainstorm day 48 and almost there, she will come down on day 55 or 56.

IMGP2290.JPG

IMGP2292.JPG

IMGP2294.JPG

Wow that green ballast looks Identical to my Lumatek 600W as far as the casing and layout of the cords, knobs etc...are they the same company or sister companies? (a photo of mine is posted in my grow journal).

I for sure my next time around will be going LED or CFL for veg, and hopefully by then I will have a separate tent to do it it....I would love to use half the amount of electric and get the same results.... Man those nugs are looking delicious...by the way...what is the strain you have that grows the boobies....lol... would it be trainrack!! lol... nice journal!!!

Wow that green ballast looks Identical to my Lumatek 600W as far as the casing and layout of the cords, knobs etc...are they the same company or sister companies? (a photo of mine is posted in my grow journal).
My friend said the same thing about his 600 Lumatek, but mine is just one I got for $125 shipped from eBay, Eclipse is the brand. The guy lists them for $119 but accepts $110 in his best offer area, shipping was $15. I do know that many times when a company orders a run of product the company making them will make extras and sell them under a different name for a cheaper price than the name branded ones, happens all the time in the LED makers world.

Man those nugs are looking delicious...by the way...what is the strain you have that grows the boobies....lol... would it be trainrack!! lol... nice journal!!!

Boob Berry :)

Just a couple of quick pics.

Full tent
IMG_4758.JPG

NY Purple Diesel day 30, looks like she is going to be a good yielder. Already starting to get frosty and bulking up. No purple yet.
IMG_47602.JPG

Back
Top Bottom